Let us compile a list of D3 annoyances.
This happens way too often, even in Nightmare difficulty.

[Image: 1lbwu.jpg]
I don't like the fact that when I use one grade of potion (say greater) and when it's used up, I have to manually put in the lesser healing potions in the potion hotkey slot. IMO pressing Q should use potions in reserve too.

Also, the chat sucks. I press enter and then I have to pick tab to and select who i want to talk to. There needs to be a button to quickly cycle because in the middle of a game I can't quickly select who I want to talk too.

4 player games just feel really small, and hardly anyone joins the public ones.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
(05-20-2012, 03:47 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: 4 player games just feel really small, and hardly anyone joins the public ones.

Odd. Frag and I have had great success playing in pug groups in hardcore. If you really want to join pugs, come play in the light of hardcore. It's where the game is really at anyway.
(05-20-2012, 04:30 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: It's where the game is really at anyway.

You keep making points like this, and it's weakening every post you make. The game is where people are having fun, no matter how they come to it. Show how you're having fun, don't deride other people for their experiences.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(05-20-2012, 11:31 AM)Quark Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 04:30 AM)MongoJerry Wrote: It's where the game is really at anyway.

You keep making points like this, and it's weakening every post you make. The game is where people are having fun, no matter how they come to it. Show how you're having fun, don't deride other people for their experiences.

What Quark said. Your posts are great up to that point, MJ. I understand the motivation for people to play hardcore, but I don't share it, therefore I play softcore and I just try not to die, but, if I'm reckless and get splattered, it's still fun and I learn. However, I don't put down other people for wanting to play hardcore. I hope you enjoy it a lot. I know Frag does and I like to see my friends have fun.Big Grin

It's just like PvP vs PvE in WoW. I don't care for MMO PvP. Doesn't mean I think less of anyone here for enjoying it. Just not my thing, but, don't deride me because I don't participate.

While we're talking about this, I'll note that, as Jester said someplace else, this isn't WoW, we're not raiding, so we don't have to be cookie-cutter optimal all the time. So, we can now play variants, particularly if we're playing solo, or with teams of friends who know what we're doing, or are participating in same.

Edit: Sometimes it's hard to get over seven years of WoW/MMO raiding habits when it comes to talent builds and stats, so let's keep that in mind.
--Mav
(05-20-2012, 01:01 AM)DeeBye Wrote: This happens way too often, even in Nightmare difficulty.

Been there, done that, bought the T-shirt (Price: 1g).

That, and I've also had worse drops from the ultra-rare, uber-shiny Exceptional Chests than I have done from regular or Resplendent Chests. Man, my heart skipped a beat when I found my first one in Act IV and it yielded... 23 gold (split across two drops), and plain white Plate Mail and Boots.
--
Not really an annoyance, but a "Shared gold pickup" option for multiplayer would be nice. Lots of running back and forth picking up gold that popped out of scenery stuff. I'm not sure if this would even be possible with the way drops are handled in multiplayer (which, incidentally, is awesome).

--
One more vote for a "silent mode" for followers. I thoroughly enjoyed the playful banter and the back-and-forth exchanges between my followers in town or the scoundrel and Leah in Act 1. For the first time. I could do without it when I get to Nightmare.

--
Also seconding the request for a way to display follower gear on mouseover of an item.

--
Chat channels!

--
A mail system! Would be brilliant if you could mail items to your friends. Not going to happen.

--
Increased range on shrine sharing in multiplayer. One screen away and missing the buff? Boo!

take care
Tarabulus

P.S.: Also, stable servers. Trololol...
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-20-2012, 11:55 AM)Mavfin Wrote: While we're talking about this, I'll note that, as Jester said someplace else, this isn't WoW, we're not raiding, so we don't have to be cookie-cutter optimal all the time. So, we can now play variants, particularly if we're playing solo, or with teams of friends who know what we're doing, or are participating in same.

Edit: Sometimes it's hard to get over seven years of WoW/MMO raiding habits when it comes to talent builds and stats, so let's keep that in mind.

This seems out of left field. Where have I ever said or implied that we have to find cookie cutter builds? I am most famous for my non-cookie cutter builds -- and what strikes me as genius about this skill system is that everyone has access to every spell but the builds can be wildly different due to the six skill limitation. Nearly every Wizard skill is one that I would love to use, and my mind is already spinning at some wild possible builds (e.g. "The Wizard Bomb"). I'm enjoying watching the more public forums where people are trying to pigeon hole people into their own build that they think is the ultimate cookie cutter build -- and failing utterly. People are so used to having only one or two min/max builds to choose from that people are scrambling to make sense of a game where there are dozens of such builds available.
(05-20-2012, 04:30 AM)MongoJerry Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 03:47 AM)Archon_Wing Wrote: 4 player games just feel really small, and hardly anyone joins the public ones.

Odd. Frag and I have had great success playing in pug groups in hardcore. If you really want to join pugs, come play in the light of hardcore. It's where the game is really at anyway.

Don't think I'll be playing HC in d3 for a while, since I've been experiencing some complete freezes for a few seconds and I've noted quite a few other people dying due to this. Also, the no-loot system turns me off.

As someone who's played hardcore for a long while on d2, I admit it's more challenging, but I haven't the mood for now.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Hitler weighs in. (Come on. This was unavoidable..)
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
I finally have a bit of an annoyance. The beginning of Act 3 made my eyes and head hurt.
Intolerant monkey.
(05-20-2012, 03:02 PM)MongoJerry Wrote:
(05-20-2012, 11:55 AM)Mavfin Wrote: While we're talking about this, I'll note that, as Jester said someplace else, this isn't WoW, we're not raiding, so we don't have to be cookie-cutter optimal all the time. So, we can now play variants, particularly if we're playing solo, or with teams of friends who know what we're doing, or are participating in same.

This seems out of left field. Where have I ever said or implied that we have to find cookie cutter builds? I am most famous for my non-cookie cutter builds

The part you quoted wasn't really for you, MJ, but there are others still in that mindset. In relation to you specifically, I only noted the one thing, and rolled the other message in the same post. Sorry for the confusion.

I love hearing about your interesting builds, actually.
--Mav
This is one of MANY reasons why I will never play Hardcore. If you enjoy punching yourself in the testicles, good for you. It doesn't make you more of a man. Get over it.

/end rant

Sidenote:
Hell is F-ing HARD. Almost 22k life, 2.1k DPS and I'm getting my ass handed to me by Zombies and Scavengers. I find it hugely ironic that this game becomes EASIER in coop. Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-21-2012, 02:04 AM)Roland Wrote: If you enjoy punching yourself in the testicles, good for you.

Hah! That's where I'm ahead of the game! Wink
Intolerant monkey.
(05-21-2012, 02:04 AM)Roland Wrote: This is one of MANY reasons why I will never play Hardcore. If you enjoy punching yourself in the testicles, good for you. It doesn't make you more of a man. Get over it.

I lost my interest in D2 Hardcore after reading a Pete post. The summation of his post was that Hardcore is a game-enforced ruleset that you can easily do yourself. If your character dies, delete it. No extra game mode required.
(05-21-2012, 03:00 AM)DeeBye Wrote: I lost my interest in D2 Hardcore after reading a Pete post. The summation of his post was that Hardcore is a game-enforced ruleset that you can easily do yourself. If your character dies, delete it. No extra game mode required.

Pretty commonly done in Diablo (original), and very popular in many other games. In Diablo III, you can justify Hardcore as a separate mode given so much is shared between characters, it does feel almost like `cheating' if your regular characters inadvertently give your hardcore ones a big leg-up.
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
The story. The idea behind the story isn't innately bad, and Act I does a decent job of showing it. Act II starts showing cracks in the storytelling, and Act III just kills it off completely (especially the end). Act IV is Act IV - win the war, yo.

A blind squirrel that can't find its own nuts could see where this was going.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
(05-21-2012, 02:42 PM)Quark Wrote: The story.

Well, Diablo's story was never Skyrim or NWN by any stretch of the imagination. I mean, D1, the hero kills Diablo, then puts the stone in his own head? Then he's the villain of D2, and releases/finds his brothers, who we kill. It worked fine, but it's not great literature.

The story just gives a framework for the gameplay, and that's all, in this case, IMO. At least D3's story has a twist and turn or two.

I didn't expect what the falling star was at all, and even when we found the stranger, I didn't suspect the real answer till the third fragment. And of course the betrayal. I expected there to be one, but, not exactly that form of it, and by that person.

YMMV.
--Mav
(05-20-2012, 02:10 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: Also seconding the request for a way to display follower gear on mouseover of an item.
--
Increased range on shrine sharing in multiplayer. One screen away and missing the buff? Boo!

Agree with both of these. The shrine range should really be a no-brainer. The only reason for this I can think of is to avoid the situation where everyone collects shrines while one person is parked at a boss entrance, then all teleport to join them with multiple active shrines.

The UI menu should have a checkbox to enable offhand AND follower item comparison all on the same screen. Titan Quest did this right many years ago. Again, I can see Blizzard's side, as the current model keeps things simple, and the offhand modifier also allows the "equip" button to swap offhand items rather than primary.

It's obvious they put a lot of thought into the interface. I'd just love to see some additional "expert user" options.
(05-21-2012, 04:21 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: In Diablo III, you can justify Hardcore as a separate mode given so much is shared between characters, it does feel almost like `cheating' if your regular characters inadvertently give your hardcore ones a big leg-up.
It's only an issue for the person with little self control, and who harbors self-guilt. When I "cheat" at playing solitaire, I'm not deceiving anyone -- I know what I did, and if winning is THAT important, then there is my own special diabolic and personal enjoyment. Ladders would be different. I'm not sure if you can be so disciplined (e.g. even using the blacksmith who is already trained up to master level by prior character investments) without seriously handicapping yourself versus other hard core players.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]