Post your stupid deaths here.
The first time I died, it was because I was standing in a cloud of poison after killing a big tree dude. Killing the tree dude leveled me up and I was too focused on what cool new abilities I unlocked instead of the poison I was standing in.
TREASURE GOBLINS AARRRRGH!!
(05-17-2012, 03:11 AM)DeeBye Wrote: The first time I died, it was because I was standing in a cloud of poison after killing a big tree dude. Killing the tree dude leveled me up and I was too focused on what cool new abilities I unlocked instead of the poison I was standing in.

That is in fact the first death I had as well.
First death was to my cat. Details in my report thread.

Second death was to load lag, running a boss encounter at the start of a new session. (Won't be doing that again any time soon).

I have come close about six times so far to a legitimate death in combat, but have not yet fallen. ... My toons so far are both melee, so wade right in and get their hands dirty. This playstyle must remain legitimate through Hell difficulty (albeit with use of tactics and smarts) or I will be displeased.

There is a big club-swinging brute in Act Two, who nearly one-shotted me when I took the hit. This is sure to be a one-shot in later difficulties, I am thinking, but he gets his weapon stuck after a miss, so you will have to bait him into swinging, avoid it, then move in for some damage. THIS sort of design I can live with. Unavoidable one-shots not so much. Tongue So we shall see.

- Sirian

[Image: ember-mini.gif]

I haven't really had any stupid deaths so far, but my first death was a "Welcome to Act 3" sort of death where I ran in with the same tactics that had worked in Acts 1 and 2, my team mate got destroyed and then I eventually died as well. I also had a close call of a similar variety in Act 2, so I've found it interesting how the start of each act seems to trap you if you're not ready for it.
-TheDragoon
Early on with my barbarian Shalandrax I got stuck in a skeleton event that I was completely unprepared for (no potions) and died to being swarmed.

Edit: OMG the trees and their poisons are vile.
Only non-lag monster death so far involved repeatedly standing in green fumes of death while fighting the Act II boss.

But those green fumes were so pretty!

Prediction - that Act II boss is going to fill a few hardcore character graveyards.
Continuous improvement through procrastination since 1973.
(05-17-2012, 01:07 PM)TheDragoon Wrote: I haven't really had any stupid deaths so far, but my first death was a "Welcome to Act 3" sort of death where I ran in with the same tactics that had worked in Acts 1 and 2, my team mate got destroyed and then I eventually died as well. I also had a close call of a similar variety in Act 2, so I've found it interesting how the start of each act seems to trap you if you're not ready for it.

To think, all we had to do was take a few steps back down the stairs, and it would have been easy. Blush I think the act beginnings are just saying "here, have 20 monsters including 2 bosses at once!" as a bit of a shock.

All our dangerous moments and all our easy moments seem to have a common thread. Wide open area: dangerous. Corridor of Disintegrate is Awesome: easy.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
My first death was standing in poison after the fight one, but not from the trees. I wasn't watching, and got hit by 2 lines of the little poison flies at once. Splat.

I one-shot the Act I end boss, and died once to the Act 2 one. I did die to a waller boss somewhere in Act 2, and had a narrow escape in the Archives.

(Trying not to name bosses, sorry) Currently in Act 3, and had some narrow escapes going after the beacons, kind of the 'welcome to Act X' effect as you guys mentioned above.

I think I've died five times total, perhaps, but not sure.
--Mav
Being that my first char is a barbarian, I tend to consider all my deaths stupid and senseless. I bellow out my gutteral war cry, jump into the fray wildly swinging my duel weapons watching monsters body parts fly in all directions. But, sometimes when I'm out of red koolaid, and no red globby thingy appears in time... I die, then run back and jump right back in again. Thinking? That's for wizards... I'm just trying not to be distracted by the incredible distance that last monsters bloody head flew... Coooool!

But, seriously... I'm beginning to know when to jump out again. Partying is harder, since self preservation means leaving the squishy wizards, witch doctors, and demon hunters to fend for themselves... So, I tend to try to kill what's killing them, heedless of what's killing me.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

My hope is that I never make an on topic post in this thread since I'm mostly playing HC and well I never want to die. Smile I'm posting this so that when I come back and post in this thread later tonight (or whenever) because I did something stupid there will be plenty of crow for me to feast on.
---
It's all just zeroes and ones and duct tape in the end.
(05-17-2012, 01:07 PM)TheDragoon Wrote: I haven't really had any stupid deaths so far, but my first death was a "Welcome to Act 3" sort of death where I ran in with the same tactics that had worked in Acts 1 and 2, my team mate got destroyed and then I eventually died as well. I also had a close call of a similar variety in Act 2, so I've found it interesting how the start of each act seems to trap you if you're not ready for it.

I'm waiting for this kind of thing to happen.

I've only been in Act I so far, and I *know* I am cultivating some bad habits right now, but it's fun, so I'm gonna keep it up while it lasts (and play through each act normal before playing through HC so I can be a little reckless).
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Act II will demolish you if you've just gone through act I on autopilot. I nearly died for the first time outside the front gate; Lacuni grenadiers brought me down to near death in a split second while I was flinging spiders into their faces.

My first death actually came a few minutes later; descending down into a mine to save a few Iron Wolves I got overconfident having found a Protection Shrine. Leaped by a pack of Lacuni I just... Well, not even sure where things went wrong apart from the fact I went from full to zero health in less time that it took me to realise what was going on.
1st Death was on The Butcher, and i'm surprised it took that long.
Female Demon Hunter, hit my Vault key "2", instead of "Q".
Oh well.
But have now died a couple of times in Act II, some of those Bugs that send the line of smaller bug at you, that you have to avoid or take damage.....doesn't help when your Vault goes straight down a line of them.

Huh
(05-18-2012, 08:04 AM)mistique Wrote: .doesn't help when your Vault goes straight down a line of them.

Ouch! Tongue
--Mav
Ugh, those wasps in Act 2 with their flies are horrible.

However, as posted elsewhere, my first death was to Belile, standing in a green pool. I had already been damaged but my health potions were coming off cooldown soon and health globes spawn enough during that fight that I should have been OK. But as I tried to move out of the green pool, I clicked on a part of Belile, who takes up a big part of the screen, and fired a Magic Missle standing in place instead of moving. I'm not happy about it. I understand if I die due to something I did, but when I die in hardcore to something as dumb as poor keybinding options by Blizzard, I get a little miffed.
First death was on Belial here too. Second on Azmodan. After that, they started piling up a little higher.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
"I probably shouldn't charge into this Electrified Fire Chain pack..."
I made a purposefully overly aggressive hardcore witch doctor. I didn't use any pet skills and tried to mow through things. Made it to Act 2, but then a treasure goblin showed up and I chased him through a bunch of mobs including at least one champion swarm group. It was inside a dungeon type area and the cramped confines plus all of that did me in. Was a great time though. I highly recommend the overly aggressive know you will die eventually hardcore experience. It really gets the blood going sometimes and planning to die from the start makes you not mind it so much.

So far that has been my only death though. Up to Act 3 on my real less suicidal hardcore witch doctor.
(05-18-2012, 05:41 PM)MongoJerry Wrote: Ugh, those wasps in Act 2 with their flies are horrible.

No! Those are BEES that shoot smaller bees bees bees bees at you.