Has the fire from the sky stopped falling?
(05-14-2012, 04:31 PM)Spangles Wrote: my install stopped at 41% with a message:

your installation disk has ejected, and you should log into BN and install digitally

anyone else get this error?

Sounds like you might be missing an "Installer Tome" file from your install directory. I have 3 in my install directory. Is it possible that the download never completed? Maybe try running the downloader again?
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
after running the installer several times and stopping at the disk eject error each time, I am downloading the client again

after poking around on my bnet account, that was the only action that seemed relevant
My result of attempting to install was:

"An unexpected decryption error occurred.
Please contact Customer Support."

I guess they need to stay in their crypts a little longer.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
(05-14-2012, 05:47 PM)Spangles Wrote: after running the installer several times and stopping at the disk eject error each time, I am downloading the client again

after poking around on my bnet account, that was the only action that seemed relevant

downloading the client again gave a good install

servers not available until midnite pacific, according to the next error message, but good to have done this before the rush
(05-14-2012, 07:26 PM)Spangles Wrote: downloading the client again gave a good install

servers not available until midnite pacific, according to the next error message, but good to have done this before the rush

In my case I suspect the installer was not smart enough to find the downloaded files, but the download is taking place again.

I'm told my CE has shipped but I don't expect it for a couple days. Have fun in the meantime.
"I may be old, but I'm not dead."
I've had it installed for a couple hours already. Looks good, checked out the cinematics that were available, no real spoilers in them.
--Mav
(05-14-2012, 06:59 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: By then I should be done with my final university exam. There might even be time to grab some food and then start Diablo 3 as freshly unemployed Mag. (FH).

Rather perfect timing Smile

take care
Tarabulus

In a rather cruel twist my iMac decided tonight would be the perfect time to stop working and won't boot anymore. Which also means I'll be running through the defensio of my thesis without my notes tomorrow. Hilarious.

take care
Tarabulus
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
(05-14-2012, 09:06 PM)NuurAbSaal Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 06:59 AM)NuurAbSaal Wrote: By then I should be done with my final university exam. There might even be time to grab some food and then start Diablo 3 as freshly unemployed Mag. (FH).

Rather perfect timing Smile

take care
Tarabulus

In a rather cruel twist my iMac decided tonight would be the perfect time to stop working and won't boot anymore. Which also means I'll be running through the defensio of my thesis without my notes tomorrow. Hilarious.

take care
Tarabulus

That sucks. Best of luck!

And now, I am installed and far too excited for my own good. YAY!
Intolerant monkey.
I have a HUGE boner over the music from the installer. It's like a voicemail from an old flame you haven't spoken to in years that just rekindles that fire deep inside of you that you had forgotten.

Mmrow how I've missed you baby, Onyxia has nothin' on you. Blush
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
*wail of agony*

For the first time in my life, I lined up to pick up a game at the very instant the stores opened on the release day. Installed Diablo III, sorted out the Battle.net account stuff, launched the game, changed some options, then tried to play me some Diablo III. Computer says no. Try again. Computer says no. Change server. Computer says no. Apparently, May 15th is only officially May 15th when it is so in the US, so... 16 hours after us.

*bashes head into keyboard*
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
(05-15-2012, 12:09 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: *wail of agony*

For the first time in my life, I lined up to pick up a game at the very instant the stores opened on the release day. Installed Diablo III, sorted out the Battle.net account stuff, launched the game, changed some options, then tried to play me some Diablo III. Computer says no. Try again. Computer says no. Change server. Computer says no. Apparently, May 15th is only officially May 15th when it is so in the US, so... 16 hours after us.

*bashes head into keyboard*

I don't remember which region of the world you live in, but right now it's just Europe that can actually play, iirc. And their servers are having a bit of issue. If you're in SE Asia, Australia, New Zealand, then yeah, unfortunately you will have to wait for the US. And global play isn't turned on until after all regions have launched.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/5338015/..._2012#blog

Edit: Actually, I think it's both Europe and Asia servers that can play right now. Just not the American server.
Intolerant monkey.
Australia. Europe and Asia servers do not let me connect until Global Play is open. They should have put us on Asia; it makes more sense, in more ways than one.
So Amazon has updated my shipping date to Thursday the 17th (from the 22nd to the 26th). Also, it's sitting in a post office one town over from me - which means so long as MY post office doesn't completely FUCK ME OVER like they have MULTIPLE times in the past, I'll have D3 tomorrow morning.

*ahem*

Yay! Smile
Roland *The Gunslinger*
(05-14-2012, 04:29 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: So, for DeeBye:

ATTA BOY!

[Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif]

Hey Bolty can we get [Image: Mm0PY.gif] added to the forum emoticon list?
(05-15-2012, 01:22 AM)DeeBye Wrote:
(05-14-2012, 04:29 PM)LochnarITB Wrote: So, for DeeBye:

ATTA BOY!

[Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif] [Image: Mm0PY.gif]

Hey Bolty can we get [Image: Mm0PY.gif] added to the forum emoticon list?

LOVE the entire line of cows. One was great. The entire line of them even better. =)
Intolerant monkey.
(05-15-2012, 01:28 AM)Treesh Wrote: LOVE the entire line of cows. One was great. The entire line of them even better. =)

They must practice A LOT! I've watched them for over an hour and not one has been out of step, not even once!

Big Grin
Lochnar[ITB]
Freshman Diablo

[Image: jsoho8.png][Image: 10gmtrs.png]

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"You don't know how strong you can be until strong is the only option."
"Think deeply, speak gently, love much, laugh loudly, give freely, be kind."
"Talk, Laugh, Love."
(05-15-2012, 12:56 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Australia. Europe and Asia servers do not let me connect until Global Play is open. They should have put us on Asia; it makes more sense, in more ways than one.

Who is this Elric person? Big Grin
--Mav
(05-15-2012, 12:56 AM)Elric of Grans Wrote: Australia. Europe and Asia servers do not let me connect until Global Play is open. They should have put us on Asia; it makes more sense, in more ways than one.

Update for some Aussies who got screwed over by GAME.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007290816#1
Intolerant monkey.
(05-15-2012, 02:03 AM)Treesh Wrote: Update for some Aussies who got screwed over by GAME.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5007290816#1

Blizzard owns.
(05-15-2012, 01:58 AM)Mavfin Wrote: Who is this Elric person? Big Grin

I do not really know, but what I can say is that he is clearly most suspicious. I suspect a troll or, worse, a politician!