Bloodslayer
Hey guys,

Could someone please explain exactly how bloodslayer is created?

I've read Jarulf's guide and tried to follow the formulas but just got confused...

As I understand, it cannot be created on normal difficulty due to some reason...why?

Bloodslayer is a unique broadaxe with base qlvl 8 for the broadaxe and a qlvl 3 as a unique

Which monsters and dlvl's can it occur on? Jarulf says to search lvl 2 on either nightmare or hell, but can it still spawn anywhere from dlvl's 1-4? or even outside the church?
The following applies to multiplayer Diablo:

Let's say the game generates a broad axe, and decides that it should be unique if possible. It will always try to generate unique items in the same order. In this case, first it will try to create Stonecleaver (qlvl 7). If the source of the item is too wimpy to generate Stonecleaver, then it will try Bloodslayer (qlvl 3). If the source of the item is too wimpy even for Bloodslayer, then you don't get a unique item.

Now for example, a regular monster on normal difficulty needs to be mlvl 8 or higher in order to drop a broad axe. But if they are higher than mlvl 7, they can drop a qlvl 7 unique like Stonecleaver. You can see the problem here if the goal is to find Bloodslayer. With boss monsters you have the +4 bonus, but the issue is the same. And with chests and the like as well, you would need to get to dlvl 4 to get a broad axe which would then be a Stonecleaver. So you must go to nightmare or hell, in order to get broad axes from sufficiently wimpy sources. In nightmare, you add +15 to the level for determining base items, but for checking uniques or magic items the rules are the same as in normal. And in hell it is +30.

So what can drop Bloodslayer in nightmare or hell? The base item is no longer an issue due to the bonus I just mentioned. Anything that gives uniques of level 3 but not uniques of level 7 will do. So, regular monsters of mlvl 3-6, or boss monster of mlvl 1-2 (+4), or chests/barrels/etc from dlvls 2-3 (x2). Overall, you could get it on dlvl 2-5 (you can look up the relevant monsters easily enough). But your best hope is to get it from the lowest level boss monsters, and most of those reside on dlvl 2.

Quote:...
A perfect explanation! Thank you!