glossary of terms for newbies?
hi all-
I'v enjoyed discovering this site, but have a tough time understanding some commonly used words and short acronyms, etc. Is there a glossary of these terms somewhere around? I look in FAQ and help, but to no avail.
Thanks!

"I'm not really clueless, I'm just drawn that way."
R. Rabbit :(
Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon.
-Cerebus the Aardvark
Hi,

Dako-ta put together an extensive glossary at http://home.att.net/~dsf.glossary/index.html

Unfortunately, it's mostly from classic Diablo days, so I'm not sure how much D2 stuff (if any) is there. If you can't find what you want in Dako-ta's glossary, just ask.

And if anyone has or knows of a more up to date glossary, please post a link.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

The amazon basin has a pretty comprehensive glossary of commonly used acronyms under their "new to the basin" section. It is under the "communication in games" heading. You can get to the AB by using the link in the LL's community section.
GFrazier recently added an acronym glossary to the Arreat Summit.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Hail Master Oake,

I maintain something like that in my FAQ: you'll find all the ones I have seen people ask about before there. If there's anything missing, let me know: I can only add what I know people do not all know ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Quote:GF - The Grandfather or GFraizer

Just has to plug himself, doesn't he? :blink:

-Bob
Well, if I was GF, I wouldn't want his job. Bar none the most sought after guy who actually has the guts to play in games under his handle. Could you imagine his life?

GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :rolleyes:
GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :huh:
GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :(
GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :angry:

Acronyms are simple, just ask anyone if you see something you don't understand. Nobody flames here, as I've noticed from experience ;) , no matter how dumb the question, statement, or topic. Bar none this is the best forum in the D2 Community fanbase. All questions asked are professionally answered, always. :)
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
Erf. I wonder what the Koreans think of that list... :ph34r:
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
He didn't include Poison Immune or Magic immune. . .I've always wondered how people distinguish PI (poison immune) from PI (physical immune)
[Image: NewSig.png]
Release your inner dwarf. . .then get him some ale.
WoW Characters:
-Stormrage: Espy, Cafelam, RareCross, EspyLacopa
I use ITP for physical immune, MUCH easier that way.
Conner

God Bless our American Troops!
A better way to pay for the War than Oil
I thought ITP stood for Immune To Poison <_<
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote:He didn't include Poison Immune or Magic immune. . .I've always wondered how people distinguish PI (poison immune) from PI (physical immune)

Hmm interesting. I use PI or spell out phys immune to denote physical immune, but I've never had occasion to actually say poison immune in a multiplayer game. I think that so few are actually concerned with poison immune(in pubbie bnet at least), that it usually doesn't come up.
PI generally means Immune to Physical, since pretty much nobody gives a damn about Poison immunes anyway. If people are talking about poison immunes, they probably won't use acronyms.
Thanks all- clears up a lot. who the hell came up with "Twinking"? I've never played on -line so a lot of this is over my head. still interesting though-
Anything done for the first time unleashes a demon.
-Cerebus the Aardvark