The Lurker Lounge Forums
glossary of terms for newbies? - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo II (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-8.html)
+--- Thread: glossary of terms for newbies? (/thread-11942.html)

glossary of terms for newbies? - Master Oake - 03-03-2003

hi all-
I'v enjoyed discovering this site, but have a tough time understanding some commonly used words and short acronyms, etc. Is there a glossary of these terms somewhere around? I look in FAQ and help, but to no avail.
Thanks!

"I'm not really clueless, I'm just drawn that way."
R. Rabbit :(

glossary of terms for newbies? - --Pete - 03-03-2003

Hi,

Dako-ta put together an extensive glossary at http://home.att.net/~dsf.glossary/index.html

Unfortunately, it's mostly from classic Diablo days, so I'm not sure how much D2 stuff (if any) is there. If you can't find what you want in Dako-ta's glossary, just ask.

And if anyone has or knows of a more up to date glossary, please post a link.

--Pete

glossary of terms for newbies? - Baajikiil - 03-03-2003

The amazon basin has a pretty comprehensive glossary of commonly used acronyms under their "new to the basin" section. It is under the "communication in games" heading. You can get to the AB by using the link in the LL's community section.

glossary of terms for newbies? - kandrathe - 03-03-2003

GFrazier recently added an acronym glossary to the Arreat Summit.

glossary of terms for newbies? - Elric of Grans - 03-03-2003

Hail Master Oake,

I maintain something like that in my FAQ: you'll find all the ones I have seen people ask about before there. If there's anything missing, let me know: I can only add what I know people do not all know ;)

glossary of terms for newbies? - Bob - 03-03-2003

Quote:GF - The Grandfather or GFraizer

Just has to plug himself, doesn't he? :blink:

-Bob

glossary of terms for newbies? - Conner Macleod - 03-04-2003

Well, if I was GF, I wouldn't want his job. Bar none the most sought after guy who actually has the guts to play in games under his handle. Could you imagine his life?

GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :rolleyes:
GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :huh:
GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :(
GFrazier! When is the patch coming out? What new items? What's taking so long? :angry:

Acronyms are simple, just ask anyone if you see something you don't understand. Nobody flames here, as I've noticed from experience ;) , no matter how dumb the question, statement, or topic. Bar none this is the best forum in the D2 Community fanbase. All questions asked are professionally answered, always. :)

glossary of terms for newbies? - NiteFox - 03-04-2003

Erf. I wonder what the Koreans think of that list... :ph34r:

glossary of terms for newbies? - EspyLacopa - 03-04-2003

He didn't include Poison Immune or Magic immune. . .I've always wondered how people distinguish PI (poison immune) from PI (physical immune)

glossary of terms for newbies? - Conner Macleod - 03-05-2003

I use ITP for physical immune, MUCH easier that way.

glossary of terms for newbies? - NiteFox - 03-05-2003

I thought ITP stood for Immune To Poison <_<

glossary of terms for newbies? - Baajikiil - 03-05-2003

Quote:He didn't include Poison Immune or Magic immune. . .I've always wondered how people distinguish PI (poison immune) from PI (physical immune)

Hmm interesting. I use PI or spell out phys immune to denote physical immune, but I've never had occasion to actually say poison immune in a multiplayer game. I think that so few are actually concerned with poison immune(in pubbie bnet at least), that it usually doesn't come up.

glossary of terms for newbies? - AssA - 03-06-2003

PI generally means Immune to Physical, since pretty much nobody gives a damn about Poison immunes anyway. If people are talking about poison immunes, they probably won't use acronyms.

glossary of terms for newbies? - Master Oake - 03-07-2003

Thanks all- clears up a lot. who the hell came up with "Twinking"? I've never played on -line so a lot of this is over my head. still interesting though-