Dupes Dupes
Personaly, I can't wait for Diablo 2 to become unpopular with the masses. It would become like Diablo 1, where duping is a given, but only morons accept gear for free.

Then, with so many less people, we could
RULE BATTLE.NET!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA! Uh, I mean, um, yeah... :blink: :huh:
A plague of exploding high-fives.
The Kitty Kats, the Sheep, and uh, whatever the heck the rest of you are. :P
not turtles
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
Hi Conner......

for starters, if you would use the reply button on the post your are actually replying to, you would make a lot more sense.

You replied to Langolier but did it under a post of Jarulf's :blink:

However, if you could quit with the gratuitous additions to your main point, you could save yourself all kinds of negative comments.

The "get a girlfriend or something' comment detracted from your original point, which, I think, was that building a character around a cheated item was a stupid thing to do.

And, while I am here.....

why don't you re-think your attitude toward women altogether? I find it offensive to see a suggestion that having a girlfriend is something akin to building characters around cheated items, and a reasonable substitute for it. I know that you have now clarified that you really meant that they should 'get a life'. But the very fact that you had to clarify should be ringing alarm bells for you right about now.

And if you cannot change your attitude, at the very least stop trumpeting it in these forums. It will save you all kinds of flames, and perhaps even mitigate the contempt you have already earned.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

*re-evaluates the known physics of the universe, given this remarkable display of being able to repeatedly kick one's own ass*

<_<
Garnered Wisdom --

If it has more than four legs, kill it immediately.
Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
The main problem is people who cant play the game legit :) .
They cant stand loosing :) .
How many lamers are running around with WF and dont even know the ias break points on it ?
If you ask them ,they got it from a friend ,lol .
Blizzard should stop claiming that they are banning cd key's and accounts .
There are lots of hacks and dupes out there from patch 1.01 :( .
So blizzard aint that good at deleting dupes .

Pindlebots ? ,8xx in line to create a game and 5xx ping in the middle of the night :( ,
just say's it all .

Getting flamed of a maphacker because you use youre self found uber items :( ( legit ).
All those ITH'S and whites :( .

Beeing the only "legit" player in every cowrun you're in :( .

I play only classic right now ,and every newbie i play with is a pleasure :).
Calm down,
here's some clarifications.
Anyway, about the "accounts" being hacked, yes, they've been stolen. No, he hasn't given his password to ANYONE (except a person who he just met on BNet, after the hacking thing.)

The thing about "Blizzard slacking & my friend duping" were just 2 things put together in the wrong paragraph. 1.10 should easily bring back the grand phrase "Blizzard R00lz!" in Diablo 2, and the sentence "Oh my lord! My duped items... NOOOOO!" to the mouths of hackers.

Finally, the thing about my friend going bad, he kinda did catch it like the cold. When Diablo 2 became popular in my class about a year ago (Very recent, i know), this poor guy had no idea about anything on BNet. He didn't even know SoJs were money (he thought gold was bomb)! He started hacking after an introduction to it from another guy, and in this rare case, you can compare this to the common cold (HAH!)

Basically it.

P.S.- if my name makes ur eyes hurt, then you wouldn't want to go to "Battleforums.com", since you might go blind or get myopia because of it.
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll come down any time
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
$pringh33led_J@<k,Mar 29 2003, 08: Wrote:P.S.- if my name makes ur eyes hurt, then you wouldn't want to go to "Battleforums.com", since you might go blind or get myopia because of it.
This is most emphatically NOT 'Battleforums.com". It is the Lurker Lounge.

One of the standards here is good grammar and spelling.

For example. 'ur' is not an acceptable form of 'your'.

And to make the Langolier's point crystal clear:

'33' is not considered equivalent to 'ee', no matter how 'kewl' it may be elsewhere. The same applies to '@' as a substitute for 'a' and '>' as a substitute for 'c'.

And if that all seems like a lot of nit-picking, I suggest you 'lurk' a while and see what the standards here are, and if you feel like accommodating them. If you don't, you could always return to those 'other' forums.
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

OK, I analyzed your point.

I figured your pretty much correct, but then again, each person has their own preferences. Unless of course, you completely disagree, understandable. Keep in mind here, I am not flaming you Shadow, I'm just stating a point.

By the way, that's my "user name", not part of my message.

Need I remind you of one other fact, you're not a moderator, or the maintainer of this site. If the moderators have a problem with my username, then I'll promptly fix the problem in whatever way I can.

One other thing, Langolier wanted to state something, and I'm pretty sure he doesn't need your help to state it. Thank you.
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Shadow,

I know you are a regular here, I've read many of your posts over time, and I understand your concern with (i cant even spell it...)'s name. However I think you are wrong in this case, and he is right. Unless the admin's see a problem with such a name, he should be able to use whatever he chooses. This being because any name is a form of self expression, and its personal. It is your face in the digital world, and it is the first thing most cyber people you meet will see. I understand the sense of paranoia around here at making sure the level of integrity on this forum is maintained, however at times, some people just need to calm down, perhaps yourself. Do not interprate this as a flame, I have no reason or need to attack you.

-Wapptor (unbiased I hope)
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
From Elric of Grans' Lurker Lounge Etiquette page (and he IS an admin):
Quote:3) Please post in real English. If English is not your first language, we do not mind spelling or grammatical errors...we do not mind typos from anyone either. However, we do not appreciate '|337 5|o33|<' or any unnecessary shortenings of English words - common abbreviations such as 'lvl' or 'dmg' are fine though. If you do not follow this rule, you will be flamed or ignored completely.
Since we find it necessary to put forth this suggestion for posts... how can it not be considered for nicknames as well?

I can name two private forums off the top of my head that restrict the nature of nicknames. Both of these forums do so to promote a continuity in nature/feel/environment within those forums. The Lurker Lounge has a continuity in nature/feel/environment as well... we detest pubbies, and the 1337speak they spew. It's one of the things that helps keep this place far more palatable than Diabloii.net or the Battleforums.

Considering that Mr. Jack, up there, had the wherewithal to spell his name correctly in his signature poem, would it be too much to ask that he do so in his actual nickname?

Quote:This being because any name is a form of self expression, and its personal. It is your face in the digital world, and it is the first thing most cyber people you meet will see.

Absolutely correct. It also is your primary and ONLY means of making a first impression. Can you not see the counterproductive nature of spelling your actual nickname like an idiot, then?

*tips helm*
Garnered Wisdom --

Never hesitate to put another bullet into the skull of the movie's main villain; it'll save time on the denouement.
Eight hours per day of children's TV programming can reduce a grown man to tears -- PM me for details.
Your first point obviously sailed over his head. This time, aim between his eyes.
Garnered Wisdom --

Nicodemus Phaulkon,Mar 30 2003, 04:24 PM Wrote:Absolutely correct.&nbsp; It also is your primary and ONLY means of making a first impression.&nbsp; Can you not see the counterproductive nature of spelling your actual nickname like an idiot, then?
Yes, suppose you actually WANT to come off as an idiot?

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Then you're likely related to this guy:

[Image: troll.jpg]

:)
-TheDragoon
Quote:Yes, suppose you actually WANT to come off as an idiot?

I hadn't considered that. Considering the effort that most new members make to blend in, make acquaintance and contribute something of themselves and their experiences... I had assumed Mr. Jack would be similar.

But then, I've never understood the adolescent need of some people to reaffirm their status of "waste of skin".
Garnered Wisdom --

Well what else was I say supposed to say? heh. All I'm truly trying to say is that it is his username, its personal and I think its unnecessary to be overly critical of him for it, as opposed to what he writes in his posts.

-Wapptor
-- James Branch Cabell
That's not at all how I read the previous post you made. If someone really wants to come off as an idiot, they'd better be prepared to be treated like one (which includes criticism of said name).
-TheDragoon
Yes, it's me again, the one that's been causing so much trouble... :(

I'm terribly sorry about all the commotion that I've caused on this thread.
Anyway, I created my username out of a "Spurt of Exhaustion". I registered onto this website after a really crappy day, and hadn't the foggiest about all the stuff I'd cause as a result of creating a simple nickname.

Wapptor is perfectly right, and his point is well laid out.

Thanks to Nicodemus for the excerpt from the admin's post. I shall not write in any form that is undesirable as a result (This doesn't include arguing)

One last thing: The username and signature were purely accidental. I had no clue people would judge me so.

Mr. Jack

P.S.- Aren't we getting a little off topic here?
Black Lightning:
- Hell's thunder
- It'll strike anywhere
- It'll hit ANYTHING...
(Run for the hills!Wink
Arghh, i'm just gonna drop it, i support you guys and most of what you say (dragoon and Nicodemus) and I feel like this issue is making you dislike me a hell of a lot heh.

-Wapptor
-- James Branch Cabell
Hi,

The topic was dupes and the people that make and use them.

It is an observational fact that people who use leet speak in their names are more prone to be part of the problem than of the solution. That's a large part of why Buzzard has eliminated the use of just about all non-alphabetic characters from accounts and user names. As an aside, I think that was mostly foolish. While it does force people to use names that are more easily typed and remembered, it doesn't address the underlying fact that the grief players will still be out there even if they can "decorate" their names.

In channel or game, if someone shows up with a name like "$pringh33led_J@<k", he would be considered a potential PITA unless he has proven himself otherwise. It's just the old "if it quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck . . ."

Now, the Lounge being a major refuge for people who not only don't cheat, but who (for the most part) don't tolerate cheating, coming into the Lounge with a name like "$pringh33led_J@<k" is almost like flashing gang signs on someone else's turf -- more likely to generate heat than friendliness.

Your name, your choice. But look around -- do you really want to advertise yourself as a pre-adolescent jerk? Because that is what that form of a name conveys to most of us. If you'd rather not, I'm sure the mods would be glad to change your name. Just drop them an e-mail and ask nicely.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?