Magic Restistance in Nightmare mode
I have just completed Diablo II v1.09 on Normal mode, been accorded the title "Slayer", and started in Nightmare mode.

After playing for a while, just finished rescuing Deckard Cain, I noticed all my resistances are sitting at -30 when all magic items are removed from person and pack.

Any clues as to what has happened? Is the "normal for nightmare"?

TIA!
Hail Dr Shred,

In Nightmare difficulty, your resistances are penalised by 50 percentage points; in Hell difficulty it's 100. Therefore, you now need 125% resistance for MAX, and 175% in Hell difficulty. Nasty, eh?

PS When I tried to reply, I was hit with some anti-spamming restriction for posting too much too quickly. Come on Bolty, you know I'm not REALLY a spammer ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
It's a 40% deficit in Nightmare, not 50. :P

Dr Shred: This also applies to Poison duration, so you'll find that poison lasts longer too.

Also Magic Damage (bone spirit etc. ) and Physical Damage are not subject to the penalty.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Whether it's 40% or 50% at least it's not some mysterious bug, problem with my charcter file, etc.

Thanks for the help! :D
Hail WarBlade,

Check out my characters: it's a high negative resistance in all cases, irregardless of the actual reduction. Besides, 50% would make more sense than 40%: half the Hell penalty :P Oh well, I'll try to remember this time ;)
May the wind pick up your heels and your sword strike true.
Dr Shred,Mar 11 2003, 04:03 PM Wrote:Whether it's 40% or 50% at least it's not some mysterious bug, problem with my charcter file, etc.

Thanks for the help! :D
Gives you +10 resist all. Did you factor that in?
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?