v1.10 changes
Hiya, jbouley!

Edit: just to make this post not total spam, some info: don't expect patch 1.10 in April. <_<

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Edit: just to make this post not total spam, some info: don't expect patch 1.10 in April.

Actually, Bolty, this doesn't help your spam quotient one iota: the question is can we expect 1.10 in May?
Actual the statement from Bill Roper "I'm 100% sure that the patch won't be a topic anymore on the next E3 in May 03" could mean that he expect at that time that even the most hardcore fan have given up there last HOPE and FAITH.
Quote:Originally posted by Bill Roper
"I'm 100% sure that the patch won't be a topic anymore on the next E3 in May 03"
Aha! But he never stated which century! :)
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
greetings
hmm ruvanal. thx for pinning it out for me!

I asumme that the case is as you describe it ! But what make me a little suspicius is why now! This is not the first patch and as such couldn't the work just as well have been done before!

but anyway, I know as a fan off the game that I am not objective as I actual wish to see a lot more done with the game.

And I have to admit that I am not overly thrilled by the upcoming 1.10 patch. The game deserves improvement. The weakest part of the game is not the skill system, even though fixing broking skills and balancing the rest could open for some more interesting builds! Because on less a really die hard fan there is lots off builds still to try! Its not the items even though fixing and balancing drops, rares vs cruels, adding new uniques and sets would open up for new options and adding hours off building and rebuilding characters. And again unless a die hard magic hunting realm player there is allready lot off things still to find!
The weakest part of the game is the predictability (resulting in a boring feeling in me) when running through the whole game again, with yet another character! And as such what really thrills me is the talk about improved monster AI. I think elric stated it somewhere very clear. I simply can't stand taking a charcater through act 1 once again! But new challange there might do something!

I think that the game deserves an expansion number 2 more than anything else!
3003 :D
jondifool,Apr 19 2003, 07:16 PM Wrote:Why all that changes to the internal structure off the game ?
I expect most off the bug removal and the changes to could have been done without reorganising the code to that level I understand it have been done! It might even could have been done a lot faster!
Quick programmer's answer - look here:

http://www.refactoring.com/

-- CH
(who is still waiting to learn the mystic details of the cracked set)
The biggest change I want:
Stop letting stamina potions drop.
They are useless to everyone, including a low level blaze sorc.
They waste a drop when something else could fall/pop out of a chest.
The Bill of No Rights
The United States has become a place where entertainers and professional athletes are mistaken for people of importance. Robert A. Heinlein
jahcs,Apr 22 2003, 12:38 AM Wrote:Stop letting stamina potions drop.
What? My Amazon likes to feed them to her Barbarian hireling.

Larzuk isn't the only one to say "Are all of you so... big?" :o

-- CH
(channeling the spirit of Occhidiangela)
I use stamina potions all the time. I usually pump strength for the first 2-5 levels of all my characters existance, so that extra stamina comes in handy quite often.

Speaking of 'wasint a drop out of a chest' last night while in the Crystalline Passage in Hell, I saw a chest drop *THREE* uniques including an exceptional. Quite nice if I may say so!
I am Baylan

Hardcore is the way to play!

You'll find me on US-East, on the account name Baylan (for now, I'll add more as I get my accounts up and hardcore-capable).
Bolty,Apr 20 2003, 05:56 AM Wrote:Hiya, jbouley!

Edit: just to make this post not total spam, some info: don't expect patch 1.10 in April.&nbsp; <_<

-Bolty
yep now today in this famous frozen keep tread Isolde says that we should not expect the patch before E3.

By the way did anyone actual do that? :huh:
Anyone feels like Charlie Brown ( from peanuts i think its called) on a football field!
I would say: Some time in May (2003). Maybe before, maybe after E3.
jahcs,Apr 21 2003, 05:38 PM Wrote:The biggest change I want:
Stop letting stamina potions drop.
They are useless to everyone, including a low level blaze sorc.
They waste a drop when something else could fall/pop out of a chest.
lol that's kind of true. I tend to recover my stamnia after running the way most normal humans do- take a rest. I don't need drugs. :D
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Naw, I find Stamina Potions valuable in the start, when you got around 20 stamina and in order to run to the fridge you'll need to 2 rests on the way... well you get my point I hope
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
Stamina potions are cheap enough to purchase. There's really no reason for them to drop.
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
jondifool,Apr 23 2003, 08:57 AM Wrote:yep now today in this famous frozen keep tread Isolde says that we should not expect the patch before E3.

You left out the best part of that message, though.

Quote:But the good news is that a fair amount of people here have been playing 1.10 in NM and Hell the past few weeks, so it's getting a decent amount of tuning.

A lot of interesting builds are popping up too.

I'm hoping this is good news for variants - or at least "bio-character diversity"...

Personally, I'm not that concerned about mods. (Though I admit I've made minor changes for my own single player experience.) My reaction to most of the mods I've tried has been "Now I know why Blizzard didn't do that." I wish more mod makers were coherent enough to at least write up a little blurb on what their mod is and why in the world anyone would want to play it.

-- CH
(still wanting a writeup of the Cracked Set)
speaking of 1.10, there is a new unique jewel from 1.10 posted on the Arreat Summit.

rainbow facet jewel

Level 47 chain lightning only does 1-686 damage and jumps 14 times (according to Chippydip's site), so not as impressive as it looks, but it's a cool item nonetheless.
USEast *ghost-70
I overlooked something in that pic at first - and now I can't stop drooling...

That barb is GLOWING dude.

Full set bonus maybe? ( I see IK there I bleev).

I'm pumped.
*Swarmalicious - USeast Hardcore
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - W Wonka

The Flying Booyaka and The Legend of Bonesnap
ghost70,Apr 29 2003, 08:25 PM Wrote:speaking of 1.10, there is a new unique jewel from 1.10 posted on the Arreat Summit.

rainbow facet jewel

Level 47 chain lightning only does 1-686 damage and jumps 14 times (according to Chippydip's site), so not as impressive as it looks, but it's a cool item nonetheless.
100% chance to cast upon death? Huh. That'll make for some interesting builds. :)

With the glow, he looks like a masculine version of a valk. But I'm hoping that this incarnation can at least kill something. ;)
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?
ghost70,Apr 30 2003, 01:25 PM Wrote:speaking of 1.10, there is a new unique jewel from 1.10 posted on the Arreat Summit.

rainbow facet jewel

I was hoping they weren't going to do that, but ah well. Can't win 'em all.

OTOH, glowing barbarians? This is important somehow?

*snort*

LOOK AT CAIN! ;)
Look where he's standing! :D :D :D

Thankyou Blizzard. ;)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War