v1.10 changes
Greetings

This unique jewel is a tease! And I think we are missing the message!
I see treads now speculating in suicede mercs, in the impact of a lvl 47 chainlightning! Even damage numbers on the chainlightning as if anyone of us knows how much damage it would do in 1.10.

The Main information for me with the jewel is that 1.10 would introduce some brand new affixes!

New affixes! What does that means for the games! Depending off the impact it could mean alot

if enough new affix availble (findable)
It means new variants, new builds, new goals, hopefully new strategys, maybe even boltys old beta-LODstatement off a entire new game would come to life , though I really doubt that. And blizzards statement about 1.10 being a patch to have the same importance as LOD (or how was it exsactly worded) could actual be true!

But if the new affixs are rare and scare, only to be seen somewhere on the expected bunch of new uniqe elite items, with an insane small chance to drop. Then we have even more off a collecters game! The hoardes paradise, with the cheaters and dupers as the snake! I don't know if I look forward to guides, based on all unique elite endgame equipment, but we would see that!

As a non muling single player gamer I just hope to see my small bite of the cake! But without access to a bunch of new affixs, I fear that the skill changes in it self might not hold enough than make me toy with a few variants based on 1.10 fixed skills.

with regards
Jondifool
This jewel introduces a whole new concept of hardcore player. One that loads up with every single item with that effect (cast something when you die, if the affix appears in more places than that jewel). If you go down, make sure you go down with a bang! :lol:
I soooo hope this isn't the "solution" to our PK woes

Essentially it penalises PKs except
1) People who use maphack to look at other people's stuff
2) People who use triggerhack
3) People who hostile from town getting kills with hydras, traps or some other such lameness

There was a mention of a possible timer which would be a much better solution for those of us who don't like being victimised

Anyway on less controversial grounds I would point out that an affix on a unique does not mean it occurs anywhere else

I'm more interested in what might be going on in the blues, oranges and yellows affix pool
Quote:I'm more interested in what might be going on in the blues, oranges and yellows affix pool

Actually, I'm much more interested in what might not go in the blue/orange/yellow affix pool. After all, Affix pool corruption is probably the most important reason why rares suck in D2X 1.09, except for certain slots, and I'm using "suck" in the absolute sense, not in the "My Windforce/Cruel Colossus Sword of Alacrity/(insert random overpowered unique/blue here) is better" that seems to be the pubby mindset.
I quite agree - hence "going on" rather than "going in"

I think what actually happened was that a few of us posted about very succesful builds based on crafted safety items just before the decisions for 1.09 were finalised leading to a rather panicky over-reaction:
- elite crafts went
- the affix pool was watered down
- the MDR nerf

Hopefully the patch will see more use of the setting that controls the maximum level that an affix can spawn at - +1 max damage on a thunder maul is daft