FIrst official 3.1 preview
Quote:They are certainly exciting me when they let me know my grounding and tremor totems are getting nerfed.

Telling you about nerfs already in the game and telling you about nerfs that may not exist by the time a patch hits the PTRs. These two things are identical!
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:They are certainly exciting me when they let me know my grounding and tremor totems are getting nerfed.

As a former warlock, I'd like to just say....damn they waited long enough to fix grounding totems and dots.

I remember testing at the beginning of TBC with my buddy and being a little chagrined that a totem would eat a DoT without going away.
Jormuttar is Soo Fat...
Quote:As a former warlock, I'd like to just say....damn they waited long enough to fix grounding totems and dots.

I remember testing at the beginning of TBC with my buddy and being a little chagrined that a totem would eat a DoT without going away.
I also remember the beginning of TBC, where a warlock died to myself in around 6-9s of combat and I died shortly thereafter while eating from the dots he managed to get up before he went down. :P

~Frag
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:I also remember the beginning of TBC, where a warlock died to myself in around 6-9s of combat and I died shortly thereafter while eating from the dots he managed to get up before he went down. :P

This sounds like the story of Warlock meets Warrior in TBC. At least until warlocks got 500 resilience and would easily outlast warriors.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I also remember the beginning of TBC, where a warlock died to myself in around 6-9s of combat and I died shortly thereafter while eating from the dots he managed to get up before he went down. :P

~Frag

I remember in classic dying to a rogue only to see him keel over right after to my deepwounds and rend. Yes in classic I would drop a rend on a rogue.:P
Quote:Yes in classic I would drop a rend on a rogue.:P
Absolutely! That was a valid anti-restealth/vanish technique, as most rogues weren't skilled enough to time the vanish/opener between ticks.

~FragB)
Quote:Absolutely! That was a valid anti-restealth/vanish technique, as most rogues weren't skilled enough to time the vanish/opener between ticks.

~FragB)

You phrase it as if they're that skilled now. Don't bother worrying about Kludge for Bad Scaling (oh, sorry, I meant Hunger for Blood), as that's out of reach of a PvP build.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:You phrase it as if they're that skilled now.
Won't pretend to know anything about PvP in WoW Post-WotlK, but the rogues that I faced in 2's & 3's during Seasons 2 & 3 past 1700 rating were pretty good, typically.

~FragB)
Quote:Telling you about nerfs already in the game and telling you about nerfs that may not exist by the time a patch hits the PTRs. These two things are identical!

Tremor will no longer break fear when you drop it. Grounding totem will no longer ever absorb more then 1 spell, according to blue.

/excited
You know as well as I do that personal attacks are not allowed here, Quark.

~Mirajj
Quote:Tremor will no longer break fear when you drop it. Grounding totem will no longer ever absorb more then 1 spell, according to blue.

/excited

Not sure if I like the tremor totem change. The grounding totem change is warranted.

But they need to fix totemstomping macros.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
I apologize to Bolty beforehand. He doesn't deserve this, though many of the posters here do.

Quote:You know as well as I do that personal attacks are not allowed here, Quark.

~Mirajj

Fine. What is allowed here is taking a 90 degree tangent of whining that has no relevance to the previous point, but allows X player to complain about Y classes' woes, even when they're one of the stronger classes currently.

I'm not sure how hard it is to separate the idea of a "preview" to something that is already directly in the game, and how Blizzard would handle the two events differently. Evidence on these boards is it's pretty hard.
Quote:I apologize to Bolty beforehand. He doesn't deserve this, though many of the posters here do.
Fine. What is allowed here is taking a 90 degree tangent of whining that has no relevance to the previous point, but allows X player to complain about Y classes' woes, even when they're one of the stronger classes currently.

I'm not sure how hard it is to separate the idea of a "preview" to something that is already directly in the game, and how Blizzard would handle the two events differently. Evidence on these boards is it's pretty hard.

That's why I tend to stay out of these as a mod unless it gets completely out of hand, and even then I'll usually post to the thread asking people to cool it. Especially if it's getting too WoW-forumish, which a certain person is getting again. (Not you, Quark).

I hate these class balance threads anyway. There's always one buttwipe who thinks 'class balance' means his class is better than everyone. Fact is, I can go to any number of forums and see half of the crap on this thread ad nauseum. I thought people were a little better here.

--Mav
Updated PTR has been posted. Some very exciting news for boomkins.

* Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral) now reduces the armor of the target for 5 min. (Up from 40 sec)

Improved Faerie Fire has always been a utility talent because of the 40s time. This change makes IFF now mandatory for boomkins.

Quote: * Faerie Fire and Faerie Fire (Feral) now reduces the armor of the target for 5 min. (Up from 40 sec)

Note in PvP it's still 40 seconds.

Assassination, hmm. I'm pretty close to giving up on it, thanks to Hunger For Blood. Ironically, in 3.1 it'll go from 2 desirable glyphs to 3 required glyphs and 2 desirable glyphs. New one is Glyph of Envenom, which does exactly what we've been asking for since beta - Envenom no longer removes Deadly Poison stacks.

Combat seems to have gained too much from it's direct buffs and the PPM of poisons being based around 1.4 weapons (which gives Combat specials ~90% proc rate for poisons, since they have at least 2.5 mainhand), and that was before Armor Penetration got buffed. I'm kind of expecting Combat to get knocked down a notch.

I'm glad I hate Subtlety. For Blizzard saying the tree needed some work near the end of beta, they sure have avoided it well since early beta. I'm just hoping they make pets not count for HAT and maybe then they can start fixing the tree.
New build today.

I saw this note:
Concussion Blow: Now properly triggers a 1.5 second global cooldown.

And thought

"Don't nerf me blow"

:D
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:New build today.

I saw this note:
Concussion Blow: Now properly triggers a 1.5 second global cooldown.

And thought

"Don't nerf me blow"

:D
Hrm, and here I thought it was on purpose that it didn't.

So much for the nice burst threat it gave...
~Frag <_<
I got giggle out this note in the patch changes:
Quote:Changed the icon for Succulent Clam Meat so it doesn't look quite as disgusting.

And the only thing that I could think was, 'Have these guys every had to open an uncooked clam?'
Quote:I got giggle out this note in the patch changes:
And the only thing that I could think was, 'Have these guys every had to open an uncooked clam?'

You would think at least one of them being in California had been at a raw bar. Personally as a midwest boy...I'll take my clams fried. No knocking back nature's loogie for me!
Playing on Anetheron last night, everybody experienced an "event" on the server that caused all mounts to gain swimming ability - complete with animation. Unsurprisingly, I suppose, my wolf did the doggy paddle.