FIrst official 3.1 preview
Quote:An instant interrupt once every fifteen seconds?
There's a non-instant interrupt?

~Frag:D
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:There's a non-instant interrupt?

~Frag:D

/disrobe is on a 5 second cast if you're male toon.
Quote:An instant interrupt once every fifteen seconds?

Like hell that's not going to be nerfed at a future date.

Shield Bash (12sec CD, locks for 6), Pummel (10sec CD, locks for 4) Kick (10sec CD, locks for 5), Mind Freeze (10sec CD, locks for 4), Counterspell (24 sec CD, locks for 8)...

Exorcism [glyphed] (15sec CD, locks for 2)

Why is there a need for a nerf on this? It has the absolutely shortest lock-out period, and the next-longest cooldown (that I can think of) AND requires a glyph.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:Why is there a need for a nerf on this? It has the absolutely shortest lock-out period, and the next-longest cooldown (that I can think of) AND requires a glyph.

Stop comparing class skills. Holy Paladins are by far the best Arena class right now - and this change would buff them by giving them a 30 yard range interrupt. That's all you need to know.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
I disagree. A Holy paladin isn't predispositioned to target enemy players anyway, and while it is certainly a buff, they are also getting a nerf this patch.

And not everything has to revolve around bloody arenas.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:And not everything has to revolve around bloody arenas.
--Mav
Quote:I disagree. A Holy paladin isn't predispositioned to target enemy players anyway, and while it is certainly a buff, they are also getting a nerf this patch.

And not everything has to revolve around bloody arenas.

You've never heard of focus macros? Hammer of Justice and Judgement of Justice already require enemy targets, and they're not exactly ignored. The nerf affects Paladin longevity (not throughput, again, that's what macros are for), and that's still not really the issue. The issue is that burst damage is high and they are by far the best class at mitigating burst damage. And no, not everything revolves around arenas, but to think Blizzard is just going to hand out a random unnecessary buff is a little wacko.
Trade yourself in for the perfect one. No one needs to know that you feel you've been ruined!
Quote:And no, not everything revolves around arenas

When you're talking about an interrupt, you're talking about PvP and maybe a few gimmicky PvE achievements. So I think arenas should be the primary consideration if you're talking about adding one.

And no, I don't PvP. I just think this one needs to be balanced around PvP.
Quote:When you're talking about an interrupt, you're talking about PvP and maybe a few gimmicky PvE achievements. So I think arenas should be the primary consideration if you're talking about adding one.

And no, I don't PvP. I just think this one needs to be balanced around PvP.

With the stated changes, a protection paladin will have a 6 second stun on a 10 second cooldown, and four interrupts (with a glyph, and counting HoJ again as it has an interrupt component) on 30, 15, 10 and 6 second cooldowns.

Even taking the fact that protection paladins may be the lowest DPS spec in the game into consideration, there is no freaking way they'll get to keep all of the above. And if, by some misplaced blessing, they do; they still can't actually kill you (unless you're a rogue. A very, very bad rogue.)

These sound like great, big, nasty changes that will toastally make paladins OP. I'll wait and see how they actually get implemented.

Holy paladins may have OMG THROUGHPUT- they're still the weakest PVE healing class, and they're getting a huge nerf.
"AND THEN THE PALADIN TOOK MY EYES!"
Forever oppressed by the GOLs.
Grom Hellscream: [Orcish] kek
Quote:Holy paladins may have OMG THROUGHPUT- they're still the weakest PVE healing class, and they're getting a huge nerf.

For what it's worth, I've heard every healing class try and claim this.
Quote:Stop comparing class skills. Holy Paladins are by far the best Arena class right now - and this change would buff them by giving them a 30 yard range interrupt. That's all you need to know.

And you need to stop thinking that season six will be the same as season five. Remember how radically things changed between season one and season two? Holy pallies dominated season one, and started dropping off in season two. By season three, they were the worst 2's healer, and most people only took them for Blessing of Protection, Kings, and Blessing of Freedom.

I seriously doubt Blizzard is at all okay with how weak the other three healers are in arenas right now, and you can be sure that either those three classes will see some significant buffs, or pallies will see some significant nerfs - and probably a mixture of the two.

Exorcism as an interrupt would require the use of a major glyph (which means you're sacrificing efficiency, throughput, or instant fear to get it) and would still be the weakest interrupt in the game. Think Earth/Wind Shock with triple the cooldown.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
Quote:With the stated changes, a protection paladin will have a 6 second stun on a 10 second cooldown, and four interrupts (with a glyph, and counting HoJ again as it has an interrupt component) on 30, 15, 10 and 6 second cooldowns.

Even taking the fact that protection paladins may be the lowest DPS spec in the game into consideration, there is no freaking way they'll get to keep all of the above. And if, by some misplaced blessing, they do; they still can't actually kill you (unless you're a rogue. A very, very bad rogue.)

Question is, can SoR and Judgements be dodged? AFAIK, only normal melee and HoR can be dodged/parried/blocked. This means Evasion ends up being useless for a Rogue in a fight with a Prot Pally. If a Prot Pally could keep a Rogue in close, like using HoJ when the Rogue goes to Sprint, it might be possible for a Prot Pally to kill a very good Rogue (cause a Rogue is going to be doing piddly damage against that much DR and shield blocks when the Pally can get the Rogue into his front arc).

Quote:These sound like great, big, nasty changes that will toastally make paladins OP. I'll wait and see how they actually get implemented.

Holy paladins may have OMG THROUGHPUT- they're still the weakest PVE healing class, and they're getting a huge nerf.

I guess you haven't seen some of the crit Holy Lights that Holy Pallies can throw. I've had a Holy Pally heal Taha from around 2.5k to 3k heallth up to full at 23k health with full raid buffs. With enough haste and with their talents, a Holy Pally can pull of HPS on the order of 10k+. I'd like to see the other healing classes pull that off.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:For what it's worth, I've heard every healing class try and claim this.

Absit invidia, dude. I declined to snipe your shrillness about holy paladins; reciprocating would be polite.
Quote:Question is, can SoR and Judgements be dodged? AFAIK, only normal melee and HoR can be dodged/parried/blocked.

Judgement cannot be avoided. HoR is funky, some avoidance works but it's classed as a ranged ability. ShoR cannot be avoided. Again, funky classification.

Edit: Actually, I don't remember which is melee and which is ranged, but judgement and ShoR cannot be avoided, no. I think. Maybe?

Quote:This means Evasion ends up being useless for a Rogue in a fight with a Prot Pally. If a Prot Pally could keep a Rogue in close, like using HoJ when the Rogue goes to Sprint, it might be possible for a Prot Pally to kill a very good Rogue (cause a Rogue is going to be doing piddly damage against that much DR and shield blocks when the Pally can get the Rogue into his front arc).

Okay, seriously, when has letting the paladin get you in his front arc ever been healthy for a rogue? I submit that you confused a bad rogue for a good rogue.

Quote:I guess you haven't seen some of the crit Holy Lights that Holy Pallies can throw. I've had a Holy Pally heal Taha from around 2.5k to 3k heallth up to full at 23k health with full raid buffs. With enough haste and with their talents, a Holy Pally can pull of HPS on the order of 10k+. I'd like to see the other healing classes pull that off.

Paladin vs. Druid thread GO
Quote:With the stated changes, a protection paladin will have a 6 second stun on a 10 second cooldown, and four interrupts (with a glyph, and counting HoJ again as it has an interrupt component) on 30, 15, 10 and 6 second cooldowns.

Shield of the Templar gives ShoR and Avenger's Shield a silence, not an interrupt. They're mechanically different; for instance, Kick doesn't silence. Silences are more powerful than interrupts, but they are also on diminishing returns, which interrupts aren't. Interrupts are more reliable, in other words.

PvE bosses are also usually immune to silences, but not interrupts (though some are).
Earthen Ring-EU:
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Quote:Okay, seriously, when has letting the paladin get you in his front arc ever been healthy for a rogue? I submit that you confused a bad rogue for a good rogue.

That's not a case of good Rogue/bad Rogue, that's a case of good Paladin/bad Paladin. I can get a Rogue into my front arc for when counts. A bad Paladin will have the Rogue beating on them from the back most of the time and cannot get the Rogue into their front arc much at all.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

It gladdens my heart to see nothing being done about Fury/Feral/DK burst.

I suppose it's normal that an 800 resilience warlock with soul link and a voidwalker can (sometimes) be gibbed by any two of those classes in less than the duration of an intercept stun... Not quite what I imagine when I think of "taking the RNG out of PvP".

I'd consider claims that it's an isolated event, if I haven't lost at least a dozen matches to an insta-gibbed partner, usually within the first 15 seconds of the game.
Quote:It gladdens my heart to see nothing being done about Fury/Feral/DK burst.

You realize they showed exactly zero PvP nerfs in the previews, right? In fact, the only nerfs they mentioned were not class specific (regen changes, armor changes) and because it was a buff for another class (other classes gaining +5% spell crit debuff).

You don't excite a playerbase by telling them they're getting nerfed.
Quote:You realize they showed exactly zero PvP nerfs in the previews, right? In fact, the only nerfs they mentioned were not class specific (regen changes, armor changes) and because it was a buff for another class (other classes gaining +5% spell crit debuff).

You don't excite a playerbase by telling them they're getting nerfed.

Exactly, I've already been starting to warn Affliction Warlocks that their Soul Drainecute is going bye bye. With the change coming to Soul Drain and how it works to regain shards, Soul Drain is going back to either low damage or no damage and you simply get shards based on the amount of time you channel the spell.

Quote:You don't excite a playerbase by telling them they're getting nerfed.

They are certainly exciting me when they let me know my grounding and tremor totems are getting nerfed.