*sigh*
With a few friends of mine, we decided to paint the rogue encampment gold with 1 gc everywhere. We were about halfway done, when I got a realm down message... not sure about Mikedok or Flash (you probably don't know him...) but I couldn't get back in. Fortunately, I did manage to get a few screenshots, (one had Arkaine's Valor in the middle of it all, and me saying, "Which to choose?" with a one gold coin pile highlighted... :)
While I went and saw The Two Towers again today. :P

Whatever takes your fancy . . . :huh:

*shakes head*
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
Heh, I still have screenies of doing that in D1.

Unfortunately, in D1 the 127 item drop limit made it impossible to cover the plaza in town with gold on all visible ground spaces (assuming you're standing somewhere near Cain). You could do it in a few areas though, such as near Wirt. But I would never trust that little monkey near my gold! =P

-Kasreyn
--

"As for the future, your task is not to forsee it, but to enable it."

-Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

--

I have a LiveJournal now. - feel free to post or say hi.

AIM: LordKasreyn
YIM: apiphobicoddball
The beauty of Diablo II is that you don't have to move anywhere in order to paint the ground gold. I did hate it in Diablo when you could only drop items in the 3x3 grid you happened to occupy. It made getting the most out of Spiritual Shrines an absolute bitch.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
What are you talking about? There is about a 10x10 (or something like that...) grid that stuff can be put into until you can't drop anything else. :blink:
Hmm, don't know about that. Then again, last time I tried it was in the demo, and the items kept dropping even well beyond the screen. It was certainly bigger than 10x10.

P'raps they changed it in a patch, I seem to remember some hacks around that kept dropping 1gp pieces from a point until it filled the entire area, and this would be the easiest way to fix it.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

Oh you can drop quite a bit of stuff without hitting a limit. See what Sirian did during the beta while standing at the act 2 potion vendor.
http://sirian.warpcore.org/diablo2/beta/beta-7.html
I was in the game with Obi, helping him drop the gold. There is a limit to how many things you can drop while standing in one spot. Obi's estimate of about a 10x10 grid sounds about right, but I didn't count. You can drop more after moving to an area that isn't full of drops.
USWest Hardcore Realms
Accounts: mikedok5, mikedok6
What happens when you have filled your 10x10 space (or whatever the size is) then take off your belt with a full inventory?

I have to check that when I get home :D </evil>
Ten Windys against a SoJ says that it simply won't drop. Gold won't be moved from your store and items will remain on your cursor.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,

You can still drop quite a bit as I indicated above. A little while ago in a realm game I painted the central plaza in act 2 with minor healing potions in the same way a Sirian had done with full rejuves.

Remember that as you progress out from the center that it will take 4*X items to add another increment to the size of the grid. So once you get to the poing that you have filled the ninth grip point from the character, it is going to take you 40 objects to fill the 10th, then another 44 to fill the 11th, etc. At that kind of rate it can be hard to see where evry item is dropping at and it may take a large number to see a noticeable change in the area that it covers.
In the picture above, it wasn't in this patch. :P
Well, I tried it, the belt remained in my cursor, but the extra potions *did* drop beyond the grid I had filled with gold.

The size of the grid is 15x15 btw. :)