New 1.10 item
Did I really earn that? :P This is for all my knocks about "It's a whole new game!" isn't it? ;) :D Ah well.

And Bolty, if you had truly read all my comments, you'd notice I was VERY specific about what I was complaining about. ;)

Besides, I thought it was apparent I'd dropped out of that arms race. :P Guess you'll have to find someone else to poke fun at. ;)
Roland *The Gunslinger*
Quote:Did I really earn that? :P This is for all my knocks about "It's a whole new game!" isn't it? ;) :D Ah well.

If you really think that, you don't know me too well - I've taken plenty of knocks for that article and admitted myself that Blizzard wound up proving me wrong.

Quote:And Bolty, if you had truly read all my comments, you'd notice I was VERY specific about what I was complaining about. ;)

Specific you may be, but I see that almost every post that gets written about 1.10 has a reply by you with your extremely negative opinion of it. After a while, all I personally hear is noise. As Mavfin wrote earlier, I'm writing here as a poster and not a moderator. I disagree heavily with your views on 1.10, although you have every right to post them.

Quote:Besides, I thought it was apparent I'd dropped out of that arms race. :P Guess you'll have to find someone else to poke fun at. ;)

I'm not sure what "arms race" you are referring to.

-Bolty

Edit: typos.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
...it's usually Ibuprofen and whiskey. But close enough! :D

Speaking of which (did I mention this already?), I actually picked up the modding pen yesterday and did a few more changes. I intend to have ONE more release on or before 1.10, and after that the mod will be going to 1.10.

One direction that I may be heading towards: developing two versions of the mod. One for Single Player, and one for Multiplayer. As I've said before, it truly is impossible to balance for both. And, since I don't particularly want to compromise either, I'm making plans for doing two versions. They'll share ALOT of similarities. Just that the MP version will be geared towards that sort of play, so drops, experience, monster difficulty, etc. will all be balanced for it. Single Player won't get shafted for it (if anything, MP probably will be seen as getting the shaft :P). It will just allow me more freedom in terms of balance. Especially if I ever get my Dark Tower Realm up and running. :P We shall see.

Just a few highlights:
- Experience is now halved from clvl 80 onward, and quartered from clvl 90 onward.
- Experience is now halved when your character level is +/- 6 levels and beyond the monster's level, and quartered from +/- 10 levels and beyond the monster's level.
- Completely redone Hireling stats.
- Added 27 new Rune Words.
- Lowered Minion of Destruction's chance to Smite.
Roland *The Gunslinger*
i hope it helps, again i would like to thank you for givingme the chance to play on the beta, now that i am apart of the beta group of warcraft3 i love it now i can play on the beter servers, now i just have to dl the microsoft ofice to open my email with the code sheesh
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
I am puzzled at what Blizzard is doing if you look at what your article about 1.10 discusses. The leaks to the various sites may or may not have been intentional, just as President Carter's leaks in re the B-2 may or may not have been intentional. The new ladder and the new item lists, if they are even partly true, smack of 'Pinata Busting' which may, at this point, be the only way to keep the interest level up. Hard to say, I don't understand Blizzard's fans that way that they do.

Unlike some, I have been looking forward to 1.10 for long enough that, like Mav, I too will down load it and play with it right away.

Why? I feel like it. :)

If it aint fun, I will probably not play that much. Fun is where we find it.

I made the error on another site of commenting about the 'Annihilus' charms based on rumor and misinformation (I did not at first appreciate that the charm apparently would only fit one per inventory) and so was completely confused about what balance was being addressed.

You and MavFin both have it right: we need to play it when it comes.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Although, mostly what I intend to do is tear it to pieces the second I get it. :D Uber items and other "Pinata Busting" junk can be taken out with ease. It's all the other stuff they're supposedly putting in that I want. :P But, few here are big on modding, so who can I talk to about that sort of thing? :P ALL I can do is complain about the items. ;)

And I've stopped that, Bolty. So you should be happy. :P Oh, and about my knocks on you over your Lounge Rant: take it in good humor. I'm just a jokester. If I honestly meant any malice about it, you'd know. I just can't help but laugh over it, still, and so I have to nudge you a little and remind you. Because I still find it funny. ;)

Seriously though, that's ALL I care about 1.10 for: modding. They promised us ALOT of goodies. I for one am holding them to their word on that. :P They can ruin the Realms even further all they want; I haven't been on them for a year. ;) Just give me what you promised, in terms of modding potential, and I'll be happy as a clam in the sand. :D The problem will be relearning how to mod everything. :P Not to mention converting my mod over to 1.10, AND balancing it for the new changes. YICK! I'm looking at at LEAST a month's worth of work when 1.10 comes out. Feh... Gonna be alot of sleepless nights. :P

You know, I find it ironic that days after I stop complaining, people are still ragging on me for it. :P And most of my replies, Bolty, were in direct reply to someone who was replying to me / about me. It's not like I went off and started, what, FIVE threads on the subject? :P Cut me some slack.
Roland *The Gunslinger*