Solo Guide
I'm looking for good guides for solo players that don't use Battle.net for anything. Any?
There's not much you really need to know generally to play solo. It more depends on what type of character you want to make. Are you a brand spanking newcomer to the world of diablo? If so, your best bet is to work through a time or two on your own, to get a feel for what you like. Pick a character class that appeals to you, and put at least one point in every skill to see how they work (this greatly handicaps a character planning on going to high levels and through hell difficulty, but it's the best way to learn).

If (or when) you have a little experience under your belt, look into more specific character guides to make a specific build (i.e. bowazon, arty necro, etc.). The really top quality guides you'll find will include general info on playing solo, and not just an equipment guide. The old forums here at the LL are also full of excellent info. And of course, if you can't find what you need, ask specific questions and you'll receive probably more info than you wanted to hear :).

The only general info for a solo character is to be flexible. If you want to get through all three difficulties solo, make sure you have back up plans when your primary attack is foiled. Be prepared to swap items in and out based on your situation. And most importantly, have fun and don't be afraid to try out different things.

gekko
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
When I first read your post Ithought you were Bolty (Avatar)

Beside what he said, here is some advice I can offer fo rsolo play.

Hang on to as much as you can hold...even "junk" runes and jewels, gems, any jewelry, MF gear etc etc etc. All come in useful for recipes, runewords, and such late in the game.
"Once you have tasted flight,
you will forever walk the earth with
your eyes turned skyward, for there
you have been, and there you will
always long to return."

-Leonardo da Vinci
Though potentially outdated in some cases, the best place I can recommend are the writeups for Sirian's solo play Variants. Each one contains accounts of Solo play strategies and applications of various skill. If ever there was a place for Solo Guides, it's Sirian's.

You can find the link in the Communities section.
Thank you. No, I've been playing since 1.00. I just need something to stimulate me to play again. Playing 4-10 hours a day, every day, for 6 months does that. I will post my "Tales of the Single Player", just some thoughts about my experiences. My favorite guide so far is Jonathon Spectre's Were guide. Funny and informative.