What Will Be Your First New 1.10 Character?
I for one will for sure go with either a Paladin (a Zealot) or an Arty Necro.

What is everyone else looking forward to making...?
"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellem"
[Image: Ax.gif]
And very likely a Assassin as number two, and then a Paladin.

And then, the CD goes into the box and onto a shelf. (RIGHT!)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Most likely a barb. Frenzy style.
A bowazon (what would you expect ? :P ). Depending on the synergies in the Bow tree, I would perhaps work on a build using either Immolation or Freezing Arrow with a low level for the skill in itself (to keep the mana cost in check), but high level in the synergetic (?) skills to get a high damage/low cost elemental attack.
My first character will probably be an arty necro (only golem as summoned), then an elemental druid and after that an assassin probably.

Given the fact that none of them become some cookie cutter build, I despise the cookie cutter builds... because of the WW ages I didn't touch a barbarian for more than a year and a half and even then getting him only to lvl 30 :D
"Turn the key deftly in the oiled wards, and seal the hushed casket of my soul" - John Keats, "To Sleep"
I'm leaning towards a paladin or amazon (my two favorite classes other than the sorceress). I want to try something new, like a defensive tree paladin build and see how that goes :D
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
My very first CD2 character was a polearm barbarian. I started him the day the game came out and had no clue that he would end up somewhat similar to the cookie cutter builds (swords & lances were always more popular though). With stormspire being one of the rarest drops in the game, hwainin's being a joke past nightmare, and my poor luck with cruel shopping, I kind of gave up on polearms for most of LoD.

Who knows if the elite unique polearms will be any easier to get, but in any case I'll be making a polearm barb early on for the nostalgia. Cubing a giant thresher/great poleaxe with the chip recepie will be nice because any cruel will be good enough to hit that final WW breakpoint with 3 shael's in it (assuming speed breakpoints don't change).

However, for ladder play, I may start with a Werewolf for the 'live off the land' flexibility that feral rage and hunger give. Not to mention that any half decent weapon with some IAS on it will work ok with fury. Usually I play one character until I find a 'keystone' item for some other build, and then I go start that build. Once I have a few decent items I'll start trying out some new 'synergy' characters. I'm a hopeless self-twinker... :P

Until I get a feel for the new monster AI - all my mercs NM onward will be holy freeze for a while. If the monsters are really moving/attacking faster, then slowing them down will be even more useful for defense.
1. Elemental Druid
2. Bone Spear Necro
3. "Hydradin" :P

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
WW barb or some sot of necro.

A WW barb was my all time favorite toon.

But the nerco looks fun. I like playing guy toons(ya Im probably insecure) and the necro looks like he might be finnally able to kill more than 1 monster a day. Plus I love running around with a necro yelling help.
I'm just going continue developing existing characters I think. There are a few like my Shock Paladin with numerous points left over that might have a new synergy skill to invest in. I also have a Realm character with 35 unspent points. :blink:
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I got my white wand ready to go.... Actually I am already building him up based on that one screenshot :o

Stole the name Bone-Spear on Useast too.
I'm planning on making a 2 person group with a friend of mine. We are going to make characters whose main strength is not dependent on their equipment, but more their skills(and playing technique).

I will be making an arty necro with a minor investment in curses, and he will make a minion based shockbear. These builds should be easy to survive, and quite effective in higher difficulties, even without the overpowered equipment that comes with MFing.
Necromancer.....well.....after I get the full list of synergies from my nude test-dummies on single player. (that will determine my build..which i plan to have started within 24 hours of hearing of the patch)
Chaos < Logic > Order
One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles.
One who does not know the enemy but knows himself will sometimes win, sometimes lose.
One who does not know the enemy and does not know himself will be in danger in every battle.
- Sun Tzu "The Art of War"
Not sure if I'm going to make many new chars for 1.10. I'm wondering what my Vidala Acolyte will look like, since her bow skill tree is littered with points all over it. Synergies might make her an uber-char (yeah right :D)

I wish they included something like +1 damage per level on the set if the GA+Pierce interaction is fixed *Sigh*
A SP Weredruid. I refuse to break with tradition, and I'll probably strive to do better with this one than my current SP WD Blaiddarth.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Why a Ladder MF Barb of course :lol:

The new l337 needs ITAMZ!

Seriously, being the guy that I am (with currently 12 active chars in SP) I'll start at least one char of every class. Those that don't work will be discarded later, the fun ones will race for lvl...70??...and then hit the exp nerf and retire :P

Greetings
Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
Probably a nova sorc, ladder character, MF. Question: I've heard (could be wrong) that when the ladder seasons end, your characters revert to normal expansion characters. If so, what happens to the possible "Ladder Only" uniques they may have found?
The way I understood it is that you keep the ladder items if your character is reverted to normal realm play.

God I hope they make duping impossible...
/end dream

Greetings
Nuur
"I'm a cynical optimistic realist. I have hopes. I suspect they are all in vain. I find a lot of humor in that." -Pete

I'll remember you.
If the folk at Bliz have any sense, then they'd either morph into lesser uniques, or be converted to gold, or simply vanish without a trace on reversion to ladder.

Otherwise, _______ will ___________ and ___________ will __________. (Fill in the blanks)

Edit: Damn you Nuur. *Shakes fist*
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
:P

I'll remember you.