HF - Multiplayer via IPX
Hi Guys,

perhaps somebody can help solving my problem with Hellfire multiplayer...
I wanted to switch some "uniques" to a mule-char via an IPX-game.
Therefore I've connected two PCs with a crossover-cable.
I've installed the same versions and patches/updates on both PCs
- HF V1.01
- hellfui.dll
- command.txt
The multiplayergames are displayed, but I can't join them.
Error: "Unable to join gamename" or "Unable to join game gamename"

1 PC - WinXP with installed IPX protocol - Firewall deactivated
2 PC - Win98 with installed IPX protocol - No firewall installed

Thanks for all hints
Burn.E
I wish I had real hints but I have had the same problem on my home network under almost the identical situation you have described. Maybe some kind soul will be able to help both of us.
There's really not enough to go on. Does Diablo v1.09 do IPX correctly on the LAN which fails for Hellfire? How much traffic does Ethereal record being exchanged?
burns is a really impolite player from germany.I wouldnt help him
skana,Jan 25 2006, 04:24 PM Wrote:burns is a really impolite player from germany.I wouldnt help him
[right][snapback]100076[/snapback][/right]

Offering assistance to people's problems in a forum doesn't just help to solve the problem for the original poster, but for anyone else with the same problem who reads the post.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
I've had similar problems with this and otehr games. Usually its the XP and 98 problem. Here are a few things to try that have worker (or proven that nothing will work) in the past:

1. dissable you XP firewall. It ussually stopd IPX connections without telling you.
2. Get a 98 boot disk (or XP) and use it to boot up the computer. Then they should better communicate.
3. For Hellfire, try removing the command text.

That's all I have. I'm almost totally positive that its the XP vs. 98. They really do hate to talk to each other. (XP was never easy to talk to, even among computers)
Quote:burns is a really impolite player from germany.I wouldnt help him

I strongly doubt we ever have met in a game of Diablo - because I'm playing offline. That makes 1:0 for me, I think. Oh sorry, hope that was not to unpolite for anyone.;)
Quote:I strongly doubt we ever have met in a game of Diablo - because I'm playing offline. That makes 1:0 for me, I think. Oh sorry, hope that was not to unpolite for anyone.;)

This might take the reward for longest duration between replies - ever - on the Lounge.;)
Quote:This might take the reward for longest duration between replies - ever - on the Lounge.;)

An what's my prize?
Just stopped by because of some weird PM I got. Couldn't let his replay stand for itself, you know.
I haven't played Diablo for a while, but due to this goddamn PM I got right back into it.:)
Quote:An what's my prize?
Just stopped by because of some weird PM I got. Couldn't let his replay stand for itself, you know.
I haven't played Diablo for a while, but due to this goddamn PM I got right back into it.:)

That you got right back into it! :D

<_<
Try this pdf, it MAY but not 100% guarantee it will work (doesn't work for everybody). It's of course helpfull to conect via virtual ipx, but there are some usefull network settings, which may help you.
http://diablo1.ovh.org/download/hamachi-...manual.zip