The Lurker Lounge Forums
HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Printable Version

+- The Lurker Lounge Forums (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Lurker Games (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Diablo (https://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: HF - Multiplayer via IPX (/thread-4983.html)

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Burn.E - 01-17-2006

Hi Guys,

perhaps somebody can help solving my problem with Hellfire multiplayer...
I wanted to switch some "uniques" to a mule-char via an IPX-game.
Therefore I've connected two PCs with a crossover-cable.
I've installed the same versions and patches/updates on both PCs
- HF V1.01
- hellfui.dll
- command.txt
The multiplayergames are displayed, but I can't join them.
Error: "Unable to join gamename" or "Unable to join game gamename"

1 PC - WinXP with installed IPX protocol - Firewall deactivated
2 PC - Win98 with installed IPX protocol - No firewall installed

Thanks for all hints
Burn.E

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Thenryb - 01-22-2006

I wish I had real hints but I have had the same problem on my home network under almost the identical situation you have described. Maybe some kind soul will be able to help both of us.

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - [vL]Kp - 01-22-2006

There's really not enough to go on. Does Diablo v1.09 do IPX correctly on the LAN which fails for Hellfire? How much traffic does Ethereal record being exchanged?

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - skana - 01-25-2006

burns is a really impolite player from germany.I wouldnt help him

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - LennyLen - 01-25-2006

skana,Jan 25 2006, 04:24 PM Wrote:burns is a really impolite player from germany.I wouldnt help him
[right][snapback]100076[/snapback][/right]

Offering assistance to people's problems in a forum doesn't just help to solve the problem for the original poster, but for anyone else with the same problem who reads the post.

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Brogden - 02-26-2006

I've had similar problems with this and otehr games. Usually its the XP and 98 problem. Here are a few things to try that have worker (or proven that nothing will work) in the past:

1. dissable you XP firewall. It ussually stopd IPX connections without telling you.
2. Get a 98 boot disk (or XP) and use it to boot up the computer. Then they should better communicate.
3. For Hellfire, try removing the command text.

That's all I have. I'm almost totally positive that its the XP vs. 98. They really do hate to talk to each other. (XP was never easy to talk to, even among computers)

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Burn.E - 04-01-2009

Quote:burns is a really impolite player from germany.I wouldnt help him

I strongly doubt we ever have met in a game of Diablo - because I'm playing offline. That makes 1:0 for me, I think. Oh sorry, hope that was not to unpolite for anyone.;)

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Tal - 04-01-2009

Quote:I strongly doubt we ever have met in a game of Diablo - because I'm playing offline. That makes 1:0 for me, I think. Oh sorry, hope that was not to unpolite for anyone.;)

This might take the reward for longest duration between replies - ever - on the Lounge.;)

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Burn.E - 04-02-2009

Quote:This might take the reward for longest duration between replies - ever - on the Lounge.;)

An what's my prize?
Just stopped by because of some weird PM I got. Couldn't let his replay stand for itself, you know.
I haven't played Diablo for a while, but due to this goddamn PM I got right back into it.:)

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Tal - 04-02-2009

Quote:An what's my prize?
Just stopped by because of some weird PM I got. Couldn't let his replay stand for itself, you know.
I haven't played Diablo for a while, but due to this goddamn PM I got right back into it.:)

That you got right back into it! :D

<_<

HF - Multiplayer via IPX - Model - 04-06-2009

Try this pdf, it MAY but not 100% guarantee it will work (doesn't work for everybody). It's of course helpfull to conect via virtual ipx, but there are some usefull network settings, which may help you.
http://diablo1.ovh.org/download/hamachi-hellfire-manual.zip