Hidden Shrines
Am I just unlucky or are hidden shrines more rare than other shrines? The name may imply that, but there is nothing like that in Jarulf.
Probably neither. It should be equal rarity with most of the other shrines (aside from special ones like goat shrines), but it's a pretty long list to choose from.
Quote:Probably neither. It should be equal rarity with most of the other shrines (aside from special ones like goat shrines), but it's a pretty long list to choose from.

Well then I´m off to look for more. Truth is I think I should sue those rogues (ahem, FireIceTalon) who shoot me so much that I need thousands of gold for repair after every duel.
Quote:are hidden shrines more rare than other shrines?
Only if you're looking for one.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Only if you're looking for one.

You're so right! When my warrior and rogue were looking for enchanted shrines they were next to impossible to find. Now, they're all over the place. Can you make a mod which removes that bit of code which reads your mind and makes the shrines you are looking for impossible to find?
Quote:You're so right! When my warrior and rogue were looking for enchanted shrines they were next to impossible to find. Now, they're all over the place. Can you make a mod which removes that bit of code which reads your mind and makes the shrines you are looking for impossible to find?
Well over ten years' effort has been expended trying to defeat the Murphy Generator. It's like a cockroach in a nuclear-hardened bunker: it will never go away.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
Quote:Am I just unlucky or are hidden shrines more rare than other shrines? The name may imply that, but there is nothing like that in Jarulf.

It is my personal experience that Hidden shrines are indeed the rarest of shrines. Ive done an UNBELIEVABLE amount of shrining in my time of playing d1 (anyone who has seen my collection of indestructible items will know what i mean), and in my journeys I have done small tests on this issue. It is EXTREMLY rare to find more then 1 in a game, though on one or two occasions ive found 3, and on one very very rare instance i found 4 in a game. Its also rather uncommon to find them in consecutive games. If you find 1 in say 4 games on average, id say you are doing well.

The shrines i see the most often are Magical and Mysterious. These seem to appear at least once almost every game, if not multiple times, especially Magical shrine. As someone who has done literally thousands of shrine runs, my conclusion is yes, Hiddens are a more rare shrine but I dont think their name has anything to do with this, though it is certainly fitting to their frequency (or lack thereof) in appearance. They are at the very least an uncommon shrine compared to most of the others, but im 99% sure they are the rarest.

A common myth is that Enchanted shrines are rare, but from my experience they arent that rare at all. They are in the middle somewhere: alot more common then Hidden, but certainly not as common as Magical, Mysterious, Tainted, etc. When I was doing ES runs for my warr and rogue i found them often enough that I wasnt getting too frustrated during my hunts. The hardest thing about Enchanteds is making sure they dont lower your important spells :) Hiddens are the opposite for me: they almost always work how i want them to, but trying to find them is quite tedious.
https://www.youtube.com/user/FireIceTalon

"Your very ideas are but the outgrowth of conditions of your bourgeois production and bourgeois property, just as your jurisprudence is but the will of your class, made into law for all, a will whose essential character and direction are determined by the economic conditions of the existence of your class." - Marx (addressing the bourgeois)