Just gambled a Nagel ring
On topic - what Act/Difficulty was that on? I've been playing in my spare time, and having gotten enough gold to be throwing at rings. I haven't yet seen anything unique, so I'd be interested in how long the original poster had been gambling beforehand.

On the sub-topic,
Quote:Enforcing private (and, in my view, debatable) rules on a forum which anyone can register in, is bound to create a bad impression (of arrogance and intolerance) on people whose attitude is more liberal than the administration.

I have to disagree with that. The pool at the Y has rules, both for safety (no running) and "niceness" (no swearing/shouting/etc.) Should the pool be invitation only? Or should people who use it accept when someone points out their mistake and move on?

At least there are written rules here to refer to. Many online forums (and real life cliques) are difficult on newcomers precisely because their common etiquette is ingrained and ineffable.

As far as I can tell, the whole 'disagreement' here comes from one's interpretation of the degree of difference between this topic and the Gambling Sets topic. Personally, I see both points of view - both are new things to gamble and could be discussed on the same thread, but uniques for some our a lot more interesting to gamble, and don't truely fall under 'Sets'. I'm not saying either side is more correct, but at least in this case at least their is a difference between the topics, whether it is viewed as significant or not.
I was level 62 when I did the gambling, in NM act 1, Gheed.

I have gambled several million gold as I have been selling everything I find to gamble with, as I thought that would be my best source of items (which it has been).

I would have gambled about 2 million (full inventory and stash) when I gambled the unique. The sets came up between trips, 1 set item per full inventory, so about 3 million gold there, I had only gathered a little under a million gold when I gambled the second set item.

I have since then gambled a cathans seal aswell.
Well you've been extremely lucky then. IIRC, the odds for sets are 1:10 000 and 1:100 000 for uniques.

I spent 17 500 000 GP gambling weapons with a few lvl 99 chars in Act 1 Hell. Weapons cost about 50 000 on average, so I gambled about 350 of them. None of them turned out green or gold, so my luck is leaning more towards normal I guess :) Interesting thing was that a lot of them were exceptional and elite. About 10% were elite and over 50% were exceptional. The odds for items upgrading may depend on clvl, but I gambled a little with a lvl 71 character as well, and she saw quite a few elites as well. Coupled with the new affixes available on rares, I'd say gambling is your best shot if you want a viable end-game weapon in v1.10.

I still hope the odds for gambling sets and uniques are vastly increased in the final version, since they're still far too low to make gambling a decent source of such items 1:100 for Sets and 1:1000 for Uniques I think would be enough if the odds for gambling exceptional and elite items are reduced, say to maybe 0.1% per clvl-40 and 0.05% per clvl-60. Giving a lvl 80 char a 1:100 000 chance of gambling an elite unique.
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
These figures are for the 1.09 patch

In 1.10 the figures are:
magic = 89.93%
unique = 0.02%
set = 0.07%
rare = 9.98%

So one unique ring every 5000 gambles. Patience is required!

Further information here:
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=35&t=28671

Edit: oops, sorry Dagni, cross-postitis strikes again! :)
From the AB: 1.10 Gambling

Specifically:

Hammerman:
Quote:With that, we can find the quality chances:

magic = 89.93%
unique = 0.02%
set = 0.07%
rare = 9.93%

That turns out to be 99.95%, but it seems to match completely what the game is doing. Well, it's a push in the right direction at least, hope this helped.

- Dagni

Edit: :lol: :lol: LOL!! A full day or two of nobody posting the odds, then two in less than one minute! :)
Oh, quite a bit higher odds than what I thought then. I guess 0.02% chance to gamble a unique will do. 3500 tries for a 50% chance to gamble a Twitchthroe is something I can live with, though I would rather want the old odds back, and if so, also remove the ability to gamble exceps and elites. Maybe it'd still be too powerful with the new ability to upgrade uniques :)
In my mind, my dreams are real. No one's concerned about the way I feel.
Well I just gambled a Dwarf Star, so beat that! :P
What difficulty? Which act? How many tries?
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

Act is not relevant, it is a function of character level

This post has details of your chances to get the different unique rings:
http://www.theamazonbasin.com/d2/forums/in...ST&f=35&t=29217
I see. So 1/5000 chance for a unique ring, and after level ~50 you are almost as likely to get a Dwarf Star or Raven Frost as you would a Nagel or Manald Heal. Its good to see that there not impossible odds as they were before.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]