The D1 Meet'n'Greet
Hi folks, I'm a new as new gets.
I am looking for a free version of D1 because I cant find one for sale anywhere, seriously I've been hunting flea markets and yard sales for years. I have been wanting to get into diablo sinse I played it as a kid at my cousins house, and I figured that if I could find a copy anywhere it would be here.
Quote:Hi folks, I'm a new as new gets.
I am looking for a free version of D1 because I cant find one for sale anywhere, seriously I've been hunting flea markets and yard sales for years. I have been wanting to get into diablo sinse I played it as a kid at my cousins house, and I figured that if I could find a copy anywhere it would be here.
Hi,

This is a Non Hacking/Cracking/Cheating Web site...with that said, I will help you go here & enjoy Diablo1:

Quote:eBay Auction

You are bidding on a complete Diablo Battle Chest PC game. It works with both Windows and macintosh PC's. This is complete in every way. The picture shows all of the items included in the Battle Chest. Diablo, Diablo 2, and Diablo 2 Expansion Set Lord of Destructions as well as the BradyGames Strategy Guide and manuals (and extras/please see picture)... I'm selling simply because I bought the game at my local Best Buy, found that this type of game is not my cup of tea, and here we are! This item comes in it's original box as well.

He can do more for Others, Who has done most with Himself.
Hi I've been playing diablo for years, mainly SP but recently a couple of solo MP characters. My current character is Zanglezebub, a level 34 tankmage but also have a SP hell character in the works. Looking to try more challenging variants and some co-op MP.
Greetings, all.

I've decided to end my 6-month tenure of lurking with this post. History has been made.

Quote:Hi folks, I'm a new as new gets.

Besides eBay, another viable alternative can be found at the site listed in my signature. Support a cause and play a game - two birds with one stone. What a deal.
Sir Malifuus
http://thepiratebay.org/
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Quote:another viable alternative can be found at the site listed in my signature.
The Lurker Lounge has never supported software piracy.
"What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch?"

-W.C. Fields
Quote:The Lurker Lounge has never supported software piracy.

Oh, good. Neither do I.
Sir Malifuus
Quote:Oh, good. Neither do I.
Telling people that The Pirate Bay is a viable alternative to buying a copy contradicts that statement.

-W.C. Fields
Quote:Telling people that The Pirate Bay is a viable alternative to buying a copy contradicts that statement.

Depends on your perspective, really. For instance, on weekends, I enjoy bludgeoning baby seals in the arctic. Compared with that and the pirate bay, I am really just harmlessly tracking bit torrents. Besides, being born in Sweden has it's benefits.

B)
Sir Malifuus
Quote:Depends on your perspective, really. For instance, on weekends, I enjoy bludgeoning baby seals in the arctic. Compared with that and the pirate bay, I am really just harmlessly tracking bit torrents. Besides, being born in Sweden has it's benefits.

B)

Mod note:

We do not support pirating software. Remove the link from your signature or be banned.

Only warning you will receive on this subject.
Good stuff, right there. How about putting this link in your sig? http://us.battle.net/?rhtml=y
Diablo 1 can be purchased and downloaded there.
Hi all,
I´ve been playing Diablo on and off since -98 and is mostly playing solo MP now with my lvl 34 sorcerer and lvl 27 warrior. I tried playing on B.net some years ago but I quit because of all the cheating. Lately I´ve been trying to find some active channels on B.net. I´ve also just got the Hellfire expansion..the monk is cool :D Anyway, great to see that there´s still a small community for this game. My names on B.net: Europe: Follin2, US East: Follin

Cheers,

Shapeshifter878

I'd like to get back into Diablo 1 multiplayer.
I wanted to start from scratch with a level 1 character and do a standard legit game, though if anyone wanted to do any variants like IM/BNM/LotL then we could work something out.
Would like either one or two partners, we could have a nice rounded team with one of each class, or just whatever people wanna play.
If anyone's got a free vent server we could use for things, that would be nice, otherwise I could set something up.

I'll be on the USEast Realm in the channel 'Diablo LE'. If anyone else still plays on b.net, that's the last safe refuge left.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

If anyone needs to contact me and I'm not online, just IM/e-mail meh.

AIM: darkwraith007
E-mail: darkwraith007@gmail.com
Just thought I'd link some fun pics I took recently while going through single player in nightmare difficulty with a warrior (using the well known workaround for it that involves making an MP nightmare/hell game and then choosing 'New Game' and then starting up an SP game).

Found these screens might be of interest to anyone who still lurks around here.

I never thought it was possible, but apparently Griswold is capable of selling a non-suffixed King's Sword!
I was also quite surprised to see such a good item being sold by Griswold rather then Wirt!
My semi-current setup. Basically that's an identified Gotter that I got from nightmare/hell from one of the unique succubi on 15 (the decreased light radius makes it worthwhile, and I feel that blocking magic spells works better then having resists in classic Diablo, long as my dex is high enough). Also got two Rings of Heaven, again from mobs in Nightmare/Hell, and the Amulet of Heaven from Wirt. Rounding it out is a Stormshield that Laz himself dropped on Normal/Hell, really hit the jackpot on that sweet deal. But then I get stuck with a (surprisingly good AC) glorious plate of sorcery +18. I've since replaced it with an awesome plate of the tiger (or something like that, have to double check but the suffix gives +hp). Finally rounding things out is that incredibly awesome King's Sword of Precision that I was able to buy off of Wirt for a crapton of gold (almost all the gold I'd saved up in the game up till that point). I was left utterly broke but quite happy with my purchase. The +dex gives it an extra 10-12% ToHit, I believe.
Hi

i'm playing diablo actively on USEAST server

channel Diablo LE

I have a 43 rogue Althea(LBL) that will play Hell/Hell with you

I also have lower levels/ am interested in starting fresh characters

I'm also interested in IM games

See you out there Smile
Hello, new to this forum. I love Diablo original, though I never got any character beyond level 23 or so yet.
Hello, also new to this forum. Waiting for d3 has me going back to d1 and playing again....
Hey guys im glad there are still other people than me who just play this game. i been playin this game for PSX since it came out, and i been playin the PC version weekly ever since i got the d2 battle chest. always liked d1 better.

anyways im experienced, and i know alot about the game and how it works, so if anybody wants a companion i'll be more than happy to accompany you. i have accounts on all channels, so as long as u can speak english, we're in buisiness. i just get so sick of bots, hackers, and empty channels.

right now im starting fresh tho, so if ur wantin to kill diablo on hell mode im not quite ready for that yet. i'll be there fast tho.

i can play all 3 classes to a decent extent, tho i have friendly fire issues with rouge and sorc so its best i play the warrior while in a group. just sayin that so every1 knows.

so yea, i'll be more than happy to join up with you if ur willing to play. i guess thats really all i can say at this point. i was lookin through these forums and i saw wat looks like a legit chat channel. i guess i'll give it a try, i just hope im not intruding by joining it, if its even still there.
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind
Quote:so as long as u can speak english, we're in buisiness.

Just so you know, the English language does not contain the following words: u, ur, wat, tho, every1, im, lookin, sayin, anyways. The rules of the language also state that sentences begin with capital letters, and that when you refer to yourself as I, it needs to be capitalized as well. Wink

All that aside, welcome. The Diablo LE channel on US-East is still there, and I'm sure nobody will consider you to be intruding if you pop in.

-W.C. Fields
thats good to know. & yea lol thats the "english" i picked up from playin too much soul calibur. however, i just started my new warrior today and things are already goin well, i hope to be plowin through nightmare and doin laz runs by the end of tomorrow, if everything continues to go well. and thank you for the warm welcome. Big Grin
Quote:
I can see what you see not
Vision milky, then eyes rot
When you turn they will be gone
Whispering their hidden song
Then you see what cannot be
Shadows move where light should be
Out of darkness, out of mind
Cast down into the halls of the blind
(08-05-2010, 01:24 AM)LennyLen Wrote: Just so you know, the English language does not contain the following words:...anyways.
'Anyways' is in the Oxford English Dictionary. It has been used since as early as 1794.

Edit - I edited this post at the same time that Pete responded so his quote of my comment is an accurate one. Sorry about that.