Dual Spec Feature to cost 1k gold currently
AFter thinking about it, while I'm still not happy that Gold is my preferred method of achieving dual spec, It's not as terrible as I thought. (it feels like: "Hey Paladin, I can teach you to be an even better champion of the light!. What? no, I don't need you to prove anything, I just need some gold."

I will probably going back to full clearing Stratholme. I can do the baron mount run in 15 minutes and make good money, but I can use the cloth to get my rep with horde towns, and Full Clears (and I mean leave nothing alive) can net me 22-25 stacks of runecloth, gold, 2-6 BoE Blues, Tons of greens, and every 3rd run or so a a BoE Epic.

ANother nice instance for this is reg. Ramps. I can probably full clear that place in half an hour and make 60-90g a run in cash + vendor trash.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
Quote:But, precisely because their playtime is limited, they have to make do with the situation they log in to. They can't wait around for hours for the tank to log on, or for a healer to show up, or their arena partner, or whatever. These people would get a lot of value out of flexibility, but yet aren't the full-time raider/arena types who have oodles of gold to spend.

-Jester

I'm one of those limited-playtime people anymore, with 4 nights of work/travel/take kids to school/sleep, and then 3 days that I can actually play a bit. I'm not sitting on 20K by any means, but I find 1000g for each of my two 80s to not be a big deal. Only one of those 80s has quested out up through Icecrown. The other stopped in Grizzly Hills and has ZD/Storm Peaks/Sholazar/Icecrown to finish out for cash. Oh, sure, sometimes my buddy at work gets tired of playing TF2, and lets me play WoW for a couple hours at work on his laptop, but that's not that often.

As you say, having that flexibility would be worth it. Being able to go DPS-or-heal on the shaman, or DPS-or-tank on the warrior will be worth the 1000g to me, for sure. I'll make enough questing any alts to 80 to get them this skill, too, I'm sure.
--Mav
Quote:AFter thinking about it, while I'm still not happy that Gold is my preferred method of achieving dual spec

I have to be honest I just don't get this. Unless you are respeccing multiple times a day (which maybe you are since some people do) then the only real consideration IS money. If you are respeccing multiple times a day, then 1k gold is going to made up pretty quickly.

If you don't respec that often, don't pay the 1k gold. Download two mods: Talented and Action Bar Saver. If you also need to reglyph there will be some loss of convenience since that isn't automated.
Quote:I have to be honest I just don't get this. Unless you are respeccing multiple times a day (which maybe you are since some people do) then the only real consideration IS money. If you are respeccing multiple times a day, then 1k gold is going to made up pretty quickly.

If you don't respec that often, don't pay the 1k gold. Download two mods: Talented and Action Bar Saver. If you also need to reglyph there will be some loss of convenience since that isn't automated.

It's more the idea that it's just such an easy fix. Hey let's add dual spec, and we'll just make 'em pay for it. Give me quests. I much prefer to quest and spend my money on enchants gems and the like than spend my money on a feature that will be very useful to me.
nobody ever slaughtered an entire school with a smart phone and a twitter account – they have, however, toppled governments. - Jim Wright
I dunno, I never found the quest very difficult, and I'm glad there's a bit of a learning curve to it, considering it's worth the most rep.

Your Grip drops faster and faster on its own the longer you take to get to the second phase, to the point where it basically means you WILL fall off. Jabbing drops your grip a little, stabbing drops it a lot, and dodging drops it a little. If you fell off because you were just dodging, it means you didn't keep your grip high enough, and probably took too long. The second phase is extremely easy, though a little luck-based. Did you like... not read the tooltips on the abilities, or what? :unsure:

The parachute cloak is a great thing to have in case you get dropped, though the way the terrain works, sometimes you'll die anyway - you'll touch the top of one of those long spires, your parachute will end, and you'll slide all the way down the spire to your death. But the parachute at least gives you the chance of surviving the fall.
ArrayPaladins were not meant to sit in the back of the raid staring at health bars all day, spamming heals and listening to eight different classes whine about buffs.[/quote]
The original Heavy Metal Cow™. USDA inspected, FDA approved.
If you are a Skinner...10-15 stacks of Heavy Borean Leather will net you that 1k (the market is unstable to say the least, but stack go for 80g to 140g).

I am very bad with my gold, but found that if I had s goal, I worked better at it. I had a goal recently to get my Hunter his Epic Flying and in less than a month I was able to get 6.5k for that (including mount and cold weather flying). I only mention this because I am a part time player who is notoriously bad at saving gold. If that is any help.

As far Dual Specs, I can do without. I leveled 1 of every class (other than Rogue) to at least level 58, because I wanted a choice between DPS, Heals and Tanking without having to respec. I guess I am the idiot, I should have just stuck with Druid and Dual Spec:).
Ziig (Warrior) - Ako (Hunter) - Amo (Paladin) - Ziade (Monk) - Ziag (DK)
Quote:Give me quests.

Ok now I totally understand where you're coming from--you feel like this is a boring cop out. I agree it would have been really cool to design a neat solo quest sequence to enable this -- something difficult and rewarding. Like the old priest/hunter quests... I really did enjoy getting my Benediction back then.
Quote: Like the old priest/hunter quests... I really did enjoy getting my Benediction back then.
Is it wrong that I'm still bitter that Tiga's 'epic quest' was... killing Onyxia? Or that Fragit's was... farming rep with Ravenholdt for... nothing? @#!$*(@:angry:

~Frag:lol:
Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Or that Fragit's was... farming rep with Ravenholdt for... nothing? @#!$*(@:angry:

But they like you...they REALLY like you! :whistling:
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Incoming wall of text could crit you if you are not forum defense capped.:)

Quote:Ok now I totally understand where you're coming from--you feel like this is a boring cop out. I agree it would have been really cool to design a neat solo quest sequence to enable this -- something difficult and rewarding. Like the old priest/hunter quests... I really did enjoy getting my Benediction back then.

Yes. When I did my paladin epic mount quest, I had 0 help from high levels until I got to stratholme. I did Tyr's Hand Solo, I Found groups and tanked Scholomance for my dark Runes, The whole thing. When I went to strath, I had the craziest group ever. It was all my friends. 4 tanks +ms warrior, and only one was higher than 62, and none of us had ever full clear strath before.

I know that Kaine LOVED his epic flight form quest, I know hunters on both sides of the fence on their class quest, Vor is the only priest I have ever heard talk about the benediction line. When Blizz gets an epic quest line right, it's great. When they fail to completely implement something it sucks. It feels like to avoid the 'suck' factor, they have gone with the cop out. "Pay us plx kk thx bai!"

I wouldn't even care if the quest for dual specs was group oriented. With something that major, it would be easy to find people to run the line with you. I had to shell out cash during my paladin quest, so I don't mind some gold being required, but just saying: 1k gold and you are cooler with your hybrid class, really cheapens some of the lore/story/rp of an mmorpg in my mind.

I for the record was also really irritated with the change to CWF when it became just something else you bought, and the quest was left in game but meant nothing.

I like a lot of the changes in Wotlk. I like the dailies for rep (I LOVED the SSO stuff in TBC). I love that you champion for the faction of your choosing in heroics for more rep. Love that there is this great creature war in the basin.

I hate that Gold has become the determining factor for things like dual spec and CWF. I hate that there is absolutely no lore or quests (in northrend) for naxx and Sarth. Sure, if you have done the netherwing rep, and you have read a couple of books, you understand what Sartharion is doing. But tell me, why are we going to naxx? Why are we bothering to deal with that place? Where is the lore? Sure, we all know that Naxx is a 'bad' place, and that KT needs dealt with, but I distinctly remember Fordring giving a badass speach when he gets ashbringer back saying that he is coming for arthas. Surely that would mean Kt as well? Wouldn't just 1 quest line similar to the Nightbane line in Kara have been cool? Wouldn't a rep with a faction even if it was just the fault northrend horde/alliance faction have been cool?

I'm not asking for attunement lines. I'm just asking for breadcrumb quests, or lore quests to get you there.
I'm not an RP nut or anything, but I love story. I'm one who will read the quests and see what the person has to say. I think that blizzard did a superb job with story in

Borean Tundra / coldarra (it makes SENSE to go kill Malygos after you have been to coldarra)
Dragonblight
Zul'Drak
Storm Peaks
Sholazar Basin
Icecrown

I can't comment on Fjord because the layout of the zone sucks so much I haven't quested it out yet, and Grizzly hills quests were too spread out and too disjointed for me to care. As far as instances go, You have a good idea of why you are going to:

UK
Nexus
AZN
OK
VH
DTK
Gundrak
HoS
HoL
Oculus

You have no outside motivation to go to UP from what I have seen, but it's pretty apparent at the first boss that these guys are no good.

I was the same way leveling up. If I didn't understand what was going on with an instance, I normally didn't care. It's a personal thing, it's a "enjoyment of the game thing". I can make the gold for the 1k Dual Spec fee without much hassle (I know I whined about it, but it's because I hadn't put my finger completely on the pulse of the problem yet) I just hate that it feels cheap.
Quote:Or that Fragit's was... farming rep with Ravenholdt for... nothing? @#!$*(@:angry:

You're closer to an achievement title than most folk.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Quote: But tell me, why are we going to naxx? Why are we bothering to deal with that place? Where is the lore? Sure, we all know that Naxx is a 'bad' place, and that KT needs dealt with, but I distinctly remember Fordring giving a badass speach when he gets ashbringer back saying that he is coming for arthas. Surely that would mean Kt as well? Wouldn't just 1 quest line similar to the Nightbane line in Kara have been cool? Wouldn't a rep with a faction even if it was just the fault northrend horde/alliance faction have been cool?

I remember part of the Borean line was KT raising a large army in the Plains of Nasam. I didn't pay too much attention (I'm not a major lore-hound or anything,) but wasn't there some tie in from those very early quest lines?

Quote:You have no outside motivation to go to UP from what I have seen, but it's pretty apparent at the first boss that these guys are no good.

Fjord questing explains at least a good portion of this. There is a quest line that terminates at killing the Queen that tells you a lot about what is going on with them. Arthas comes out and stops the King from going all up in your stuff, saying he needs him in Pinnacle. (Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because if he's at all confident in the King, he should just let him stomp you, then he can go to Pinnacle like 5 minutes later... And that way, Arthas could suck another soul into Frostmourne so you couldn't rez.)
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
Quote:I remember part of the Borean line was KT raising a large army in the Plains of Nasam. I didn't pay too much attention (I'm not a major lore-hound or anything,) but wasn't there some tie in from those very early quest lines?
Fjord questing explains at least a good portion of this. There is a quest line that terminates at killing the Queen that tells you a lot about what is going on with them. Arthas comes out and stops the King from going all up in your stuff, saying he needs him in Pinnacle. (Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because if he's at all confident in the King, he should just let him stomp you, then he can go to Pinnacle like 5 minutes later... And that way, Arthas could suck another soul into Frostmourne so you couldn't rez.)

True, I forgot about the scourge tank quest in my lore rant. I just wish that we were able to 'do something' in naxx besides kill '4thelewtz' and one item that starts a quest to get you into malygos.

I will have to force myself to quest out the fjord then. I have always been curious why these 15 foot tall vikings allied with arthas. Maybe this will help me understand that.

I guess my thing is, if I'm going to play a game, I want to have a reason to do something. I need to be motivated to propel the story forward. While I enjoyed Kara and it's quests in it's 'pocket' of lore, it felt disjointed to me story wise from the rest of the xpac. Mags was semi-understandable as it was a blow to Illidan's fel army, I must have missed the lore on why we were going to kill a being that was offing the black dragonflight. (if someone knows why we had to kill gruul let me know:)).

THen we get to t5 and it makes sense. Kael, Vashj, Illidan (t6), they were bad people, doing bad things that threatened Azeroth. I get it.

Hyjal? CoT? Where was the infinite flight in all this? I remember the intro quest saying that something was going on there, but you never saw anything that connected it.

Just my opinion though. I like backstory, and reasoning. But I also have hated some of what blizz has done too (i know i'm overly critical and want it my way). I wanted the blood knights to be angry, and wrenching control over the light from a very being of light. It was a very interesting idea, and I liked the angry emo crack addict beat you with a stick to get what I want ideology of the blood knights.
Quote:Fjord questing explains at least a good portion of this. There is a quest line that terminates at killing the Queen that tells you a lot about what is going on with them. Arthas comes out and stops the King from going all up in your stuff, saying he needs him in Pinnacle. (Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, because if he's at all confident in the King, he should just let him stomp you, then he can go to Pinnacle like 5 minutes later... And that way, Arthas could suck another soul into Frostmourne so you couldn't rez.)

The King was just being brought out of his hibernation state by the Queen and helpers. Recall what happens to a Vrykul when they are brought out of hibernation early or unprepared from one of the lead up quests. If Arthas didn't intervene and put him in Pinnacle, he would have been a push over since he was just coming out of the hibernation that a large number of the Vrykul were in and wasn't properly prepared.
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.
Quote:I will have to force myself to quest out the fjord then. I have always been curious why these 15 foot tall vikings allied with arthas. Maybe this will help me understand that.

The Fjord is probably my favorite zone both for visuals and for questing. If you are basing your judgement on it just off of looking at it or doing a handful of quests I recommend giving it a go.

Quote:Hyjal? CoT? Where was the infinite flight in all this? I remember the intro quest saying that something was going on there, but you never saw anything that connected it.

Mount Hyjal is the biggest lore crapfest put in the game so far. Blizzard has officially stated that it has absolutely no lore relation what-so-ever and it is just an excuse for phat lootz and for players to get to replay that setting in the MMO format.
Quote:Mount Hyjal is the biggest lore crapfest put in the game so far.
Not even close, bub!

Hardcore Diablo 1/2/3/4 & Retail/Classic WoW adventurer.
Quote:Not even close, bub!

Someone has to be the spacegoat... err scapegoat.
Conc / Concillian -- Vintage player of many games. Deadly leader of the All Pally Team (or was it Death leader?)
Terenas WoW player... while we waited for Diablo III.
And it came... and it went... and I played Hearthstone longer than Diablo III.
At least they tried explaining the Exodar.

Hyjal? Zip, zada, zilch.
Earthen Ring-EU:
Taelas -- 60 Human Protection Warrior; Shaleen -- 52 Human Retribution Paladin; Raethal -- 51 Worgen Guardian Druid; Szar -- 50 Human Fire Mage; Caethan -- 60 Human Blood Death Knight; Danee -- 41 Human Outlaw Rogue; Ainsleigh -- 52 Dark Iron Dwarf Fury Warrior; Mihena -- 44 Void Elf Affliction Warlock; Chiyan -- 41 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk; Threkk -- 40 Orc Fury Warrior; Alliera -- 41 Night Elf Havoc Demon Hunter;
Darkmoon Faire-EU:
Sieon -- 45 Blood Elf Retribution Paladin; Kuaryo -- 51 Pandaren Brewmaster Monk
Quote:You're closer to an achievement title than most folk.
This is my new mission in life.

Seriously.*

-Bolty

*Any assistance anyone can provide in terms of Heavy Junkboxes, Librams of Protection/Focus/Rapidity, Darkmoon decks, and Pristine Black Diamonds is appreciated. I had already been working on these reps for a while, but now I have a REASON to.
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Quote:Not even close, bub!

You might not like the retcon done with Draenai or the lore that was crafted for them, but the lore is there. Mount Hyjal has been openly admitted to be nothing more than a loot pinata with no connection to anything going on in the game in general or the Caverns of Time specifically.