1.10 is Pack rat hell
The changes we are seeing in 1.10:

all runes upgradeable
more cube recipes requiring gems of differing qualities
upgradeable uniques
items disappearing on ground quicker

Are a D2 Pack rat's nightmare, especially in single player.

I only have 8 free storage slots on my char, everything else is full. The stash and cube are full of runes,gems, jewels and weapons that could potentially be useful either to upgrade or in a cude recipe.

What I would have liked to seen as part of 1.10 is an increase in stash size. Something along the lines of an addtional stash tab per difficulty level. This would be a real reward for completing the level, instead of a useless title ( keep the useless title if you want ).

It would make us pack rats much happier.
Some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything but you just can't help but smile when you see them tumble down the stairs.

That won't matter. Folks will figure out how to mule.

SP: there is anther thread on this board that discusses how to "Self Mule" in SP by opening a second instance of Diablo II via the "game.exe" file. IIRC, there is a "utility" necessary.

If you have even one friend, Open Bnet and TCP/IP games will allow you to mule away if you so desire.

As for me, I enjoy having to make the decision: what to keep, what not to, before I close down a session.

My one disappointment in the Town Vacuum Cleaner is that in many of the coop games we play, we just dump stuff in town and all sort it out later. The new vacuum cleaner will force us to more frequently as folks "do you want this . . ." as we did this weekend. It forces folks to make a decsion. :) Something else will always drop. :)
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I used to hold onto every single Rare that I came across. I was always afraid that a mod on one of my swords would come in handy somewhere, sometime later in the game. At that time, I'd classify myself as a Pack Rat.

Extra stash per difficulty level is a great idea!

After running out of stash very quickly, I realized that Diablo and Diablo II are basically games based on decisions.
You are challenged with deciding on how to allocate your Skill points
You are challenged with deciding on how to allocate your Stat points.
...and you are challenged with deciding on which items to keep, and which items get cashed in for gold.

Kudos to Blizzard for giving us more choices, especially more difficult choices, with 1.10.
- Ace 777
Check Out: NJ DeMolay

[Image: knight_left.gif]
yep, though this isn't anything new, the stash has always been way too small. If they'd just give us a gem/rune bag....
That is a great idea. A 1 slot little bag as a quest reward that can only hold gems and runes. You could code it simply to allow for zero - N of each type and quality of gem, and the same for each type of rune. A byte per type would allow for up to 255 of each type/quality... More than enough space. You could even have it Autotransmute if you put in too many of the same type.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

It is a bit amusing that 8 chipped gems take up the same amount of room as a Bonesnap.
<_<

But, compared to D1, we're still living in a veritable paradise of reasonably-limited space options.

Patriarch K-Chipped, Slayer K2-Flawed, and Champion K4-Flawless have enjoyed a long, esteemed career on my accounts... holding the heroes' stuff. Hey, even Hercules had an armor-bearer.
:lol:
Quote:SP: there is anther thread on this board that discusses how to "Self Mule" in SP by opening a second instance of Diablo II via the "game.exe" file. IIRC, there is a "utility" necessary.

It depends. If you have windows XP, or any version of windows that allows user-switching, it doesn't require anything further.

Pinow (or anyone), if you need someone to host a TCP/IP game for you, just drop me an e-mail. I don't have broadband, but 56k is fine for this sort of work.
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
pjnow,Jul 21 2003, 05:54 PM Wrote:I only have 8 free storage slots on my char, everything else is full.&nbsp; The stash and cube are full of runes,gems, jewels and weapons that could potentially be useful either to upgrade or in a cude recipe.
Simple Solution: Make more accounts. And, you know that there will be a second global storage for all accounts? So what you do is - XFER REALLY REALLY FAST (all that you want) to your mule account. Then, you can use the Global Storage to arrange it without dropping a simple item.
As pack rats go, my typical setup used to be a full inventory with Horadric Cube included, full stash and nearly full cube with about a 50% - 60% chance of something saved on the mouse pointer. :unsure: I've been getting rid of some of the less essential 'mouse pointer items', now but even so, once the gems and runes are in the stash, there's vitually no room left for any trading items. I might keep a String of Ears, but a Bonesnap would be just too damn big.

Sometime during early 1.09, or maybe even 1.08, I mentally conjured up what I thought would be a practical stash size without getting too ridiculous in my wishful thinking, and came to the conclusion that the stash then was exactly 2/3 the size that I thought it should be. Now the situation is even worse. :(

I like the tab idea and the gem pouch. I hadn't thought of either of those before, but now that I read them, I'd say that roling them into one for a gem/rune/jewel tab in the stash would be about right for storage needs.

And that stupid item removing feature can get lot too. "Poison was the cure" failed before and it rears it's ugly head again with that feature. <_<

One can dream. :(
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
I think everyone would love to see a larger stash, as a treasure hunting game, d2 fails in it's loot holding aspects.

I actually bought a second copy of the game, and hooked up a shared internet connection with a laptop at home just so I could mule safely, I guess I'll be doing this alot more often now, but having a mule game always open whilst you play your real character helps in keeping your stash free of gems and items for your other characters.
I would love to see a FULL SCREEN STASH. That would kick ass.
Gem/rune bag is a brilliant freaking idea. Someone start a petition or something, or at least post the idea in the spawning pool... I mean, the b.net forums.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
I see only one problem.... How do you make a serious quest for the lost Horadric Swag Bag?
"Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet. He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath. This made him .... (Oh, man, this is so bad, it's good).....A super-calloused fragile mystic hexed by halitosis."
ROFL. :D Maybe it could be an additional Malah reward. "Here. Take my purse deary, you look a little encumbered with all those gems and runes."
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

The problem with Jewels in "Malah's Purse" is that they are each pretty unique and so do not stack.

...quest for the lost Horadric Swag Bag...

Easy, make the NM and Hell rewards for A2Q2 (Cube) actually DO something.

I suggested a larger cube in each difficulty level, that is, a 4x4 cube for NM and a 4x5 cube for Hell. Besides giving more storage, it would mean that you could have some cube recipes that could only be used by a character that completed the quest.

Another "no reward" quest is the Countess (A1Q4). Maybe a bag to store all the loot you got from the Countess. There are a number of quests that give no particular reward.

-rcv-
As to Jewels, nobody said anything about a jewel bag. Just Runes and Gems, all of which have absolutely no variance to them.

Countess does drop runes. She doesn't count as a no-reward quest. The Cube, however, does. NM Cube dropping a gem bag and Hell Cube dropping a rune bag makes most sense.

The only other real no-reward quests are blood raven and rescuing the barbarians (ralorttal for ALL THREE difficulties?), but both get you mercs from that difficulty, so it doesn't really count.

The gidbin is, of course, a no-reward quest, but it's worthless on all difficulty levels. =O)

Man, I'm really for this idea now =O)
Great truths are worth repeating:

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
For serious, Malah can keep her stupid "personalize" reward and give me a little sack for my chippies and Els

or let you mug Geglash and take the sack off him, at least then he'd be useful
Wrathraven,Jul 22 2003, 01:02 AM Wrote:For serious, Malah can keep her stupid "personalize" reward and give me a little sack for my chippies and Els
that would be anya ;)
That's what the world event really is! The search for Geglash's whiskey coverer paper bag thingy! :rolleyes: