1.10 is Pack rat hell
Actually, Ormus gives you a ring when you return the Gibdinn.
Anya. Not Malah.
"This magic ring does me no good." :lol:

-Griselda
Why can't we all just get along

--Pete
Dyntheos,Jul 22 2003, 04:09 AM Wrote:
Wrathraven,Jul 22 2003, 01:02 AM Wrote:For serious, Malah can keep her stupid "personalize" reward and give me a little sack for my chippies and Els
that would be anya ;)
oh well, both of them annoy me to no end
Even in 1.09 the only sure-fire always-safe way of transferring stuff was to have someone hold it (or use a second character to hold it on a second computer)

If it hit the ground it was at some risk

It now seems about 5 mins for white/grey items and a little longer for blues and a little longer for rares etc

It's becoming quite a regular feature of our tcp/ip games to comment "blues have gone", as our conscientiously displayed collection of items dropped by the stash suffers the ravages of the new timer.

I think for co-op play two main things should be communicated early: 1) a vague understanding of other people's desired kit and their build. If someone has a Nec you should know if you're ok to sell the +2 Teeth wand without asking
2) to tell people what you are looking for

In no-twink co-op everyone needs items and gold. One way that makes sense to me is to freely sell blue and white stuff unless it seems like it might go with someone's build and to drop rares or better in town for people to glance at, breaking every now and then to make sure everything either finds a home or gets sold. Gems should be stashed, we've generally stashed them if we picked them up and sung out if we need a particular type. Getting the cube is a good moment to pool all your gems and runes and cube it all up then split it

The AB is working on something official that might be of interest to people outside of the AB wanting workable co-op item-sharing guidelines. Should be available soon :)
Wrathraven,Jul 22 2003, 01:02 AM Wrote:or let you mug Geglash and take the sack off him, at least then he'd be useful
Just mug him and take him along as a pack mule. Of course you would have to visit the tavern or Lysander's/Alkor's liquor store on a regular basis to keep him fueled.
I would suggest not feeding him, so he keeps out of gas. Or maybe not; Geglash casting poison nova after eating beans...

Hopefully someone from Blizzard reads this (about the gem bag, not Geglash). It will definetely not happen for D2, but maybe this will be a feature in D3 (if 1.10 ever gets finished, that is).

"Hey, I found a Huge Bag of Carrying A Crapload Of Stuff. Now I can get rid of the Ridiculously Small Bag of Annoying Me To No End."
"Ignoring is also a kind of understanding." - Christian Mai
Quote:I would love to see a FULL SCREEN STASH. That would kick ass.

How would see what items to put into it?

And on the subject of larger stash sizes and bags, I've got three words for you:

Bag of Holding

Three cheers for Roleplayers! :D
----
"To be is to do - Socrates. To do is to be - Jean-Paul Sartre. Do be do be do - Frank Sinatra." - Kurt Vonnegut
Quote:How do you make a serious quest for the lost Horadric Swag Bag?

There are plenty of quests with no real reward. Hell, Act 2 is essentially *rewardless!* Quest #2 reward is... quest items. (LAME!) The reward for Tainted Sun is... one of the same damn quest items you already needed to find for quest #2. (Oh, and the sun comes out again. Big deal -- you'll only be outside again for Canyon anyway.) The Summoner is basically a superunique; no special reward there. Horazon's Journal gives you the correct tomb symbol. Big freaking deal.

In A3, Khalim's Giblets and the Council have the *same* reward: progression into the durance. Yawn.

"The Lost Horadric Swag Bag" (excellent name, btw) would be an apt reward for any of those. Better yet, make three bags. Normal bag holds gems and jewels. Nightmare bag holds runes. And Hell diff gets you the Lost Horadric Colostomy Bag. :)

[o: *LEMMING* :o]
Some pretty funny replies here so far ;) Anyway, as far as muling in SP is concerned, there is the dll method to consider. However, I'm almost finished upgrading my muling program ATMA ( www.luminatrix.com/ATMA ) to 1.10 and will probably have a beta release once I figure out the one last thing that is eluding me. I tried posting on The Phrozen Keep forums but apparently no-one has the time to look into it yet. :(

--T
For Gris:

I just got one that features, among other things, + 57 AR, 28% Lightning Resistance, +5 life regen, and 6% Fire Resistance in (Normal Diff). One of the best Ormus ever game me.

Maybe 1.10 rings will be a touch less worthless, or is this just a tease? :o
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
I'd settle for just making runes and gems stackable. That would solve most of my stash problems.

-DarkCrown
Now that I think about it, an actual hoardric swag bag might be a bit too exploitable, what with being able to drop it and all.

It'd be best if it were handled like gold in the stash, and if it were simply activated by the quest. NM cube for gems "Lost Horadric Swag Bag", Hell cube for runes "Lost Horadric Dictionary w/ Thesaurus". Maxes would have to be reasonably low, to keep it from being the end-all bag.

Pull out or stick in stash one at a time, drop down menu to select which one you want pulled out.

We really need to raise a fuss about this. Considering the buggy state of the patch, they could probably tack this on while they're still working out bugs.
Great truths are worth repeating:

"It is better to live in the corner of a roof
Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 21:9

Than in a house shared with a contentious woman." -Proverbs 25:24
DarkCrown,Jul 22 2003, 06:37 PM Wrote:I'd settle for just making runes and gems stackable. That would solve most of my stash problems.

-DarkCrown
Ah, but how would you UNSTACK them?

Well, some of us in Everquest would park lore/norent items on our corpses to save them across sessions. If I understand correctly, the non-hardcore first corpse saves across games rule for v1.10, with additional corpses still lootable. So it seems possible to use an artificial corpse as long term storage (with as much as 51 slots worth of equiped stuff, right?).

I suspect if you only create such a store in normal difficulty you avoid the xp penalty (which could be avoided also in nm/hell if you've just leveled up) even if you're then carrying the store around in nm/hell.

Obviously accessing the store less than all at once is not terribly convenient. OTOH you definitely have what you might need in the way of equipment space for a corpse recovery run.

Indeed I should mention that a friend of mine caused me to realize that you could potentially deliberately create xp corpses to enable you to level up in a future battle in order to trigger those unique jewel on-level-up effects [e.g. could leave corpses near Diablo before triggering him then "loot" the corpse(s) for a level up effect to roast him]. If a corpse only forms if you are not nude then a potion or other stackable might be a good choice for the looting (because you won't be naked when you loot and you want to disolve the corpse without needing a lot of inventory room open).

Of course, if they would just add a bunch of isolated 1x1 slots off to the side in the stash that would make a lot more sense.

I wonder, since they apparently tagged quest items with their norm/nm/hell difficulty in this patch, if it would be possible to [mod the game] to have three horadric cubes?
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Having them break apart when they hit the ground would work - though it would be slightly inconvenient.

Having a right click that let you pick them off one at a time would be nicer.
But we're dreaming here. I doubt it will be changed.

-DarkCrown
Hi,

Just set it up so that if you right click a stack, a dialog "box" like the one for cash comes up. You type in a number, that number stays on your cursor, the rest go back into your inventory. Just one of many ways it could be done.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

Hi,

Stack gems, jewels, runes, rings and amulets. Figure half a dagger as the minimum for one slots, so that should be about 10 gems or runes, 5 rings, jewels or amulets. Yes, that would help a bunch.

--Pete

How big was the aquarium in Noah's ark?

GenericKen,Jul 23 2003, 08:59 AM Wrote:Now that I think about it, an actual hoardric swag bag might be a bit too exploitable, what with being able to drop it and all.
It depends on how such a feature might be implemented. Personally I'd be happier to see the stash get modified, but if the idea of a belt pouch/swag bag or whatever were to make it to the game, you can bet it would work like belts do now: Pick it up, equip it, then fill it with the 1 slot items it would be designed to carry.

I can imagine such a bag being droppable and watching gems spill to the ground. I can also imagine it suffering durability loss in combat and our buff Barbarian friend Larzuk becoming a part time seamstress to keep it from spilling gems on the ground . . . B)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War
You see War, all that stuff is too involved. Suddenly everybody and their mother will fill their mules with gems bags. Or heck, they wouldn't have to. One universal gem bag'd be enough without a filled limit.

I'm thinkin two simple 1x1 slots in the stash would work out fine. Drag into it to place gems in the bag, select what you want out of the bag from a dropdown, and that'll be the default gem/rune that appears in the 1x1 slot (so it'll show up after each rune is pulled out till they're gone).

Though this might be a problem for generating new ids for duped runes. Anyone know if runes use ids?

GenericKen,Jul 22 2003, 07:57 PM Wrote:You see War, all that stuff is too involved. Suddenly everybody and their mother will fill their mules with gems bags. Or heck, they wouldn't have to. One universal gem bag'd be enough without a filled limit.
Make it similar to the cube. You can only have one on your character and limit its size so that you can't just keep dropping stuff in it. Something on the order of 1.5 times the original (D2C) stash?

That would be large enough to set a sizable amount of runes and gems aside, but still small enough that some item management is needed.
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?