Delirium
In the new runeword 'Delirium' the first effect listed is '1% Chance To Cast Level 50 Delirium When Struck
' Just what is this Delirium skill, and what effects does it have at level 50?
It temporarily changes you into an undead stygian doll. I believe you can fight a bit better that way, but you can't use all your skills in that form.
Yup. You only have the basic attack, but the damage is very high, at least double, maybe triple- I haven't checked exactly, but my Act2 Merc does almost 4,000 damage. Chance to cast skills on equipment still works, so the 33% Confuse on the hat keeps the crowds under control. The 20% Poison Nova on Breath of the Dying also continues to work, which gives a nice AoE attack and keeps monster regen down.

It is annoying when it hits at the wrong time, though. :) Like when your Valkyrie has just gotten killed, and you need to re-cast.

-rcv-
i've had delirium trigger when i was at hell diablo, in the middle of a mob in city of the damned, it seems to happen at the worst times lol.
Does Delirium work on mercs? I wonder how it would interact with the various mercs in the game. Will the Rogue turn into a melee fighter? Do the A2 Town Guards keep their aura? What about the A3 Mages? Can the A5 Barbarians still use Stun and Bash?
rogues would become a melle fighter, but i dont htink they will engage because of their AI, i think a2 mercs will lose auras, but not sure, sorcerors will not be able to cast, babrs will use norm attack, if their AI actually lets them use normal attack.
I've only checked Act2 Mercs, but they DO keep their aura.

As a side-note, Delirium can almost be seen as a "curse" on the item. At 1%, it doesn't trigger enough to be able to play with it in mind, and it is a PITA most of the time when it DOES trigger. Without the Delirium stat, the Delirium Runeword would be a bit TOO uber. As it is, I feel that it may be the best hat in the game.

-rcv-