Interesting rumor about Venom from Bnet
Ah, pre-bnet asia... then the arguments post bnet asia that the koreans (and why not the Ockers/kiwis) should all go to the asia server.
Early bnet aisa, which was basically one big crash after another, so US West became AsiaNet East, but that was long ago, and you had to live through it, unlucky you.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
As an Australian there is an entire lexicon of racist terms to describe the Aboriginal people of Australia. I could but will not list the offensive ones. The term "black-fella" however seems to come close to the defensive position adopted by ignatz in regards to nigga- a term I was unfamiliar with. (If you want a brutal literary example of the word nigger in all its complex dark history check out Faulkner's Light In August.) Any way, it is common useage by "black-fella's" several of whom I have had close frienships while working for the government and is used frequently by them in self-referential ways and also at times derogatory ways.Popular culture such as the music produced by indigenous Australians often uses the term as well as white-fella. But overall it is a much more benign term then nigga or nigger. Well what does this contribute to the debate. Nothing probably.
But there is some cross-cultural grist for all you erudite ones. Man you never get this type of discussion on D2net.