Just another question
Related Question: Having only my level 32 Slayer FrostHarpy on USWest, i wonder if it is possible that hell monsters are immune to physical, fire, and cold.

Non related question: Also, I also want to ask where you got your nice pictures for your avatars and how you set them as avatars.

Related Question: I now have 5 points in Frozen Orb, 14 points in Ice Blast, 4 points in Fire Wall and a Barbarian Merc with HellPlague (meph was such a nice person... er... demon). Could you help me rate this character?
Pirate 1: We've come to the edge of the world!!!
Pirate 2: Pay up, it's flat.
-- Sinbad, Legend of the Seven Seas
Monsters can't have more than two immunities. If you deal three different types of damage, you're theoretically able to kill every monster you encounter.

Avatars are set under My Controls (at the top of the page) -> Edit Avatar Settings.
And the days are not full enough
And the nights are not full enough
And life slips by like a field mouse
____________.Not shaking the grass.
-- Ezra Pound, "And the days are not full enough"
Related Awnser: Very much so.rule of thumb (no offense, feminazis) is that everything is immune to something, but lightning/fire/poison seem most common.(and magic damage least common)

Non related Awnser: There are sites where you can download them, but thats a bit of a hassle.just goto google and do an advanced image search on <insert avatars topic here>
Then, when you find something you like, right click>save as.. or right click>properties>copy paste the pictures URL, then while on this here forum, goto My Controls>Avatar and the rest is pretty straight forward.
Remember avatars have a size limit of 75 x 75 and 10kb (i think)

Related Awnser: Heh, the first week of D2 i didn't have a clue how to use skill points.my barbarian ended up with 7 sword mastery, 2 mace mastery, 11(?) axe mastery and bash maxed.Don't be discouraged though, there is nothing wrong with iceblast. ;) just pump firewall and later frozen orb, then add some more to fire mastery.
"A witty saying proves nothing." -- Voltaire
1. Why the disclaimer to feminazis over the term "rule of thumb?" Women and men have thumbs, so it is a universal reference, right?

2. Would you please do us all favor and start use proper formatting in your posts? For example, please use a space and subsequent capitalization after you end a sentence with a period/fullstop? Doing so shows a courtesy to your readers, which is all of us. Thanks in advance.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Regular (i.e. non boss) monsters in Hell difficulty always have at least one immunity (pick from fire, lightning, cold, poison, physical, and magic), and very small selection fo them have two (e.g. Gloams are lightning and poison immune). There are no regular monsters that are naturally immune two elements out of physical, fire, and cold.

There is a different story to be told about unique monsters however. These will quite regularly spawn with dual immunities, and triple immunes are not unheard of. You should worry too much about triple immunes though. They aren't very common, and you can always park them if necessary.

As far as your skill point ditribution goes, you're doing pretty well for a new player already. Concentrate on Fire Wall and Frozen Orb as suggested above (with some investments into Fire Mastery of course) and you'll do just fine. I would probably max out Fire Wall first, work on Fire Mastery, then max out Frozen Orb too. You can put an occassional point or two into Frozen Orb or Ice Blast to keep their chill/freeze duration at an acceptable level in Nightmare and Hell of course. Also try to put Ice Blast on your left click so you can spam that while you wait for the Fire Wall and Frozen Orb timers to expire. An Ice Blast and Fire Wall combo is actually quite useful if you aren't facing a monster immune to either elements.

While you're playing with Fire Wall, try to practice casting it to your side so the flames that normally extend to your left and right now run straight towards your enemy. This is the pinnacle state of Fire Wall casting, and it's much easier said than done. Don't give up and it'll keep you entertained for hours ;)
Quote:Why the disclaimer to feminazis over the term "rule of thumb?"

Answer is Here
"Yog-Sothoth is the key to the gate, whereby the spheres meet. Man rules now where They ruled once, but after summer is winter, and after winter summer. They wait patient and potent, for here shall They reign again."
- Abdul Alhazred

Warcraft characters
Stormrage:
- Naphta, 70 Warlock, 350 goblin engineer
- Xinth, 60 Warrior
Terenas
- Nezeramontias, 33 priest
- Boulderan, 13 shaman
Quoting myself here from another post:

Quote:Let me play the foreigner card: English is my third language! please, be gentle!&nbsp;
I hope my english skills are good enough for people to roughly understand what i'm saying...&nbsp;
Atleast i don't use internet elite-speak or abbreviations like "WTF, LOL, LMAO" etcetera etcetera.

I get loads of remarks about my english skills, i myself honestly don't think its that bad. .
And the only way grammar and punctuation can improve is by reading and writing allot. ;)
"A witty saying proves nothing." -- Voltaire
protoshoggoth,Aug 29 2003, 03:55 PM Wrote:Answer is Here
Wow, you learn something new every day. I never even thought about where "rule of thumb" came from!

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.
Off topic, but if you like reading about all sorts of trivia, The Straight Dope is one of many interesting sites you can visit on the web. I remember they had a "rule of thumb" article somewhere in their database too.
This phrase has been used for a very long time, certainly since long before I was born, to refer to, in non-Stupidese, a generally agreed upon rule or custom, with the connotation of wisdom thrown in.

I am not in the least bit surprised that the idiots who have taken recent feminism in the fruitless direction of hatemongering are more than pleased to perpetrate falsehood and bad semantics. It being a political movement, truth has no meaning, and when one 'controls the language' one can now and again win a debate with dupes and sheep.

For fine example of a contextual use of that term: (Best sung loud after a few pints of Guinness, Ale or Grog.)

1. Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

The mate was fixed by the bosun's pike
The bosun brained with a marlinspike
And cookey's throat was marked belike
It had been gripped by fingers ten;
And there they lay, all good dead men
Like break o'day in a boozing ken

2. Fifteen men of the whole ship's list
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Dead and be damned and the rest gone whist!
The skipper lay with his nob in gore
Where the scullion's axe his cheek had shore
And the scullion he was stabbed times four
And there they lay, and the soggy skies
Dripped down in up-staring eyes
In murk sunset and foul sunrise

3. Fifteen men of 'em stiff and stark
Ten of the crew had the murder mark!
Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
Or a yawing hole in a battered head
And the scuppers' glut with a rotting red
And there they lay, aye, damn my eyes
Looking up at paradise
All souls bound just contrawise

4. Fifteen men of 'em good and true
Ev'ry man jack could ha' sailed with Old Pew,
There was chest on chest of Spanish gold
With a ton of plate in the middle hold
And the cabins riot of stuff untold,
And they lay there that took the plum
With sightless glare and their lips struck dumb
While we shared all by the rule of thumb, (what wife beating?)

5. More was seen through a sternlight screen
Chartings undoubt where a woman had been
'Twas a flimsy shift on a bunker cot
With a dirk slit sheer through the bosom spot
And the lace stiff dry in a purplish blot
Oh was she wench or some shudderin' maid
That dared the knife and took the blade
By God! she had stuff for a plucky jade

6. Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
We wrapped 'em all in a mains'l tight
With twice ten turns of a hawser's bight
And we heaved 'em over and out of sight,
With a Yo-Heave-Ho! and a fare-you-well
And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell
Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell,
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete