notes on v1.10 (beta) Assassin Blade skills
Zath,Oct 7 2003, 10:21 PM Wrote:Ruvanal:

Isn't the conversion factor 1 yard = 2/3 tiles, such that 30 tiles would be equal to 20 yards? I've always interpreted that minimum range as the minimum distance Diablo's lightning attack will reach regardless of other modifiers. Even if we ignore the conversion factor, I think you would have to be a lot closer than 5 yards to avoid Diablo's lightning attack.
Arrgh... my error in not realizing that this was being used in the same manner as the minimum dist of WarpDist in levels.txt. This would be IF deltaX^2+deltaY^2<mindist THEN do not apply damage. In this case the safe distance would be SQRT(30)~5.5 tiles. With a character being 2x2 tiles and Diablo 3x3 tiles (measure from his center) the myopic damage zone will be in tight against him.

Quote:This of course, still leaves us with the question of what the significance of NextHit=0 with NextDelay!=0 is <_< Maybe NextHit just determines how often a missile will check for a hit? A combination of NextHit=0 and NextDelay!=0 would then imply the NextDelay check is not performed until the frame in which a hit or mutiple hits has occured passes? (i.e. you can hit a target multiple times in one frame, after which the NextDelay limit is applied)

This does not fit with having NextHit=0 with NextDelay=150 (6 sec) and still being able to continuously damage the monsters.
Ruvanal,Oct 8 2003, 03:57 AM Wrote:This does not fit with having NextHit=0 with NextDelay=150 (6 sec) and still being able to continuously damage the monsters.
I probably should also have mentioned earlier that I did a test with NextHit = 25 and NextDelay = 1 and didn't notice missiles missing. I wasn't thorough, but I would not be at all surprised if NextHit is always 1 or blank because it is just a boolean flag.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
Very interesting finding. Nice one, Crystalion.
You might already know, some info on missiles.txt, here.
pmpch,Oct 12 2003, 12:07 PM Wrote:You might already know, some info on missiles.txt, here.
Yes, I do lurk the PK, but thanks.

My current test character uses Blade Sentinel (with the Horadric Malus, no less :) ) and thinking over the previous PvM and PvP tests I've done with it (and the unanswered question of how its AR works) it suddenly struck me that the results I'm seeing are fairly similar to ITD (i.e. bosses and uniques hardly ever get hit, most everything else seems to get hit if contacted, within the limits of NextDelay, of course--this would also explain lots of PvP testing misses as ITD doesn't work PvP, iirc). Naturally ITD doesn't negate the clvl vs. mlvl, and that seems to fit in with my observations also.

Probably I'm just very tired and this is an obviously wrong thought. In any event, I'll run some tests to probe the idea tomorrow night.
"He's got demons? Cool!" -- Gonzo, Muppet Treasure Island

"Proto-matter... an unstable substance which every ethical scientist in the galaxy has denounced as dangerously unpredictable." -- Saavik, Star Trek III

"Mom! Dad! It's evil! Don't touch it!" -- Kevin, Time Bandits
size 2 units (such as players) occupy a cross (5 squares).

size 3 units (diablo) occupy a square (9 squares).
RE starting length: There's an activate column in missiles.txt, this seems to be (can't test, need sleep) how far untill the missile will be activated. FoH's bolts have this, but not Diablo's pink lightning.
Is the first charge of Claws of Thunder (the single-target lightning damage) one of the NextDelay victims? "lightning charge up nova" sounds like a candidate, if only because "clawsofthundernova" is already present.

The slightly larger issue is that I'm trying to find out if the damage from the first and second charges of Claws of Thunder will stack on the target. And the same with Blades of Ice as well.