Immunity to Poison!
I just Killed Hephasto the Armorer, and guess what he dropped... (Aside from a load of useless minor healing potions)

Circlet of Defiance
16% enhanced defense
required level 20
defence 48
Poison length reduced by 75% !!!

I have a ring that reduces PL by 25% in my private stash.
I can now be immune to poison!
The cap for players is 75% (source). So, in normal, the extra 25% is lost. In addition, it shares the -40/-100 penalty that resistances have. In hell, you'd need a total of poison length reduced by 175% to even hit the cap.
Close, but not quite. A length reduction of 100% means that you take exactly 1 frame worth of damage from any poison attack. While this is quite enough for most attacks, you will still take noticable poison damage from poison clouds (released by traps, for example, or by killing some Zombie-type monsters). That's because standing in the cloud poisons you every frame, and so functionally it's the same as having 0% length reduction - until you step out of the cloud.
Hmm, I could have sworn that was how it worked, but I suppose I'll bow to the superior knowledge.
Wrong. Time reduction items are stacked multiplicatively, not additively. So, if you equipped both items, the actual duration would be 18.5% of the normal time, or a 82.5% reduction. (.25 * .75).

Not sure about the cap though, so hmmm
BANANAMAN SEZ: SHUT UP LADIES. THERE IS ENOF BANANA TO GO AROUND. TOOT!
Dozer, you should stay with the reply that adeyke listed. That is how the games internal coding handles those things, not what you are listing. It is not all that hard to test it either if you bother to try.
Sorry to be off topic, but I think it's hilarious that Swordazon's member number is "1337"

:)
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
Well the only way to find out for sure is to test it. I'm going to put on my ring and enter Diablo's palace. There should be Abyss Knights who hurl poison rays at you. We'll see.

And Pren,...what's with the number??? :huh:
SwordAzon,Sep 16 2003, 11:55 AM Wrote:And Pren,...what's with the number??? :huh:
1337 is elite speak - you can read more about it here
normal people
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Ok, here's how I think it works (my theory).

There is a difference between 'Resistance to poison' and 'Reduce poison length'

Every time I'm hit by a poison blast (like the abyss knights in Diablo's sanctuary, for example) , I take damage only from the initial contact of the blast. But I noticed there is practically ZERO extended damage.
( meaning: I turn green for only a split second.)
Sometimes, there is a bug. I turn green and stay that way for 5 minutes, but I'm not losing any hit points ( and no, it's not because of my regeneration amulet. I took that off)

I'd say the only way you can be totally immune to poison is to have Poison Resistance = 100 % (which is impossible, because I think 75% is the max in Normal).

By the way I killed Diablo and I didn't get any Uniques. :angry:
75% is the max in all difficulties, unless you have an item (like the Venom Ward) that raises your maximum resistance. This is unaffected by the difficulty penalty. However there is a max of 95 (or is it 90?) So if you combine that with a 75% reduction, you will take 1/80th damage. (5% damage taken due to your resists, and then 25% of that)