Swedish foreign minister murdered
http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/09/11...bing/index.html

Sweden is in shock. This is an attack on the open community that Sweden has always been. Politicians in Sweden are supposed to be able to live like ordinary people. She didn't even have a bodyguard with her, she was in the mall on private business, and then some a-hole kills her. This comes only 4 days before the Swedish people are supposed to vote on whether or not to join the EMU, and Lindh was one of the most prominent supporters of the idea.

This is like a flashback to 1986, when Swedish prime minister Olof Palme was murdered.... :(
I'm shocked too. My condolences to all Swedes. :( I hope the murderer will be caught, and that her death would not adversely affect her cause.

- Tommi
Hammer of Atur
PvE/RP World of Warcraft Guild
Argent Dawn (European RP server), Alliance side

Dwarf Campaign
Awarded Custom Campaign for Warcraft III

Tommi's Diablo II information and guides
The de facto source of Diablo II game mechanics
.. as my distraught Swedish professor of history told me today. Last time this happened they were walking around saying "When they catch him ...." and today the sentiment seems to be "If they catch him ..."

She also said that the Swedish government had a difficult decision to make concerning the election this Sunday. Only two days away, and something like this happens.

I can't be sure which side will/would become affected by this incident, but my logics tell me that the "yes"-side would get an increase in votes for two (perhaps cynical and naive) reasons:

1. Someone might see this attack as another aspect of the 'no'-side of the debate and would want to protest by voting 'yes'.

2. Sympathy. Surely, regardless of what one's political view is, most of Sweden would be mourning the loss of this woman (I would suspect), and feel sympathy for her and her cause, and consequently give their vote to her.

Although the attack was yesterday, she did die this morning, and thus september the eleventh takes on another victim of malignant actions.
Ask me about Norwegian humour Smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTs9SE2sDTw
That we share evil on the same day in common.

My condolences, on the bubble being burst, and on the entropy influencing your open society. That truly stinks.l
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete