Anybody know what's up with the Basin?
Zerathorn,Sep 22 2003, 03:01 AM Wrote:Right on JF!!  Excellent site here LL.  Heard about it but never took the time to visit - glad I did.

Keep up the great work.
Slowpoke Zera :P

Thanks for the updates Sails -n- Dan :D and a huge thanks to Bolty -n- crew for puttin' up with us ;) !
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Just wished to mention that I got a page like "Apache Web Server Test Page" yesterday evening when I checked. (at the main index, all other directories gave a 404 Error) However, it went away later, back to the current "not responding" state. Anyway, something seems to be going on over there at least. :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
We're in the middle of reinstalling the OS on the server. There was an issue spotted by our ISP which caused them to bring it down in it's current state.

Zen, nlx, Weasel, and ReptileHouse are on it. I'm standing to the side and watching.

It looks as though we haven't lost any data, but the time-consuming task of building a web server from the ground up has begun. We may be down for a few more days.
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Slightly off topic but related to the hurricane, this is what I found the other day in the "Daily News From Iceland (bolded text by me on the parts I liked most):

Icelandic Embassy in Washington Closed
The Icelandic Embassy in Washington was closed at noon yesterday (local time) due to the hurricane Isabel. According to diplomat Gudni Bragason in Washington, he described the situation in the city as a “storm in a teacup”, saying that the weather outside his home was “typical Icelandic weather. It’s not as bad as the weather we’re used to in Iceland. There’s just a lot of wind and rain.“ Bragason didn’t know what the situation was like in other states, but said that the press were making a big deal out of the situation. “It’s the same thing when it starts snowing in Washington, everything comes to a halt.“
----------------------

Gotta love them Icelanders ^_^
Thanks for the heads-up TPJ.

Major withdrawals have begun here - my family wants to check me into Betty Ford tomorrow, but no one can agree on how the therapy would proceed.

I'm resisting with all means necessary thus far - have chained myself to the water piping in the basement - close enough to the utility power outlet and phone inlet to monitor the situation on my laptop. The office has called several times I'm sure - but the phone will be busy.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAH - THEY'LL NEVER GET ME OUTTA HERE - I'LL NEVER REFORM - NEVER NEVER!!!
HAPPY GAMING EVERYONE!!

Amazon Basin Moderator
AB Reveler Leader

East Realm

"Buzzards gotta eat - same as worms" (spit)
Hey, Zera... I just want to let you know that, I'm here for you man, and it will be okay... :blink:

Just breathe deep, and drink lotsa water, and think about peeing... because you're gonna hafta do that soon.

then think about how I haven't been able to play for a month :(
muffins for all!
Thanks for the update, TPJ, and thanks for continuing to provide the AB site for us. Also, a big thanks to Zen, nlx, Weasel, and ReptileHouse for their huge commitment of time to keep the AB up and running. :wub:

On a brighter note, this finally pushed me into registering here instead of just being a "lurker" at the LL. Great site you have here. We really appreciate the way Bolty has worked with TPJ. Gogo, LL!
I had to break down and re-register, too.

Actually the website and WT going down this weekend was good for me-I've mostly finished up painting the house, replaced the brakes, oil and filter on my wife's car and generally got a whole bunch of stuff done this weekend.

On the downside, I also turned on the TV but could only take ten minutes of that.
I guess a lot of basiners lurked here, and now with AB being down decided to register here

I already recognise some names that are viewing the same posts as me :)
Me too, Wim. :)

Thanks for the info, TPJ. It's been a confusing weekend.

Hope to see everybody soon!

~Teo
This must set a record for the most number of people to register to the Lounge in a week :P Everyone's coming here now :P
Thanks for letting me know whats going on. I have been a lurker now for several months and this is the sight that I found out about The Amazon Basin And thanks for this wonderful sight that is the lurker loung. :D

-Hell-Bringer or Hellbringer.
"Darkness and evil shall fall back to the burning hells within and light shall rule the lands of the good."
mee tooooo..... this is kinda like we all have to go over to the neighbor's house cause we lost the keys to our apartment.... heheheh. Thanks to everyone involved - let me know if I can help.

Wee
Snorelax,Sep 22 2003, 03:02 PM Wrote:This must set a record for the most number of people to register to the Lounge in a week :P Everyone's coming here now :P
Heh, I thought I'd registered way back when, but discovered either I'd been mistaken or the forum accounts are cleaned up after they've been idle a bit.

Anyway, this is where I always came to find info on classic D2. It's good to come out from the lurk status. :)

--ceolstan
In worlde we ware kast for to kare
To we be broght to wende
Til wele or wa, an of tha twa,
To won withouten ende.
Quote:“It’s the same thing when it starts snowing in Washington, everything comes to a halt.“
Yeah! We love to skip a day of work and go play in the snow while it sticks around! :lol:
-TheDragoon
Quite a few familiar faces here. *smiles*

Neighbors house, huh? *looks around* Yeah, it's pretty nice in here. Thanks Bolty!

*pokes head in 'fridge*
TPJ • Founder, The Amazon Basin
Just saying HI - thanks for the updates!

Lucky for me they don't show your post count! This MIGHT be number 3 for me - not hardly a post pumper here! But registered for a while.

The problem in DC versus Iceland - or Buffalo NY, for that matter - is not the severity of the weather, it is what the infrastructure can handle! It makes no sense to be able to handle weather that shows up once every 20 years or so. This allows the rest of us the luxury of laughing at their inability to cope!

<ponders all those PMs waiting for me on the basin web site>
Quote:It looks as though we haven't lost any data, but the time-consuming task of building a web server from the ground up has begun. We may be down for a few more days
Shame to hear that you'll be down a few more days, but I'm very relieved that no data will be lost. I've actually had time to go out and do other things with AB being down and all, :blink: Kinda strange, I never realized how much time a day I spent there.
(I want it back!!!)

I also just registered here, just waiting for the basin to get back up, and no way I'm going back to DiabloII.net
Must post something somewhere...... :blink:

Hey all!

Basiner here that has been Lurking this Lounge for quite a while. Of course I never registered but have always enjoyed the loads of info available here. Thanks for the info guys! :D

So where are the SW:G forums around here anyway? :P

-Strolan
Strolan,Sep 22 2003, 06:13 PM Wrote:So where are the SW:G forums around here anyway?&nbsp; :P
GACK! :) Don't get me started!

Hehe, welcome Basiners, hope you enjoy your temporary stay. I know you would extend the same hospitality (as in the past) if our sites' roles were reversed.

-Bolty
Quote:Considering the mods here are generally liberals who seem to have a soft spot for fascism and white supremacy (despite them saying otherwise), me being perma-banned at some point is probably not out of the question.