News? We don't need no new news!
Just checked to see if the same "August 4" paragraph was up on the Arreat Summit and I was ~shocked~ to see that there was a new paragraph!

So we have something new, yet not so new, that might be called news about the patch.

<_<

Lula :rolleyes:

Quote:September 22, 2003

Hi
A common question recently is why have there been no new updates since August 4? Well the answer is that now that you have a version of 1.10 to play with that there really isn't any NEW news to post about. We're still working on the patch and a large number of people are devoted to testing it. Once that patch is released there will be a few more updates to the site. But this site was pretty much completed back in late 2001. Our one strategy site web person (me who shall not be named) is currently finishing up some Warcraft III guide stuff before moving on to World of Warcraft. Since the web guides are free, we have one person that works on them in his spare time. We did quite a  lot with the Arreat Summit and we'll continue to update it as patches come out but it's pretty much in it's final form. This has no influence/relation on the actual game itself which will continue to be supported via patches and so on. We hope you do appreciate what we were able to do with this guide in the 2 years we worked on it. We will continue to add new Diablo II news to this site. Please continue to watch this web site for any new Diablo II news from Blizzard.

edit:d'oh Arreat has 2 R's :unsure:

oh, and GF dropped a little post here.
Quote:1. Sept 23 - Hi! | 9/23/2003 6:10:13 PM GMTDT

Things are going great! We're working on the final patch changes list and it's about 12 pages! That's the condensed version too.&nbsp;

There is no ETA on when the patch is coming out but hopefully it's not terribly far off. We do have one thing that will help Diablo II people coming up fairly soon. =)

[ post edited by GFraizer ]
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
GFraizer (Nebu)
http://www.battle.net/news/secret/&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp;
One day GF is going to actually surprise me.

However, my problem is that I'm a hopeful pessamist, so he's gonna have to shave his body hair off and stand naked on top of the Eiffel Tower while drinking a bucket of mauve paint.

Oh wait, now I've outlined that scenario it no longer surprises me.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Hmm... What if he joined a roving band of Samurai mimes :ph34r: who provoke angry wildebeasts armed with sporks to stampede angrily toward your house? All this was dancing to polka music. ;)

Oh, and... finally! News. Kinda.
This one from the Battle.net Forums about Warcraft III is also from GFraizer:

Quote:"There has been no official announcement of a patch for Warcraft III. But certainly 1.12 is not the last patch to the game. Anyone who has played a lot of Warcraft III (me over 1030 ladder games) knows that the game could be easily improved by making some balance changes. With that said, there is no exact date on when changes might be made, even internally. Right now we're especially focused on Diablo II 1.10 which is still not out yet. But since War3x is a very new game, it's likely that it won't be very long time (our definitions of such may differ) before changes are made again. You've already seen us make changes to ladder, AMM, ladder maps, and even release new maps so the game has been supported as we go. But certainly all players including me (more than you) want the game to be improved via a patch (balance changes).

We have a team devoted to keeping the game cool, and to make improvements to the game. At this point it's been weeks since I've seen anyone say anything that we've not already discussed (leave it alone/change it). So we're on top of things. Your patience is appreciated."
History seems to be repeat itself, doesn't it?

Anyway, this is good news as the Diablo II can't be VERY FAR™ anymore :D
"Man only plays when in the full meaning of the word he is a man, and he is only completely a man when he plays." -- Friedrich von Schiller