OMG No Hangovers
The article

http://www.ru21.com/

Research into the key ingredient in the pills, succinic, a colorless, crystalline dibasic acid found in amber and many plants, has been going on since the 1960s at the Russian Academy of Sciences' Institute of Theoretical and Experimental Biophysics in Pushshino in the Moscow region. In developing the pills, scientists found that rats injected with lethal doses of alcohol survived or stayed alive longer when treated with succinic acid.

Spirit Science's web site explains the process like this: "RU-21 balances alcohol metabolism by slowing down the process of ethanol oxidation into acetaldehyde [which causes hangover symptoms], so less acetaldehyde occurs in the first place, and then speeding up the process of acetaldehyde decomposition into acetic acid and then water and carbon dioxide."

And the clincher

Informal research conducted by The Moscow Times found that six tablets effectively annulled the aftereffects of 2.5 liters of beer..

Omg. Does this mean what I think it means? Its been low-key marketing, and doesn't recommend heavy drinking, but woohoo!
"RU-21 balances alcohol metabolism by slowing down the process of ethanol oxidation into acetaldehyde"

Does that also meen you will stay drunk longer?

Its been to long since I had cellular bio and bio chem, I forget if this the standard path to metabolise alcohol or jus a secondary path.
Prior to retiring for the evening, after having had mucho to drink:

1. Take out an Alka Selzer™ packet.

2. drop both tablets into a glass of at least 10 oz of Water.

3. Drink it all.

4. Go to bed.

5. Wake up: not much, or no, Hangover.
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
Hangover? Oh, you mean that poor feeling you sissy girly men feel in the morning after to much drinking the night before? :P

Eat a hot pepper upon waking up. It will cleanse your taste buds, restore your mental facilities, and generally make you feel perky again. I find green coloured peppers better for this then red peppers. A good chili or jalapeno will work. Also, eat an apple. Better for you then coffee, and does wonders to help remove hangover fuzz.
All alone, or in twos,
The ones who really love you
Walk up and down outside the wall.
Some hand in hand
And some gathered together in bands.
The bleeding hearts and artists
Make their stand.

And when they've given you their all
Some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy
Banging your heart against some mad buggers wall.

"Isn't this where...."
I just find it interesting to note that the hangover pill is named "RU-21", which is the homophone of the same question you'd ask a person who's potentially underage in many American states.
Political Correctness is the idea that you can foster tolerance in a diverse world through the intolerance of anything that strays from a clinical standard.
:lol: A subtle joke perhaps ? :lol:

BTW , what's a hangover ? ;)
Stormrage :
SugarSmacks / 90 Shammy -Elemental
TaMeKaboom/ 90 Hunter - BM
TaMeOsis / 90 Paladin - Prot
TaMeAgeddon/ 85 Warlock - Demon
TaMeDazzles / 85 Mage- Frost
FrostDFlakes / 90 Rogue
TaMeOlta / 85 Druid-resto
Hail Drasca,

I admit that I was too lazy to take a look at that link, but on the other hand, I don't have to read it since my reply has a rather different spin.

What I think is: If you have a hangover in the morning, you deserve it; it tells you that you have done something to your body that is not all that healty. Don't misunderstand me: I have been through quite a lot of hangovers myself, but I am grateful for them, for the above reason.

Envision someone inventing a narcotic drug / drink / pill / (your idea here) / whatever kind of drug that would have no side effects. Quite a lot of people would be consuming it continuously, I guess. SO, what I think is good about alcohol is that it gives you a hangover if you consume too much of it. Kind of works like a control mechanism, I guess.

Anyway, bottom line (and I don't buy the story, anyway): Alcohol without a hangover = vastly increased number of alcoholics = vastly increased number of alcohol-related deaths = bad idea!

Well, just my two cents...

Greetings,
Lord_Olf
"I don't like to brag, I don't like to boast, but I like hot butter on my breakfast toast!" - Flea