Ruststorm coming!
yep its comming and i hope it kills allthose pesky iths, man i miss playing still trying to get are computer fixed...

love the avatar so much

[Image: ruststorm3.gif] run you cheaters
[Image: chandelier.gif]
[Image: greyson.jpg]
[Image: demtorch.gif]
Ah, good idea, I'll put it on an old account or something, but I think it's worth it to hold onto it as proof. And I am personally curious to see what happens to it. Maybe it'll lost stats day by day or something (rust), who knows! If it dissapears we can have a party, and if it doesn't...we have evidence that Blizzard's technique isn't working.

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
What happens to an item that is duped or whatnot? I'm asking because I upgraded to 1.10 (Yay!) and my horadric staff now has a red name. I'm wondering if this means they think I have a hacked horadric staff, or if they just do that with quest itmes or something.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Initial reaction: Hahah, quest mule owned.

It's red because you took it into the wrong difficulty, I'd imagine.
*Pren_LL-AB
USEast HC
Dark_Mutterings (Necromancer)
Doug_Winger (Wearbear)
Heroic career and 1.10 aspirations cut tragically short because NOBODY CAN DO ANYTHING WITH A 22.2K CONNECTION WHY DOES GOD HATE ME.
http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/forumrules.shtml

No cheating allowed.
If you cheat in multiplayer games, you are not welcome to read or post at the Lurker Lounge. We ask you to respect the administrators' and posters' feelings on this matter and go to another site with less stringent rules against cheaters. However, if you choose not to respect our wishes, don't be surprised when you are met with extreme hostility from gamers who like to play games the way they are meant to be played. If you are ever caught admitting to cheating, you will be banned on sight.

-edited by Griselda
In the beta, my Horadric staff from 1.09 was unusable, even in the correct difficulty. I surmise that quest items are now flagged for difficulty; since 1.09 items are not, they are therefore invalid for all difficulties. Sorry, I think you'll have to re-do those quests.
At first I thought, "Mind control satellites? No way!" But now I can't remember how we lived without them.
------
WoW PC's of significance
Vaimadarsa Pavis Hykim Jakaleel Odayla Odayla
When I play, I always do all the quests and in order. The staff in question is from Hell, and this was in Hell. Oh well. Not too hard to go back and get the pieces again. :P

I just thought of how much it would suck to have a completed Khalim's Will. That would be a pain in the butt to do over.

I wonder if quest rewards are flagged for difficulty, now too. Like if you had a scroll of resistance in your stash, would that turn red too?
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
"...extremely challenging world-event..."
waht exactly is that? thats a quote from the bnet link up at the top
Pre 1.09 dupes will not dissappear unfortunatly, not unless they plan on wiping out all pre 1.08 items. A lot of the items duped pre 1.09 had no ID tags to verify they were from a duplicate. This is not the case with post 1.08 items. Ith's, Whites, Quarks, Hex, bugged, hacked, etc... these items WILL dissappear, eventually. I've still heard that 'most' of the illegit players retain their items, but since I don't have diablo installed on my computer, this is all hearsay from what I've read on various forums. I presume that eventually the "Ruststorm" will catch up to all these illegal items, but duped pre 1.09 items are here to say, thus the SOJ selling tactic Blizzard has employed.
"The true value of a human being is determined primarily by the measure and the sense in which he has attained liberation from the self." -Albert Einsetin
what MEAT said was what i was trying to tell in my previous post... prepatch classic dupes (and 1.08 items?) are still floating around the realms for now, and they must go away soon...

All items that were hacked from expansion into classic realms, are now gone.
I for one would just like to say, that in light of the Rust Storm, none of my 6-8 Sojs were deleted... Just goes to show that there really are legit players that find legit items. Not that they are of any worth to me anymore... Along with the unid shafts, shakos, SS, etc... Oh well. Swift