Ruststorm coming!
http://www.battle.net/

Enough said :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edit: Oh, and that is supposed to be "sash" in the topic subtitle ;)
That looks cool. :)
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Heh, cute.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
[Image: ruststorm3.gif]
*Blink*Blink*

All my items vanished too. Of course this is far less spectacular when you realise that I had no items.

And, uh, for once it seems "any day now" means "any day now."
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Lol, when I first saw it I thought it was a new Whirlwind animation
Hilarious. A warning for the elite hackers to sell off their junk to poor l'il lamers who don't know any better. :S

I'd like to know if the warning serves any GOOD purpose?

-rcv-
I figured it meant that the ruststorm already came.

If it is a warning, then that's just stupid. Of course, they be saving themselves the effort of deleting them, and hoping all the hackers panic and sell their 6 socketed windforces to Charsi.

Eh... just re-read the post on the Arreat Summit. I guess it's pretty obvious that it's a warning.
Kartoffelsalat
USEast SCL
*kevin_osu
Hit the small red circle, and the middle of the "x" therein. :D
Cry 'Havoc' and let slip the Men 'O War!
In War, the outcome is never final. --Carl von Clausewitz--
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
John 11:35 - consider why.
In Memory of Pete
HAHA YOU FOOLS!! It isn't a warning, it IS the rust storm!!!!

They are being TRICKED!! THEY SHALL SELL THEIR OWN ITEMS IN DESPAIR!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

j/k, but it would be funny.
Nebuul,Oct 24 2003, 02:23 PM Wrote:HAHA YOU FOOLS!! It isn't a warning, it IS the rust storm!!!!

They are being TRICKED!! THEY SHALL SELL THEIR OWN ITEMS IN DESPAIR!!!! MUAHAHAHAHHAA!!!

j/k, but it would be funny.
Damn, I wished that was actualy true. :lol:
[Image: ruststorm3.gif]

mwuahahahaha!!!!!! Take that cheats!!! :P
Bloodstar6078 @ USWest
ブラッドスター
heh. it's cool little touches like this that remind me why i love Blizzard so much.
Caes
It'd be nice to hear how effective it turns out, although this is probably the least likely place to find people with first-hand experience. :)
I think I'll start peeking in on the bnet forum waiting for the explosion of people complaining about their "legit" ith items disappearing...
The 1.10s beta patch had some of the items deletion code that will be used in the Rust Storm. Hopefully there is more or updated code than that for the final version since there were some of the 'test items' that I use in mods for testing parts of the game that did not get deleted off of the test characters. If what was in the 1.10s patch is all the code that is there then there are some of the hacked items that will not be getting deleted in the rust storm.
We actually can test it. Months ago, someone gave me an oculus ring (occy ring) and I've held onto it to see if it dissapears when 1.10 comes live. So if Rust Storm actually works, I'll be the first to tell you. And no, I have not been using the stupid ring.

-Wapptor
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds; and the pessimist fears this is true."
-- James Branch Cabell
Quote:Hopefully there is more or updated code than that for the final version since there were some of the 'test items' that I use in mods for testing parts of the game that did not get deleted off of the test characters.

Was that white items with lots of properties? I remember testing out some things, most of the time some modifiers (say +7 all skills) made the items get deleted, except if I used white items as base.

I'm pretty sure some magic items which couldn't even spawn with modifiers(like block recovery, I put that on 10 different items except shields) didn't get deleted either.

Maybe this shouldn't be discussed though..
Might not want to do that... Since if they really do ban the cheaters, you too will be banned.
I don't think they're going to ban people whose items are deleted, because not everyone with a dupe knows they have a dupe, and it is possible that some less experienced/knowledgable people traded for a hacked item without realizing/knowing it was hacked.
They'll probaly go after dupes too and there's no way for people to tell if their item is a dupe. The dupes should still be deleted, but you can't ban people for that.

Oh yea, quit jacking my tar! :P