1.10 Ladder hacks already?
Well, I created a new account (Kid-Amazon), a new character (Arctic-Kid), and checked out the waiting room.

While there, I checked the status on the new ladders. Highest levels in softcore were a bunch of CLevel 13, hardcore was CLevel 11.

I made a game, and while I was doing my thing, a message popped up: "3 Stones of Jordan sold to Merchants".

Okay, I expect that will relate to the "World Event", but unless they have REALLY messed around with the requirements for how items drop, I con't imagine how maximum CLevel 13 characters would have SoJs drop for them. Maybe Blizzard created them on purpose, to get a headstart on a World Event. I sure HOPE that it was Blizzard.

-rcv-
Hail channel1,

If there was a hack, I'm quite sure there would be more then three Stone of Jordans sold. Well, hopefully I'm right.
That message isn't indicative of there being ladder hacks. Not saying that there aren't hacks, but simply getting the "X Stones of Jordan sold to Merchants" message doesn't mean that there are.
Blizzard, in keeping with our zero-tolerance policy concerning hacks, is aware of the hackers and is taking all non-effective steps available to solve the problem. The perpetrators are hereby officially warned: if you use hacks, you will force us to post... another warning!

Thank you, the blizzard team.
"Life is sacred and you are not its steward. You have stewardship over it but you don't own it. You're making a choice to go through this, it's not just happening to you. You're inviting it, and in some ways delighting in it. It's not accidental or coincidental. You're choosing it. You have to realize you've made choices."
-Michael Ventura, "Letters@3AM"
channel1,Oct 28 2003, 10:06 PM Wrote:I made a game, and while I was doing my thing, a message popped up: "3 Stones of Jordan sold to Merchants".

Okay, I expect that will relate to the "World Event", but unless they have REALLY messed around with the requirements for how items drop, I con't imagine how maximum CLevel 13 characters would have SoJs drop for them.  Maybe Blizzard created them on purpose, to get a headstart on a World Event.  I sure HOPE that it was Blizzard.
But is the world event restricted to the ladder? If not, it's sounds possible people have sold SOJs in non-ladder.

Anyway, I also saw the exact same message with the same number and all. It *could* have been Blizzard testing the world event now that 1.10 was live. Would be embarassing for them if it didn't work when 1.10 is live. :)
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
Pfft, only 3 Stones of Jordan sold to Merchants? In one of the games I was in, I had 23, 25, and 41 Stones sold, all displayed in the same game. :blink:

I have no idea what it means. :P
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
It seems different players in the same game get a different number, too. Not sure if this is due to lag or if it keeps count per-player. My guess is that while you're in a game, any soj sold to any merchant in any game on that realm adds to your running total. When you start a new game that total goes back to zero (for you). Sound logical to anyone else?

The highest I've seen it go to so far was 65.
The highest I've seen it go to so far was 65.

But, was it in the new Ladder?

My point was that there shouldn't have been ANY Stones of Jordan available yet for anyone to sell, with the highest characters only at CLevel 13.

Of course, the message MAY cross over from the old, non-Ladder games. In that case, though, I would expect a lot MORE being sold, in order to trigger the World Event and possibly an Annihilus drop.

-rcv-
I noticed after SOJ sale happened, that the number of days on my Ladder expiration went from 10 to 11....It may have something to do with that, as I really did nothing else

BTW, Im *NERDmanWhippy...Hard core all the way baby...level 4 necro named simply "Eth"....msg me, we will have to do some leveling

J
*NERDmanWhippy on Us East
Nope I got that message when I was the only one in the game.
With great power comes the great need to blame other people.
Guild Wars 2: (ArchonWing.9480) 
Battle.net (ArchonWing.1480)
Archon_Wing,Oct 29 2003, 01:01 AM Wrote:Nope I got that message when I was the only one in the game.
Just wait for the number to go high enough and wait for something to happen. :)
There are three types of people in the world. Those who can count and those who can't.
channel1,Oct 28 2003, 05:42 PM Wrote:The highest I've seen it go to so far was 65.

My point was that there shouldn't have been ANY Stones of Jordan available yet for anyone to sell, with the highest characters only at CLevel 13.

Of course, the message MAY cross over from the old, non-Ladder games.&nbsp; In that case, though, I would expect a lot MORE being sold, in order to trigger the World Event and possibly an Annihilus drop.

-rcv-
Yes it was on the ladder. which is the basis for my theory. That the text message comes up when people in OTHER (non-ladder) games sell them. It went up to 65 in the first game I was in, and around 40-ish the next game. That was me playing for about 2 hours before my attention span gave in (and my hopes of early ladder-dom failed at lvl 24).
Aello,Oct 28 2003, 04:37 PM Wrote:That message isn't indicative of there being ladder hacks.&nbsp; Not saying that there aren't hacks, but simply getting the "X Stones of Jordan sold to Merchants" message doesn't mean that there are.
Aww.....

Are you going to keep us in the dark and enjoy the speculating? Or are you going to tell us what it DOES mean? :P
And you may call it righteousness
When civility survives,
But I've had dinner with the Devil and
I know nice from right.

From Dinner with the Devil, by Big Rude Jake

Well, played for like 5 hours earlier, and another 2 so far, and in the second game(still running) I got "4 Stones of Jordan sold to merchants" so I TPed and went traipsing from Lut Gholein to the Rogue Encampment, back and forth, and even gambled my measly 100k on 2 rings(one from Elzix and one from Gheed) No luck. No SoJs ANYWHERE in sight. :(
See related thread in Amazon Basin for plausible World Event theory.
USEAST: Werewolf (94), Werebear (87), Hunter (85), Artimentalist (78), Meleementalist (76, ret.)
USEAST HCL: Huntermentalist (72), Werewolf (27)
Single Player HC: Werewolf (61, deceased), Werewolf (24)
channel1,Oct 28 2003, 11:42 PM Wrote:The highest I've seen it go to so far was 65.

This is no hack.

I asked Isolde / Aello about it, and he said that SOJs sold in *non-ladder* games also showed up in ladder games, which explains everything.
<span style="color:orange">Account: jugalator // <span style="color:orange">Realm: Europe // <span style="color:orange">Mode: Softcore (kinda inactive nowadays though)
Loyal Diablo fan since 1997 :-)
In that case, I'll probably never see an Anal charm. After 5 hours of playing non-stop, all I got was the "4 SoJ sold" message 2 hours in, and nothing else since then. Either Asia is very dupe free(HAH! My arse!) or all the SoJ dupe owners are having their exams. :lol:
Quote:The highest I've seen it go to so far was 65

That all? I went into a game and got the message "272 Stones Od Jordan sold to vendors".
But I told that kid a hundred times "Don't take the Lakes for granted.
They go from calm to a hundred knots so fast they seem enchanted."
But tonight some red-eyed Wiarton girl lies staring at the wall,
And her lover's gone into a white squall.
Yes. I too think it is a "World Event" and therefore not restricted to realm or type of game. All active games on that server are affected. The SOJ's are most likely being sold in SC non-ladder realm, but I think they affect all games on the server, SC, HC, ladder and non-ladder.
”There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." - Hamlet (1.5.167-8), Hamlet to Horatio.

[Image: yVR5oE.png][Image: VKQ0KLG.png]

AtomicKitKat,Oct 29 2003, 01:51 AM Wrote:In that case, I'll probably never see an Anal charm.
This has got to be the worst abbreviation I've seen in a long time. :P

Interesting how the amounts of SoJ's sold seems to be varied in different accounts. Could it be that the amount needed is the same, but that there is a set delay time between messages?
Don't worry. You won't feel a thing...until I jam this down your throat!
-Dr. Nick Riviera

Have you read the FAQ, Etiquette, or the Rules yet?