False Tombs
I've found my first 2 uniques in the false tombs. Bladebone double axe and Nagelring. :) Nagelring from a gold chest in one of the false tombs too, no less. :P
Is this your first two uniques of 1.10, or your first two uniques ever? :P

I used to clear out the tombs myself, and I seem to remember that the drops were pretty good even back as far as 1.06. Maybe you just got really lucky.
When in mortal danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

BattleTag: Schrau#2386
Wasn't quite so lucky in the real one. Died 5 times to Duriel before I put points into Iron Maiden and made him suicide on my wall. :( And all he dropped me was a lousy little rare ring and a TP. Oh well, at least the ring had some regen, so it didn't suck that much.
AtomicKitKat,Oct 29 2003, 12:24 PM Wrote:Wasn't quite so lucky in the real one. Died 5 times to Duriel before I put points into Iron Maiden and made him suicide on my wall. :( And all he dropped me was a lousy little rare ring and a TP. Oh well, at least the ring had some regen, so it didn't suck that much.
I was playing in a 7- (maybe 8-) player hc game last night, and 3 of us died to Duriel. He really has been beefed up, especially in ladder games.

I've lost count of the number of ways the Duriel fight is cheesy; you're in a small room, his attacks ignore your defense and/or are unblockable, they knock you back and stun you, and you're chilled so you can't fight back before you get hit again. He's at least highly cold resistant making it difficult to chill him back. And as if that weren't enough, in 1.10 his unblockable holy freeze now does you flash damage as well as adding more cold to his attacks. Oh, and he's got better defense. And blocking.

Just what exactly were they thinking of, here?

He dropped three crappy rares for us when we finally offed him last night.
You don't know what you're talking about.
I predict we will now have to level to 25 or even 30 before we'll be able to take on the new Duriel. Duriel did NOT need any beefing up! The only "nerf" they ever gave him was to make his loading happen at the start of his tomb(or maybe at the point when you plug in the staff), instead of the room. Otheriwse, his cheese has always been the same(no way out, no obstacles, cheesy charge lock,cheesy HF to keep you from escaping{this last one is merely an annoyance in normal, but a pain in NM/Hell due to increased range ensuring he will ALWAYS connect the moment you enter}), with the new addition of flash cold damage and added cold damage. :angry:

Somebody needs to kick the idiot who dreamt up this fat-arsed Hydralisk/Ultralisk cross.
Duriel is easy. I've beat him with every class (except Assy, which I never play) long before clvl 20. Read Sirian and read the old guides on DiabloII. There are basic a set of tricks that beat him.

But the post was about the FALSE tombs, always lots of stuff there for the patient and poor.
Duriel USED to be easy, I believe they are saying in 1.10, especially ladder, he has been beefed up and is harder.

I disagree with the lvl 30 to bit him though, I beat him yesterday with a lvl 20 assassin, it took 9 pots and was close at times but in the end I was victorious, with no deaths either.