Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid
Personally, I would max Valk. At level 17 (I think) she gets the use of War Pikes, and at level 25 (again, sketchy on the level) she gets a rare amulet to go with the rest of her equip. I've rarely seen my valk die, and then it's almost always due to iron maiden. Also, once she gets that high up, she'll be able to kill monsters quite efficiently on her own.

As for having maxed Immo, but no synergies... ouch. You've got the one point in FA which is enough (and at level 82 already, you're not going to have the skill points to max both it and CA for the synergy). I'd suggest putting some points into either Exploding Arrow or Fire Arrow (whichever gives the better synergy, right now I forget). I really like Goldstrike Arch as a weapon, but in your case, a Kuko Shakaku might work out better because it has +3 to Bow skills and +3 Immo Arrow. Not as much damage as Goldstrike though, and I forget if it's actually worth it to upgrade the thing.

Another thing I recommend is more points in pierce. AK404's Bowazon guide has a page with stats on how effective pierce is when going through multiple enemies.

Anyways, now that I've rambled forever, let me try to answer your questions.
1) From what I understand, unless you like chugging mana pots, it's better to pump Cold Arrow for the synergy before maxing FA.

2) Yes. Synergy bonuses for Lightning Fury are laughable (1%? please...). The only reason most Javazons put points into a synergy for it is because that synergy is Charged Strike, which, when combined with the synergy from Lit Fury, is one of the strongest attacks in the game (except vs. Lit immunes).

You're going to need at a minimum 80% pierce for Lightning Fury. This is because the skill itself doesn't really deal all that much damage, but when monsters group together and you hit multiple ones with a Fury, you're going to be sending a ton of lightning damage through monsters, usually enough to kill large groups with 1-2 javelins used. Without pierce, or vs. a single opponent, LF doesn't deal enough damage to be viable.
Alea Jacta Est - Caesar
Guild Wars account: Lurker Wyrm

Messages In This Thread
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by Ajax - 09-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by gekko - 09-01-2004, 10:22 PM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by Wyrm - 09-02-2004, 01:29 AM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by Wyrm - 09-02-2004, 01:35 AM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by gekko - 09-02-2004, 02:08 AM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by Ajax - 09-02-2004, 02:26 AM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by Assur - 09-02-2004, 02:50 AM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by gekko - 09-02-2004, 03:10 AM
Bowazon, thinking of going hybrid - by Ajax - 09-02-2004, 08:34 AM