Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(01-27-2021, 01:13 AM)Belix Wrote: With this, people can do in mere weeks what took me several months. I suspect by the time I have free time to work further on Diablo or Hellfire, there will be much more popular and actively maintained projects.
I'm assuming you are referring to Devilution. Don't forget that it took us about 2 years of dedicated labor to recreate all of it Big Grin

(01-27-2021, 01:13 AM)Belix Wrote: Hopefully someone out there tinkering with the source code reads this and realizes there's a sweet spot between classic and full blown mods where players would like to be able to have more settings to control their game experience.
That is exactly the goal of DevilutionX, we aren't even fixing the animation frame skipping bugs since it would change the balance of the game. Would much appreciate any feedback in regards to the project Smile

(01-27-2021, 01:13 AM)Belix Wrote: I'll be keeping an eye on the mods and patches coming out by source code, and, just as before, if I see Hellfire being neglected again, perhaps one day in the near future I'll recreate this mod bigger and better using source wizardry.

If I missed any questions here that haven't already been answered, feel free to ask again. I still plan to check this thread ever so often until I see Hellfire getting some love from other dedicated fans.
Hellfire support is the main feature of DevilutionX 1.2.0 which I'm hoping to release in a week's time. If you have time to test the latest version I would greatly appreciate it!
https://app.circleci.com/pipelines/githu...nch=master
(select your system, then download the zip from the artifacts tab)

(01-27-2021, 01:13 AM)Belix Wrote:
(01-14-2021, 07:55 PM)Phoenix7786 Wrote: With all these mods, tweaks, and patches, are Hellfire Multiplayer save files still located in the Windows folder itself?
I actually wrote a code that can be inserted into the .dat file that corrects that and saves them as non-hidden, non-system files in the same folder as the game executable with the filename format multi_#.hsv -- basically mirroring the behavior of the last official versions of vanilla Diablo.
I was thinking that it might be an idea to create a tool that converts old Hellfire multiplayer saves. DevilutionX only supports reading Hellfires single-player saves as the multiplayer saves are encrypted using the hostname of the computer they were generated on, and there isn't really a good cross-platform way of handling this.
(Diablo 1.09 multiplayer saves are supported)

But since I don't have any original saves (or a Windows computer) I'm not really the right person to do so Tongue

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by AJenbo - 03-06-2021, 02:58 AM