Saintly vs Awesome FPM
This is not likely to turn many heads among seasoned players, but I never really did the math until now.  It nicely puts into perspective, when dreaming of that Awesome FPM of whatever you long for, that the Saintly FPM of whatever you already have is probably nearly as good if not better.

I rounded all AC values down as per Jarulf, if I got that right; and if not the case, the results would not be skewed significantly.  I'm not sure if the Excel table I made to work this out would look nice (it does in Preview), so here's the gist of it.

- The best Saintly FPM, 75AC +130%, provides as good or better AC than 78% of Awesome FPM combinations;
- Only 12% of Awesome FPM combinations beat out the best Saintly FPM by at least 5AC, an amount IMO easily swamped in value by a good suffix;
- A perfect Awesome FPM, 75AC +150%, is a "mere" 15AC better than the best Saintly, not a negligible amount, but certainly to be weighted against a good suffix (e.g. Precision to attain perfect block).

Taking into account the greater ease to acquire and frequency at which hi-stat & suffixed Saintly FPMs are generated, chances are you'll have a sizeable collection of suffixed 70AC+ / 125%+ FPMs before you even land a useful suffix, let alone the one you need, on an average stat Awesome.

I've been enjoying a 75AC / +126% / +20STR on my level 35 Warrior, only 3AC away from a perfect Saintly, though I'm still holding out for a Precision. This armor beating out several - in fact all but one - of the plain Awesome FPM's I came across urged me to calculate the above.

This is of course applicable to shields and helms as well.  Look for high base AC over a nominal prefix "upgrade", especially on helms, where the narrower AC range has greater leverage over total AC.
Yes, Saintly FPM of suffix are know to be far more accessible than Awesome FPM of suffix, mostly due to the fact that Saintly ones can be shopped. The fact that an Awesome FPM of suffix will generate only once in 2100 games in the dungeon and in addition it will have 2-3 variables that will strongly reduce the chance that you'll find a useful one in any reasonable time of farming. A side note that plain Awesome FPM are also as useful.