Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Hi there,

first I'd like to thank you for your work. After reading about it, I started playing Hellfire again (for weeks - I didn't play the game for many years). As I am actually addicted to it, I made seven runs so far (three on Normal, four on Nightmare).

On
http://lurkerlounge.com/belix/HellfirePr...p&Info.htm
you wrote

Quote:I hold my work to high standards and try my best not to break anything in the game.
If you encounter a serious issue, please report it!
If it is the fault of my work, I will make every effort to issue a fix or updated version ASAP!

Well, I encountered an issue, so here is my report:

I played the game seven times now, using your version from the very start. In this time i collected some unique items. Some of them are changed through the default configuration (My bad I didn't out-# the options I would have liked to suspense earlier...) which I wanted to change back now to the original state as ment by Diablo/Hellfire. So I did out-# the corresponding code to find out that it did not work or did not work completely/properly - the items are (partially?) messed up/not reverted:

Again quoted from the link above:

Quote:Acolytes Amulet: +50 Mana, +10% Resist All, Faster Hit Recovery (was: 50% of Base Mana to Life*)

the one i have says (Mouseover info): "50% MANA MOVED TO HEALTH"
but it does (tested): +50 Mana, +10% Resist All (Faster Hit Recovery?)

Quote:Amulet of Warding: +40% Resist All, +4 Armor, -3 Damage, +20 Armor vs Undead (was: +40% Res All, -100 Life)

it says:
"RESIST ALL: +40%
HITPOINTS: +0"
it does what it says and increases armor class by 4

Quote:Blackoak Shield: -10 Vitality >>> Fast Hit Recovery

it says:
"+10 TO DEXTERITY
+0 TO VITALITY
ARMOR CLASS: 18
-10% LIGHT RADIUS
HIGH DURABILITY"
it does what it says; couldn't check Fast Hit Recovery

Quote:Flamedart: No longer states its Fire Damage twice

That is okay. Also it doesn't steal mana any more :-)

Quote:Harlequin Crest: +2 All Attributes >>> +4 All Attributes, +7 Life & Mana >>> +15 Life & Mana (AC penalty might be worth it now)

it says:
"ARMOR CLASS: -3
-1 DAMAGE FROM ENEMIES
+4 TO ALL ATTRIBUTES
HIT POINTS: +15
MANA: +15"
...and does so.

So, it seems the "altered uniques codes" does partially work when the unique items are created by the game, then the altered uniques with some of its new features are saved within the save file?
How to restore the unique items to the desired (non optimized) state?

I also collected a huge stack of oils. I also disabled its "improved usability code". Do the oils now still work the improved usability way or do these work as in the original hellfire?

BTW on my first three runs on Nightmare level I did not get the "Warlord of Blood"-quest, so I moved the state files out of the game directory and copied these back to the game directory (the original files kept in another folder) to start a new game, saved it, assaulted D13 to have a look if the quest is now available. It was so, so I reloaded the game an started me seventh run. But it seems that using a copy of the state files corrupted/reset my kill count for each type of enemy which then started by zero again, refusing info about enemies when pointing at them with the cursor.
Then I moved out the actual state files (run 7) of the directory and moved again the original state files (End of run 6) into the directory, started a new game and the kill count still/again started at zero.

It is possible that playing with a copy of the state files instead of the original files resets the kill count?
Well, I think it should not be, but it occurred right after replacing the originals by copies.
What else could/did cause to reset the kill counter?

(08-03-2015, 01:36 PM)Volker_Kaudah Wrote: 2. the item behind the door issue: it is an issue of vanilla diablo which made it into the mod too i suppose. this happened to me twice: first time in church. second time in catacombs.

Happened more often in vanilla: If an item is dropped behind a door it is likely that the dead monster is blocking the door. Blocked doors are ignored by Belix's Hellfire's cursor, so you usually can pick up these items. It happened anyway once to me (I reloaded the save state before killing that monster then...) But once it happened that a mana potion was behind an "activating book" (you have to click it to activate Halls of the Blind, Valor or The Chamber of Bones). It was impossible to pick it up.

Could you implement the possibility to highlight chests, sarcophagi, barrels and pods on the map? Especially in the Hive, pods are easily overseen or even unseen (if hidden behind a wall), but may contain some nice item.

kind regards

K

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Kunibert - 07-04-2018, 11:37 PM