Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Sorry for the delayed replies, it seems I haven't been getting e-mail notifications again.

(02-20-2016, 11:07 AM)Predator Wrote: Is it possible to update from my current 1.02.A4 version to the new A5 without lose files?
Worry not! No items or progress should be lost between when updating this mod to any new version. I try very carefully to avoid making any changes that would invalidate current equipment.

It is unfortunate that gear does break when switching to this mod from vanilla Hellfire, but that is due to Marsh's mod changing some of the item generation rules so that all the unique items could drop (previously many didn't).

(02-28-2016, 01:36 AM)amarksys Wrote: I can't seem to find the original Unofficial Hellfire 1.02 mod that this requires. I found the thread but the download links are dead. If anyone could mirror them that would be fantastic.
Oops! I actually had mirrors for Marsh's mod in the main post, but I seem to have erased them accidentally when transferring the bulk of that post into the new Documentation file. The mirrors are also listed there. I'll be restoring any working mirrors and download links to the main post, but here it is again just in case (still working as of 3/19/16):

Marsh's Unofficial Hellfire 1.02 Mod
http://thehellmod.ucoz.ru/Downloads/Mods...00-102.zip

(02-20-2016, 11:07 AM)Predator Wrote: Greetings and thanks again.
(03-17-2016, 02:56 PM)Faedru Wrote: UPDATE: Thank you so much for this wonderful mod, Belix! I am having so much fun!

You are both welcome, and thanks to everyone who has commented, left feedback, and reported bugs. I spent a several months worth of free time on all of this and am glad I decided to share it in case anyone else might enjoy it.

I don't think anyone has reported any issues with the current version of the mod itself. I will continue to check in here periodically, but unless I'm struck by a whim to alter anything else, A5 may potentially be the final version of the mod. Looking back there are some things I would change or do a little differently, but modifying the game's compiled code is terribly time consuming. If only Blizzard would release the source code for us!

Let's hope Diablo and Hellfire can keep working for another 20 years!

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 03-19-2016, 08:55 AM