Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
(08-01-2015, 10:49 PM)Thenryb Wrote: I had forgotten that the bard could achieve warrior one-handed swing speed by equipping a mace of speed/haste. I recall that she could not stun-lock advocates dual-wielding swords.

As far as vanilla HF and HF:F, iirc you're correct. I did try various combos, but in general I found bards going with mace seems to drop their damage by a noticeable amount, just generally speaking. Things are different when the clvl are say 40, plus or minus a few lvls. Going with a dreamflange and shield and playing as a mage can work, but I guess we've wondered over to the spell zapping type of bard, and no longer blunt wielding type of melee bard. Big Grin

I do have a mace\shield sometimes mage bard somewhere in my HF char folder though. Quite fun to play as well at least IMO.

Quote:The bard is less effective with mace/sword generally only because she loses the sweep attack and because some monsters 13 and below were not demons (succubi and lava maws). I suspect the sweep attack has been nerfed in this mod but in vanilla h/f it was quite an advantage.

Ah yes, thanks Thenryb for that reminder and explanation.
Found this post as well from the past.

http://www.lurkerlounge.com/forums/thread-8955.html

Unfortunately I'm not much of a coder\ code reader so I'm still unsure just how feasible it would be to even try making the changes I'm thinking about. Just as a personal HF tweak, mostly for my own use and experiment.

And that sweep attack in vanilla HF though bugged iirc, was definitely quite fun. Part of the frustrating charm* of vanilla unmodded HF I guess, different (and numerous) bugs balancing each other out in a way.

*But really, IMO Vanilla HF is still frustrating and mostly an incomplete product for the most part. The best part of me paying 20$ for a new HF cd from a computer store way back when, really was for the mods. And a patch like this from Belix just makes HF that much more worthwhile IMO. And have you seen some of the prices for an HF disc? Highest price I saw for a sealed copy was 100$. The used prices are more reasonable for most people at 20$ average, when they are available for sale. Hmm.... brb, gonna try to find a shrink wrapping machine and unload these AOL discs. Wait I mean...I will definitely do no such thing. Tongue

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Hammerskjold - 08-02-2015, 12:12 AM