Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Hello there, SmurfThat.

(05-16-2015, 10:19 PM)SmurfThat Wrote: Is anyone playing multiplayer?
I think the most active multiplayer gathering for Diablo 1 right now is over at http://tristr.am/, but I'm uncertain if any of them would be willing to play Hellfire, or this.

(05-16-2015, 10:19 PM)SmurfThat Wrote: It seems waaay easier to find high quality items like of the whale armor from wirt and awesome shields from griswold. Is this my imagination or has my luck just been amazing in hellfire?
Short answer: Not your imagination.

Long answer: There are two factors at work here over vanilla Diablo.

First is that the maximum price caps were adjusted by Hellfire itself. If I recall correctly, it was approximately 140,000 gold for Wirt, and 130,000 for Griswold. I think this was raised roughly 50,000 in Hellfire, allowing both merchants to sell better items that they previously couldn't.

Second are some changes (improvements, imo) that began with Hellfire: Fixed making Griswold more likely to sell types of items you actually could use.

Previously, both Griswold and Wirt were weighted to be more likely to sell types of items you did NOT have. So if you were a Rogue carrying 3 different bows, your chances of seeing bows for sale were significantly reduced. Needless to say, this behavior from Diablo and Hellfire made it harder to shop for the type of gear your character was currently equipped with, since anything you were wearing or holding in your inventory was less likely to be for sale.

Some players, understandably frustrated by this, would actually get a bunch of item types they didn't want from stores (like axes) to try to weight the inventory in their favor.

In the current version of this project, by default neither Griswold nor Wirt do this any more. All item types are equally likely to appear. Between this and Hellfire's increased price cap, you are definitely more likely to see better equipment for sale as you start leveling up past 30.

So, some magical items that were already possible, but difficult find or buy are now less rare.

Have fun!

Messages In This Thread
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 05-16-2015, 10:42 PM