Hellfire Patch v1.02.A5: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish!
Woops. I missed an item in your first post, and missed your second entirely. I knew your second post was there but by the time I finished the first one I had forgotten about it.

(12-30-2014, 06:04 PM)Slyrk Wrote: [*]Double clicks necessary to choose load game or new game in the main menu. This means I cannot make these selections with the enter key
I think this is actually a bug caused by the file that adds UDP support to Hellfire. It also prevents the use of the Enter key for selecting a difficulty to host an MP game with. I have no idea why this file interferes with the Enter key in some menus, but the mouse doesn't disappear for me. What operating system are you using, and are you using the new DirectDraw wrapper that supports Windowed mode etc.? I'm not sure I ever posted about that here but I found it very useful for running Hellfire on newer systems.

If you're not playing multiplayer, or using a better solution like IPXWrapper, you can probably safely delete the new Storm.dll file (260kb~) and restore the original one (134kb~). Due to upload limits, I can't put the original here, so you'd need to grab it from a Hellfire install. Pretty sure Storm.dll was NOT modified by the Hellfire v1.01 patch, so the one in a fresh 1.00 directory should suffice. If my memory about when the Enter key issue started is correct, this should fix it. I'd be curious to hear how it goes.

(01-02-2015, 02:58 PM)Slyrk Wrote: [*]Sometimes, the game crashes on Crypt level 4. Surprisingly often when I'm around one of the new super unique monsters. Happened like three times, but I couldn't consistently recreate the bug so I'm not sure what causes it.
I'll make a note of it. I've had a few crashes as well, particularly in the Catacombs and Crypt. But I think I had this problem with other versions of Hellfire, too. So far though I think I've only crashed when attempting to leave the floor.

(01-02-2015, 02:58 PM)Slyrk Wrote: [*]Gillian seems to select her gossip randomly from Pepin's or Griswold's gossip. Quite funny when you speak to the barmaid unsuspecting and you hear Griswold's booming voice.
This is a bug (or feature) of Ulmo's Gillian Stash. I've been meaning to look into this to see if it can be fixed, but given the complexity of the stash feature, it may have been necessary to make it work. I won't know until I can mess around with it. I always hear her speak with Cain's voice though.

(01-02-2015, 02:58 PM)Slyrk Wrote: [*]Gillian's stash is not accessible when she gives you the quest Grave Matters.
This is annoying, but only happens when you're holding the Cathedral Map. If I recall correctly, the repeating dialogue is a bug with Hellfire itself, and her new stash functionality makes it worth fixing.

(01-02-2015, 02:58 PM)Slyrk Wrote: Finally, I realized that I would really enjoy if Search would somehow highlight unique items. Say, by creating a golden glow around the item instead of a blue one.
That's a really neat idea. Not just for Search, but it would be nice if mousing over any item at all yielded a highlight color matching the text color; white highlight for normal items, blue for magical, gold for uniques. And then you see the same colors with Search active. I will have to look into that. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hellfire Patch v1.02.A4: Classic HF with less bugs and more polish! - by Belix - 01-08-2015, 04:27 AM
A5 progress update - by Belix - 02-02-2015, 09:28 AM