Why Dex-based classes are terrible.
(06-30-2012, 09:13 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote: But see, they'd have more mitigation if they had more str/int. That's my entire point is they have no stat mitigation. Your point is they have no skill mitigation. The end result is they just don't mitigate at all. But yes, int gives a kind of raw deal compared to items, but then everything is a raw deal compared to resist all, but they couldn't have made int better than resist all or we'd all need it, too.

Although I do admit I like that every stat has some kind of use to every class, even if it's a small effect. I know every time I see "dodged!" I give thanks to whatever dex is on my gear. Goodness knows my base amount is crap. :op

Well, you're also better off getting +armor on an item that getting Str if you're not a Barbarian as you tend to get more +armor than you would +Str out of an item.

Being that as it may, every class, except DH, has mitigation powers either through meat shields -- not great ones mind you in Inferno (Witch Doctor) -- or through actual active and passive skills. The DH has 1 (!) active skill with a specfic rune (Shadow Power - Gloom) to give them mititgation for a short period of time at a fairly steap resource cost (10 Discipline which DHs only get 30 base at a 1 second refresh rate unless you get +discipline off items to increase max discipling, grab a passive that gives you back 2 discipline per health globe, or run another skill slot to get all discipline restored every 45 seconds through preparation). Simply, DHs have no effective mitigation in an area that requires mitigation (and both Quark and Bolty can affirm what happens to me when I get multipe mobs in hand to hand with me, I'm sure I've helped them quite a bit along on getting to 250 players rez'd).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Dex-based classes are terrible. - by Lissa - 06-30-2012, 09:30 PM