Why Dex-based classes are terrible.
(06-30-2012, 05:47 PM)ViralSpiral Wrote:
(06-30-2012, 05:30 PM)Zombie Wrote: Hey man, dex based character's aren't terrible. DH and Monk's both have ways to make it work. If you want to find faults, then they're there in each class. I happen to think Demon Hunter's are the best and most fun class in the game. Don't have any problems staying alive on him at all, even in Hell. Just got to know how to use what you got to survive.

How about in Inferno? Because that's where I see the complaints start and that's what I'm discussing. I'm pretty sure all the classes are viable up to and through Hell, even if some of them have certain skills required rather than all skills being viable as per the design goal.

The isssue with DHs in inferno isn't that they're Dex based that's the problem, the problem is they have no real mitigation outside of using Shadow Power - Gloom, which expensive to use and only lasts a short time. As such, DHs are required to kite, kite, kite and this becomes a real problem as even with 10% to 12% run speed boots, a normal mob that is turned into a Champion or in a Boss pack with the fast attribute can outrun said DH (thus catching them without judicious use of either Vault or something that snares) or a fast mob (like spiderings, imps, and scavengers) which easily catch said DH even without gaining the fast attribute if a Champion or a member of a Boss pack.

Blizzard made Inferno require mitigation, but didn't give one class, the DH, true mitigation. This is the crux of the problem with the DH and not an issue with Dex.

Likewise, of all the base stats, Int is the worst if you've not a Wizard or Witch Doctor as it takes 10 Int to get 1 resist all. So to equal to items with 60 or more resist all, it would take 600+ Int to get the same effect (and the best I've ever seen to date is 270ish Int).
Sith Warriors - They only class that gets a new room added to their ship after leaving Hoth, they get a Brooncloset

Einstein said Everything is Relative.
Heisenberg said Everything is Uncertain.
Therefore, everything is relatively uncertain.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Dex-based classes are terrible. - by Lissa - 06-30-2012, 08:41 PM