Minion-based soloing builds are useless in Hell difficulty
Either I'm doing something wrong, gear does play a factor somehow, or dogs really aren't feasible in Hell. This is the build I was testing with. My testing was done in the early stages of Act 2 when you have to disrupt the 2 cultist camps. I had just finished one last night so I was starting in one of the basements and had to make my way to the other.

Things started off on a very very bad foot. Just outside of the cave were 2 champ packs (blues). One was Reflect/Vampiric/Waller Lucari Huntresses and the other were Molten/Illusionist/Nightmare Fallen. By themselves they might not have been too terrible, but together it was a bit painful. Dogs weren't dying immediately but they were getting picked off at a decent rate. Understandable given the circumstances. Finally cleaned that up, got 4 new dogs and made my way across the desert following footprints. Between the 2 caves I had to respawn a new pack of dogs ~3 times. In a normal fight with some Sand Wasp and Lucari Hunterss I lost an entire pack. In the Cultist room I lost another entire pack before all the cultists were down.

I'm going to try a build similar to your last posted one in the other thread and see if I have better luck with them moving forward.
Currently enjoying liberating the land of Sanctuary

[Image: arethor.jpg]
Stormrage - US (Inactive)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Minion-based soloing builds are useless in Hell difficulty - by Arethor - 05-24-2012, 12:35 AM