Let us compile a list of D3 annoyances.
(05-22-2012, 01:20 PM)Mavfin Wrote: What's a 3007? (Seriously, never encountered it.)

I've been playing to where it might as well have been single player for all I could tell. Ping's about 50, just like my WoW ping. I haven't seen anything to give me a hint what all the fuss is about, other than the few times they took the servers down to fix a couple things. Even then, I just leave that session, wait the 60 sec for the server to drop, and start another w/o logging out.

The 3007 is an error that occurs when the connection to the Blizzard login servers is closed due to a timeout. It doesn't happen to everyone and it entirely depends on the implementation of your networking hardware (network card, router, ISP etc...).

Many people have reported it (it seems to be a particular problem for people playing from Australia) and Blizzard's response is to provide a workaround which exposes your computer to hackers. They do have a "soft" workaround to the problem - join general chat and ensure that some text is posted to general chat every minute or so (the timing depends on how long it takes for your connection to be reset).

This has the effect of me having to ensure I am constantly spamming chat, basically whenever my last spam message disappears from the screen.

Not only does this bug effect you while you're playing, but it ALSO can kill you while you're watching a cutscene. I had the end of act 1 cutscene stopped halfway through, just so the server could tell me that it had a 3007 error. It just killed the cutscene and told me of my error. I had to log back in and watch it again.

It really kills the sense of immersion and if it doesn't get fixed soon there will be a player riot on our hands.

Not only does all of this apply, but I am really getting fed up with playing a single player game with 250+ ms lag (which was typical for WoW as well) because I happen to speak with a charming accent.

Blizzard have two to three weeks to fix this before I demand a refund under their 30-day clause.

I think that the most disappointing thing for me is that they already got the starcraft 2 model right and they had 9 years to perfect WoW. Starcraft 2 was seamless from day one. You could play the single player offline if you wanted to and playing online only ever resulted in queuing in the first couple of days, and it wasn't long when it happened.
Disarm you with a smile Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let us compile a list of D3 annoyances. - by smegged - 05-22-2012, 01:36 PM