Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop
Isolde,Apr 7 2003, 01:32 PM Wrote:I had this weird thought running through my head yesterday about whether or not any other games generate this much vitriol from its "fans".
I'd say that D2 attracting more vitriol from the D2 community than other titles would be a fair assessment myself.

I look at it like this: More features = more bugs. More bugs = more complaints, with a frequency roughly governed by the maturity of the fans.

While D2 is not alone in being a game with an extensive array of features, one only has to look at the broader catagories of other feature-laden games and see high instances of titles that fall under the heading of "Strategy" (Master of Orion 2 the example I currently have in mind). And MoO2 is a very buggy game. The difference between D2 and Master of Orion 2 is that D2 appeals to a younger audience I think. In light of that the ratio of compaints are likely to be high. The turn-based strategy players OTOH would seem to be a fan base more likely to be philosophical about a game's faults.

So yes. D2 will always be a heavily criticized product.

I admit it. I have some gripes about D2 also. But for the most part these are excusable when things are considered or otherwise minor issues. The pros far outweigh the cons in my book and I love the game as a result. :)
Heed the Song of Battle and Unsheath the Blades of War

Messages In This Thread
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Roderigo - 04-05-2003, 11:34 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by Thoreandan - 04-06-2003, 04:15 PM
Those "uber 1337 haxxors" finally get the chop - by WarBlade - 04-07-2003, 04:51 AM